Homebrew Update 10.5!!!

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Only found out after updating emuNAND because I couldn't access Miiverse without updating. I took some risk I suppose?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
tl;dr 4chan rumour that visiting eshop detects whether you're on an emunand or not which nintendo will use to ban people

sounds fishy to me
Better safe than sorry... That new CIA seems fishy..

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
About the TLS certificate, don't worry about it, it's just... well... a TLS certificate, that makes possible for the device to safely connect via HTTPS to the Nintendo servers. The certificates have an expiration date so they need to be updated periodically.

Last edited by Astoria,

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
From 4chan:
"a new root cert wouldn't "mark" anything on anyone's servers or devices. and if you installed the update to emunand, the cert still be loaded by the web browser for tls just the same as it would if you installed it to sysnand.
most likely they're planning to invalidate the old cert or something so that whatever is signed by the old cert won't be recognized as valid anymore.
i still don't think it's a bad idea to hold off on updating, but i'm pretty sure this would not be the reason why."

I'm pretty sure the BS about Nintendo banning is misinformation. Most people here are noobs, so they will anxious when they see something like that. People like spreading misinformation to watch the world burn. :P

Laterite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Go to http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Extdata and find the ExtdataID for your home menu theme for your system region. If your system is US, it's 000002cd.
Navigate to \Nintendo 3DS\...\...\extdata\00000000\000002cd and delete the contents of the folder. Back up the files before you delete them just in case.

Last edited by Laterite,

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
Some dude quoted the retard's post that started spreading the misinformation saying "You retard! The TLS certificate update is exactly the same as this Debian update: https://packages.qa.debian.org/c/ca-certificates/news/20160105T224709Z.html"

I guess I'm done trying to calm some people up. :P I have opened the eshop(on emuNAND) as well as went online on a game(just to be sure). If I get banned it might be because of the TLS bs(I doubt it that's why I did it)

Last edited by fr3quency,
Reactions: Kioku and daxtsu

laserwolf452

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to confirm that rx-e can be updated to 10.5.0- 30u
0126160127_HDR.jpg

Last edited by laserwolf452,

laserwolf452

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Found this on 4chan so I'll might as well post it there.

(Not saying that this is real, but gotta be sure that it isn't)

@Steveice10 @Reisyukaku Can you guys validate this?
Wouldn't going on the eShop via HANS on sysnand generate the ticket? If so, can't we just make a fresh emunand after using eShop once?

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
How did you update your emunand. I updated mine on Rxtools and when I try to boot into emunand I get a black screen
I have also updated to 10.5. :P Don't know why you get black screen. I keep my SDcard clean(see how clean it is? :P and I have removed all the BS from the 3DS file(random). I am also using latest rxTools nightly. You might want to give it a try.

Last edited by fr3quency,

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
idk i just saw some people succeed and i backed up my emunand and update. i use ninahax for my homebrew

here is my post when i downgraded my 10.3 maybe the answer you are looking for is there. im new to this so i hope i helped you

https://gbatemp.net/threads/downgrade-10-3-0-28u.411533/#post-6005527
Thanks for attempting to help but that's not quite I was looking for :)

I have also updated to 10.5. :P Don't know why you get black screen. I keep my SDcard clean(see how click it is? :P and I have removed all the BS from the 3DS file(random). I am also using latest rxTools nightly. You might want to give it a try.
OK thanks I'll give it a try later. I would need to backup 50GB and I'm too tired right now :P

laserwolf452

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for attempting to help but that's not quite I was looking for :)

OK thanks I'll give it a try later. I would need to backup 50GB and I'm too tired right now :P

you are welcome. sorry that didnt answet you question. the other guy might be right for the rx update. i have seen a few posts talking about that.

glad i try to help. im still learning on this :)

Reactions: Red9419

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1