Hacking Update 5.50 GEN-D2 PSP-1002 to 6.60 CFW

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So is C (fix 3) newer than C2 ? or is it completely made by another group? Would I be risking anything running the C (fix 3) installer over the top of my C2 install? I wouldn't mind restoring the ability to play PSN titles.

No never install a CFW over a CFW you will brick

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
C (Fix 3) is a downgrade from C2 look at the version "C (Fix 3)" and "C2" but psn downloaded PSX titles don't work on C2 that's where C(Fix 3) comes into being useful you can still play PSX titles you've generated eboots out of yourself with something like icedtea.
C2 gives you coldbird's Ad-hoc to Infrastructure plugin embedded to CFW instead of using a plugin and C2 also gains access to the extended memory that 2000-3000 models have installed for homebrew to use meaning you can actually use the n64 emulator and get a decent framerate

I still have all of my 6.60 plugins if your interested I grabbed them a couple years ago don't know if the links will still be up so I grabbed a whole bunch of them

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
C (Fix 3) is a downgrade from C2 look at the version "C (Fix 3)" and "C2" but psn downloaded PSX titles don't work on C2 that's where C(Fix 3) comes into being useful you can still play PSX titles you've generated eboots out of yourself with something like icedtea.
C2 gives you coldbird's Ad-hoc to Infrastructure plugin embedded to CFW instead of using a plugin and C2 also gains access to the extended memory that 2000-3000 models have installed for homebrew to use meaning you can actually use the n64 emulator and get a decent framerate

I still have all of my 6.60 plugins if your interested I grabbed them a couple years ago don't know if the links will still be up so I grabbed a whole bunch of them

I'm running a 1001 unit so I don't need the extra memory. The Coldbird Infrastructure plugin would be handy though! Am I safe to just go ahead and run the C(Fix 3) installer on my C2 install or am I running the chance of a brick (again)

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, using Hellcat's Recovery Flasher is the safest and easiest way to downgrade from a 5.x CFW to 5.00 OFW which is then easily and safely upgraded to the OFW of your choosing. It requires no extra hardware, and iirc, it's signed homebrew so it can be run on even an OFW semi-bricked console provided games can be launched without crashing back to XMB. When on OFW on any level, there are other downgraders that can be used if you find a preferable CFW that requires a lower OFW (like I prefer 6.20 simply because I'm the most familiar with this level and the PSX compatibility associated with it).

Don't listen to everybody saying Pandora this and MMS that. That is an old school method that has long been outdone by simpler and easier homebrew methods. The Pandora and MMS is the last resort for a bricked console provided the version of the system supports it (so basically 1k models and early 2k models).

I've been messing with PSP's since 1.50 I just gave him a noob friendly program to recover from a brick and go back to his current firmware of 5.50

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been messing with PSP's since 1.50 I just gave him a noob friendly program to recover from a brick and go back to his current firmware of 5.50
Yea now that I re-read it you recommended using the magic memory stick maker. I didn't read it right and just went ahead and applied a 6.60 OFW over the top of my 5.5 CFW and it worked. That's why I say I'm lucky I didn't fuck it up.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea now that I re-read it you recommended using the magic memory stick maker. I didn't read it right and just went ahead and applied a 6.60 OFW over the top of my 5.5 CFW and it worked. That's why I say I'm lucky I didn't fuck it up.

A brick would not have happened regardless but in that 1% chance it did somehow brick you had the option to recover from it. if you have an extra battery I recommend turning it into a pandora battery using the the tool it installed on your memory stick or use the one you have now and turn it into a pandora battery that auto boots the console when it gets plugged in. I'm almost positive you can make the battery using select while in 6.60 pro or me but I can't really remember

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

that's what you always need to do a OFW will overwrite anything a CFW had installed.
that is the way i've always done it I haven't bricked any psp besides that 2002 model that I had but that was a bad idea to try.
i've always install a new OFW then installed my CFW of choice for the OFW version has never failed me and that pandora battery trick is a life saver as long as you have a No.2 Led Pencil and an eraser you have a switchable pandora battery, who the hell wants to buy one when you can make your own :)

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A brick would not have happened regardless but in that 1% chance it did somehow brick you had the option to recover from it. if you have an extra battery I recommend turning it into a pandora battery using the the tool it installed on your memory stick or use the one you have now and turn it into a pandora battery that auto boots the console when it gets plugged in. I'm almost positive you can make the battery using select while in 6.60 pro or me but I can't really remember

No it's hold L then plug the pandora battery in isn't it?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's what you always need to do a OFW will overwrite anything a CFW had installed.
that is the way i've always done it I haven't bricked any psp besides that 2002 model that I had but that was a bad idea to try.
i've always install a new OFW then installed my CFW of choice for the OFW version has never failed me and that pandora battery trick is a life saver as long as you have a No.2 Led Pencil and an eraser you have a switchable pandora battery, who the hell wants to buy one when you can make your own :)

I would recommend against using that older method you can make a pandora battery using 6.60

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you thinking of neutron's cfw that will run on a pandora battery?
Found one of my spare units you can find the battery option in Select>Recovery Menu>Advanced>Battery Information (This unit is on 6.60 Me btw not sure if the same option can be found in pro) and I believe you can enter recovery by holding R on boot

DU6h5qk.jpg

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had followed this guide to make my pandora battery i'm surprised the page and images still exist http://www.consolespot.net/forums/p...l-pandoras-battery-guide-custom-firmware.html
instead of a pin being de-soldered it's a line being cut to make it pandora, then when you want to use it like a normal battery you fill in the line again with a No2. led pencil as led being an electric conductive material it completes the electron path so the battery operates normally again

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had followed this guide to make my pandora battery i'm surprised the page and images still exist http://www.consolespot.net/forums/p...l-pandoras-battery-guide-custom-firmware.html
instead of a pin being de-soldered it's a line being cut to make it pandora, then when you want to use it like a normal battery you fill in the line again with a No2. led pencil as led being an electric conductive material it completes the electron path so the battery operates normally again

Still wouldn't do that you can ruin your battery, pop it and burn yourself, or even start a small fire (happened to me once :P) just use recovery menu to make one.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have a PSP anymore wouldn't mind picking another one up there were some games I never got to finish. I just haven't bothered to look around the city for one

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why do you want C(Fix3)? and yes install OFW unless Xenon Hacks knows of a better way.
you can just make psx eboots with icedtea, unless you want to decrypt your eboots so you can use them. I decrypted psn psx titles to obtain good copies of the Spyro games couldn't find copies of 1 and 2 with good audio

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked