Homebrew Update 10.5!!!

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still on 9.2 emuNand as I just finished putting on cfw. I went to the Eshop while in emunand and got an error. Was that bad? I thought Eshop was safe to go on if I was in emunand.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still on 9.2 emuNand as I just finished putting on cfw. I went to the Eshop while in emunand and got an error. Was that bad? I thought Eshop was safe to go on if I was in emunand.
You either need to spoof your FW version or be on latest, even in EmuNAND. It is usually safe to update in EmuNAND though. Use EmuNandTool or EmuNAND9 and make a EmuNAND Backup, then update to 10.5.

Reactions: Shadx

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You either need to spoof your FW version or be on latest, even in EmuNAND. It is usually safe to update in EmuNAND though. Use EmuNandTool or EmuNAND9 and make a EmuNAND Backup, then update to 10.5.
If I got an error does that mean I'm going to be banned because I was on 9.2?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Why not? Obviously I don't want to be banned, but what makes you so sure? I was using reiNand on 9.2.
There have never been any reports of CFW banning. Only with flash carts like Sky3DS where people use same headers making two headers online simultaneously has gotten them banned. When using CFW and CIA games, it goes by the Hardware ID, which obviously can only be online on one place at the time. They can't see you're on CFW when you access the eShop either so that's perfectly fine.

laserwolf452

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not? Obviously I don't want to be banned, but what makes you so sure? I was using reiNand on 9.2.
i tried to access the eshop on 9.2 and then i updated and did alot to get to to ware im at to keep my files and progress and i can still access the Eshop :). no ban

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you update your emunand. I updated mine on Rxtools and when I try to boot into emunand I get a black screen
Hey there, I got a black screen after updating to 10.5 on rxTools, to fix it, I deleted the home menu information, it's a folder that ends in 8f in the Nintendo 3DS folder, to be safe, do this: rename the emunand folder inside the Nintendo 3DS folder (the one with a long string of gibberish, I just added a dash in the front), then put your SD card back into the 3DS and boot up the emunand. It should work, and create home menu information. You'll notice it creates a new folder exactly the same name as the one you renamed, so look what was saved into it, delete that folder in your renamed emunand Nintendo 3DS folder, and then delete the new gibberish folder and rename the old folder back to its original name.

it will gift wrap your games all over again, and mess up the arrangement, but I didn't backup my emunand and doing the above was a lot better than redoing the whole thing again ~__~

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There have never been any reports of CFW banning. Only with flash carts like Sky3DS where people use same headers making two headers online simultaneously has gotten them banned. When using CFW and CIA games, it goes by the Hardware ID, which obviously can only be online on one place at the time. They can't see you're on CFW when you access the eShop either so that's perfectly fine.
I went to Eshop through home brew launcher on 9.2. Earlier you mentioned using a spoofer for firmware version. I'm confused can they or can't they detect an emuNAND version? Don't I have to be on the latest firmware to enter the eShop?

Last edited by Shadx,

laserwolf452

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to Eshop through home brew launcher on 9.2. Earlier you mentioned using a spoofer for firmware version. I'm confused can they or can't they detect and emuNAND version? Don't I have to be on the latest firmware to enter the eShop?
answer i see is no they dont see your emunand 2 you can access the eshop on 10.3 as far as i know so u can be on 10.3 or 10.4 and still have access to the Eshop

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I went to Eshop through home brew launcher on 9.2. Earlier you mentioned using a spoofer for firmware version. I'm confused can they or can't they detect an emuNAND version? Don't I have to be on the latest firmware to enter the eShop?
No they don't see that you're on EmuNAND. It's safe. There are methods to spoof your FW version, but I'd recommend just updating EmuNAND ONCE YOU HAVE BACKED IT UP as I mentioned above.

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No they don't see that you're on EmuNAND. It's safe. There are methods to spoof your FW version, but I'd recommend just updating EmuNAND ONCE YOU HAVE BACKED IT UP as I mentioned above.
answer i see is no they dont see your emunand 2 you can access the eshop on 10.3 as far as i know so u can be on 10.3 or 10.4 and still have access to the Eshop
Thank you both.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You can only enter the eshop being on last firmware on emunand, or spoofing the lastest firmware via hans/cia's installation.

laserwolf452

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only enter the eshop being on last firmware on emunand, or spoofing the lastest firmware via hans/cia's installation.
ok. i had no issues but idk about 10.5. i havent access the eshop cause of those cia files i have. i read that they disappear when u access the eshop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23HgOvEYrDc