Update 3.0 first, then mod with Wiikey

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by shadoe, Aug 13, 2007.

Aug 13, 2007
  1. shadoe
    OP

Newcomer shadoe Member

Malaysia
    I updated my Wii to firmware 3.0J and then got it modded with Wiikey (ie. updated first then mod) and it doesn't seem to be working right. Here's the symptoms:
    - Can't run the setup disc (even the modified one)
    - Can't run backup games if inserted in when the Wii is already started up. If I leave the CD in the Wii for a couple of hours and then start it up, it detects the disc and plays it. Shutting down and starting up immediately doesn't work. Similar behaviour when tested with Super Paper Mario (US) and a Jap game. Also, region lock is not disabled yet since I can't run the setup disc.

I don't know if it's because it's a bad soldering contact or because I updated and then modded. In any case, I'm confused... [​IMG]

Anyone's got similar experience or can verify that modding after updating to 3.0 works?

2. gamez2003

Newcomer gamez2003 Advanced Member

Australia
    I dont think the update stops playing of your own region backups. the wiikey will need to have the setup disk to run to turn region free on.

im not 100% as to why it would work after a certain amount of time and not straight away.

Do you have good solder contacts?

I know the setup disk will not run ATM but I think its been fixed there is just not a official release from the wiikey team.

3. avexdevil

Newcomer avexdevil Member

Australia
    the million dollar question. i want the answer to it too.

Has anyone successfully modded a 3.0x wii and had no problems whatsoever?

4. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    my friend soldered a wiikey 2 days ago, he has 3.0x firmware, the only problem is that it doesnt run the Wiikey Config disc, everything else works 100%

5. avexdevil

Newcomer avexdevil Member

Australia
    only if i had 2 million, i did give you 1, exactly the answer i wanted to hear. thanks.