Homebrew Update 11.6 and Homebrew

Seismof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I'd like to know if I can use steelhax with the latest 2DS OFW (11.6.0-39E) and do I install it like soundhax (basically get the homebrew payload, put it on my SD card and then do the same for the steelhax file)?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'd like to know if I can use steelhax with the latest 2DS OFW (11.6.0-39E) and do I install it like soundhax (basically get the homebrew payload, put it on my SD card and then do the same for the steelhax file)?
Without another Homebrew entry point, it is impossible to install steelhax. If I were you, instead of paying a ridiculous price for a compatible primary hax game, I would buy an nds flashcart, which can easily install a custom firmware onto any console for around $20.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Seismof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm only looking to get homebrew for pkhex and stuff, is that the only way? And is it the only thing I'll need or do I have to get powersaves? I'll need more info on that.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm only looking to get homebrew for pkhex and stuff, is that the only way? And is it the only thing I'll need or do I have to get powersaves? I'll need more info on that.
The reason i reccomend a cfw is because it allows for much more functionality, along with no fear of being banned or not being able to udate. A powersaves isjust as expensive as a flashcart and only let's you do about half as much. In addition, you need a cartridge copy of oot3d to use with the powersaves. What are you trying to accomplish with homebrew?

Seismof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I want to be able to gen pokémons and the only way I can do that with pkhex is by exporting my USUM save then modifying it and importing it. (The exporting and importing part are done in homebrew iirc)

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I want to be able to gen pokémons and the only way I can do that with pkhex is by exporting my USUM save then modifying it and importing it. (The exporting and importing part are done in homebrew iirc)

Unfortunately, there are no free ways to get homebrew at the moment on 11.6. They all require games that are more expensive than the $10 flashcart needed to install cfw, which lets you use homebrew and much more.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That method is a bit ancient by this point. This tool let's you do it directly on the 3ds itself https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/PKSM/releases, though i cant say how well it works without cfw, as ive never tested it. Anyway, you'd be saving money and hassle by just buying a flashcart. Along with that, you can use it to randomize USUM (which i did, it's a blast) and load ds roms to play past gen pokemon games all on one 3ds.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Unfortunately, there are no free ways to get homebrew at the moment on 11.6. They all require games that are more expensive than the $10 flashcart needed to install cfw, which lets you use homebrew and much more.
What flashcarts cost $10? Something that cheap can't be practical.

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That method is a bit ancient by this point. This tool let's you do it directly on the 3ds itself https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/PKSM/releases, though i cant say how well it works without cfw, as ive never tested it. Anyway, you'd be saving money and hassle by just buying a flashcart. Along with that, you can use it to randomize USUM (which i did, it's a blast) and load ds roms to play past gen pokemon games all on one 3ds.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What flashcarts cost $10? Something that cheap can't be practical.

PKhex is superior in terms of functionality. PKSM is great, don't get me wrong, but it isn't as feature complete as pkhex.

The R4iSDHC Gold Pro 2017 costs $10, and is fully capable of installing NTRboot.

Last edited by kingaz,

Seismof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've also been thinking if I could actually modify my saves since I only have a pokémon ultra Sun cartridge. So you guys think I should get that R4iSDHC flashcart? Also, what can I actually do with a cfw other than get roms and .cia files?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've also been thinking if I could actually modify my saves since I only have a pokémon ultra Sun cartridge. So you guys think I should get that R4iSDHC flashcart? Also, what can I actually do with a cfw other than get roms and .cia files?
It's mainly things you can do without a cfw, only much more stable, faster, and with no worry of exploits being patched. For example, you have emulators of nearly every console before the ps1. You can also run romhacks such as randomizing pokemon games or pokemon umbra moon. If you have a n3ds, you can stream your 3ds to your pc for screen capture, or just to have a big screen. Along with this you can use any external controller for your 3ds which makes the streaming experience that much better. There's also an ntr bot that hatches eggs and soft resets.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, one last question probably, does it make my USUM cartridge "useless" if I get that flashcart?
Well that depends. Does downloading USUM from the eshop make your cartridge "useless" to you if you can transfer the save? This isn't rhetorical. This is entirely your opinion, since that's essentially the only thing you could do that would render a cartridge obsolete.

roytam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Working

Ninjhax: Works

Doodlebomb: Works (Only if previously downloaded)

Freakyhax: Works

Basehax: Works

RPGhax: Works

OOThax: Works

Smashhax: ?

Vhax: ?

SuperMysteryChunkhax: ?

Humblehax: ?

Steelhax: Works

Stickerhax: Works

Luma3DS: Works

Corbenik: Works

CakesFW: Works

ReiNAND: Works

A9LH: Works

Boot9Strap: Works

NTR: Works

HBL Loader CIA: Works
is basehaxx still working with unexploited 11.6?

roytam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
BTW does basehaxx requiring otherapp payload?
As I can't find payload for my 3DS CHT (firmware version ends with T)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo