Homebrew Update 11.6 and Homebrew

Sychaeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own Cubic Ninja, two old 3dsxl, an sd card reader, and 2 micro sd. on 11. 6 that means im still out of luck? or can cubic ninja still get me homebrew access enough to run homebrew launcher and PKSM (i realize PKhex) is better and CFW gives me more options like randomizing usum stuff etc... but im just looking to play homebrew stuff and maybe light pksm stuff.

or should i just sell cubic ninja and buy a flashcart

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I own Cubic Ninja, two old 3dsxl, an sd card reader, and 2 micro sd. on 11. 6 that means im still out of luck? or can cubic ninja still get me homebrew access enough to run homebrew launcher and PKSM (i realize PKhex) is better and CFW gives me more options like randomizing usum stuff etc... but im just looking to play homebrew stuff and maybe light pksm stuff.

You can use Cubic Ninja to get plain homebrew, you should be able to run pksm with that (but not sure). Should definitely sell it and get a flashcart if you are interested in CFW, you can do so much more.

Sychaeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Cubic Ninja to get plain homebrew, you should be able to run pksm with that (but not sure). Should definitely sell it and get a flashcart if you are interested in CFW, you can do so much more.

that site wants $20 for their flashcart +6-$35 depending on memory for the sdcard for it, plus almost $30 shipping. its cray.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that site wants $20 for their flashcart +6-$35 depending on memory for the sdcard for it, plus almost $30 shipping. its cray.
Are you using gbatemp's official sponsor, nds-card.com? Also, you can use any microsd lying around the house, including the one in the 3ds if you use a n3ds model. I spent $20 on my r4 sdhc dual core, No more.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Sychaeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i assumed the sdcard was required for the purchase. without it its 20$ but the only shipping method that lists north america is $25. and the carts under $20 i'm finding either have the timebomb or are outdated.

and then theres a $90 sky3ds card which it says specifically to use and is the most updated. this flashcart thing is confusing.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i assumed the sdcard was required for the purchase. without it its 20$ but the only shipping method that lists north america is $25. and the carts under $20 i'm finding either have the timebomb or are outdated.

and then theres a $90 sky3ds card which it says specifically to use and is the most updated. this flashcart thing is confusing.
Sky3ds is not worth it. It cannot ntrboot and is lacking crucial features. Also, here is a list of all working cards. Any one should do:
ntrboot_checklist_2.png
. Lastly, choose the Hong Kong air mail option. It's the only one for free shipping.

Last edited by Giodude,
Reactions: Quantumcat

The_Randomizer54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I have OoT3D and Powersaves, can I access homebrew from an unexploited system? I was lucky enough to have both of these from 2014.
If so, could you link me to a guide by any chance?
You need access to home-brew to install basehax and have a specific version of oras on your 3ds.

Last edited by The_Randomizer54,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have OoT3D and Powersaves, can I access homebrew from an unexploited system? I was lucky enough to have both of these from 2014.
If so, could you link me to a guide by any chance?
Yes actually. The payloads are a bit buggy so you can't do much with it, but this guide should be enough for you https://gbatemp.net/threads/oot3dhax-powersave-edition.401799/. If this doesn't work, I've seen that there's a few videos on it. Normally video guides are shunned on gbatemp, but for something like this it should be fine.

GadgetEmpress

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My daughter and I want to run a home brew app to edit New Leaf towns.

I’ve read thru this thread and the 3ds.guide and I’m trying to figure out if trying this is too much for us.
I’m willing to pay the $20 for the R4i Gold Plus card, I’ve have tech skills, but not with my DS. I’m still trying to figure out all the acronyms!

Will we both need a card (we have 2 devices)?
If I carefully follow the instructions on 3ds.guide do we have a good chance of succeeding?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I’ve read thru this thread and the 3ds.guide and I’m trying to figure out if trying this is too much for us.
I’m willing to pay the $20 for the R4i Gold Plus card, I’ve have tech skills, but not with my DS. I’m still trying to figure out all the acronyms!

If I carefully follow the instructions on 3ds.guide do we have a good chance of succeeding?

You should only need one card for both systems. Yes if you follow 3ds.guide to the letter, you should have a 100% chance of succeeding.

D

Deleted User

You only need one card. Get the R4i 3DS RTS Plus. It is the same thing as the R4i Gold Plus card, but it comes pre-flashed with ntrboot (read up on it) and is objectively the best card at the moment. As long as you follow the guide you will be fine. As for editing New Leaf towns, here is a save editor: http://www.marcrobledo.com/acnl-editor/ or https://github.com/kwsch/NLSE. I would use Checkpoint to extract the save file necessary, but you will already install it as part of the process. Good luck and welcome to the 3dshacking community!

roytam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
You should only need one card for both systems. Yes if you follow 3ds.guide to the letter, you should have a 100% chance of succeeding.
it depends. if you need both devices playing DS games in the same time(for example, trading pokemons), then 2 carts are needed.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it depends. if you need both devices playing DS games in the same time(for example, trading pokemons), then 2 carts are needed.
But that's not what they're using the R4i cartridge for. They're using it to hack the systems so they can hack their ACNL towns. You are right, but that's not the case here. In this case, one card is needed for both systems.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

You can also now use Cubic Ninja to get CFW assuming you have a decent GPU or lots of patience (as in a couple of days worth if you are just using your CPU or integrated graphics) and are willing to purchase a DSIware game thanks to the just released single system dsiware injection exploit (seedminer).

GadgetEmpress

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You only need one card. Get the R4i 3DS RTS Plus. It is the same thing as the R4i Gold Plus card, but it comes pre-flashed with ntrboot (read up on it) and is objectively the best card at the moment. As long as you follow the guide you will be fine. As for editing New Leaf towns, here is a save editor:I would use Checkpoint to extract the save file necessary, but you will already install it as part of the process. Good luck and welcome to the 3dshacking community!

Thanks!

Just to make sure - do you mean the $19.99 card that has no expiration (time bomb) and says ‘comes preflashed with ntrboot? I don’t see a card listed with ‘plus’ without the word Gold. The names of these things are so similar it’s hard to know which one to get.

And a couple of clarifications:
- I’m assuming I need to run the process on each DS - will I need to ‘reset’ the card in any way before updating the 2nd DS?
- After running the process, do we have to have the card in the DS to run the save editor (ie the marcrobledo editor)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: byes