Hacking Update 3.0 first, then mod with Wiikey

shadoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I updated my Wii to firmware 3.0J and then got it modded with Wiikey (ie. updated first then mod) and it doesn't seem to be working right. Here's the symptoms:
- Can't run the setup disc (even the modified one)
- Can't run backup games if inserted in when the Wii is already started up. If I leave the CD in the Wii for a couple of hours and then start it up, it detects the disc and plays it. Shutting down and starting up immediately doesn't work. Similar behaviour when tested with Super Paper Mario (US) and a Jap game. Also, region lock is not disabled yet since I can't run the setup disc.

I don't know if it's because it's a bad soldering contact or because I updated and then modded. In any case, I'm confused...
wacko.gif

Anyone's got similar experience or can verify that modding after updating to 3.0 works?

gamez2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont think the update stops playing of your own region backups. the wiikey will need to have the setup disk to run to turn region free on.

im not 100% as to why it would work after a certain amount of time and not straight away.

Do you have good solder contacts?

I know the setup disk will not run ATM but I think its been fixed there is just not a official release from the wiikey team.

avexdevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the million dollar question. i want the answer to it too.

Has anyone successfully modded a 3.0x wii and had no problems whatsoever?

avexdevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0