Update from 5.3.2 to 5.51

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Sn10jg, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Sn10jg
    OP

Sn10jg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    Canada
    So I heard that everything still works for 5.51. I'm on 5.3.2. I haven't modded much else I a while and was wondering if I update now would I have to install the kernel exploit again? I also have the fake 5.51 installed already (forget what it's called).

2. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    You should have updated like months ago. Just update. You can do anything you do on 5.3.2 on 5.5.1

3. Sn10jg
    OP

Sn10jg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    Canada
    So it's ok right now to update from nintendo's server?

4. EclipseSin

EclipseSin FullMental Trollemist

Apr 1, 2015
    United States
    Vegeta's Hyrule
    1. The exploit was never installed in the first place, unless you are hosting your own files.
    2. You can update while spoofed to 5.5.1 by accessing the eShop.
    3. Yes everything still works, you will need to update your links to use the 5.5.1 exploit. I recommend loadiine.ovh or wiiubru.com/x

Last edited by EclipseSin, Oct 19, 2016
  5. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    Well of course. Just remember to block it back!

6. Sn10jg
    OP

Sn10jg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    Canada
    Oh my bad I meant hosting. I use my phone for self hosting since for some reason before I couldn't get it to work on the internet. Is tubehax still good or do I need something else? I read the wiiu guide for hacking but I don't know if it's updated.

7. EclipseSin

Apr 1, 2015
    United States
    Vegeta's Hyrule
    Yea, you will need to update your files. And I guess tubehax is fine, that I'm not sure of. People have mentioned another one lately, but I don't know the name.

I'd recommend Kafluke's package, but I'm not sure if your webserver on the phone supports PHP. easiest way to find out is to try though. As far as not working online, I had that issue a lot with 5.3.2, but it doesn't really seem to be the case anymore using the stagefright exploit. I've never had one failure using loadiine.ovh. wiiubru.com/x includes a small wait timer like loadiine.ovh does so I'd imagine success rate is fairly similar if not the same.

Oh, I did have to do the browser's "Save Data Reset" in it's own setting menu where you can delete cookies and change search provider. Other than that tho, just worked.

Last edited by EclipseSin, Oct 19, 2016
  8. Sn10jg
    OP

Sn10jg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    Canada
    Now I'm getting server issues. Won't update. Trying continously.

9. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    There's an android version in the OP of the AIO that supports php

EclipseSin likes this.
  10. Sn10jg
    OP

Sn10jg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    Canada
    Server issues could be my internet or nintendo. Does wup installer allow me to update my wiiu system?

11. EclipseSin

Apr 1, 2015
    United States
    Vegeta's Hyrule
    No. you will brick your console if you try. And it's likely some network problem, either you or nintendo as you say. Remove tubehax to update if you didnt, just a reminder.