Hacking Unwrap apps in every emunand booting

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Specifically:

1. Backup sysnand
2. Reformat sysnand (you probably should take our SD card during this process.

Anyone else can free feel to chime in
I can't help being curious, why does everyone recommend formatting the sysnand and not the emunand? I've formatted my emunand because it seemed a better option to me.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can't help being curious, why does everyone recommend formatting the sysnand and not the emunand? I've formatted my emunand because it seemed a better option to me.
Formatting emuNAND is just more of a pain in the ass because you can't remove the SD card so you have to back up everything first.
what to do to fix this ?
There's another way than unlinking NANDs (which comes with its own drawbacks), if you install your CIAs on both emuNAND and sysNAND they won't be wrapped every time and it won't take more space on the SD card since it installs in the same location. This way has no drawbacks except the hassle of having to install it twice and having to reboot to launch the CFW on sysNAND. However, on the second install it will instantly give an error due to the files already existing on the SD card so at least you don't have to wait for it to install. If you don't have a lot of CIAs installed I think this way is better.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Long story short:
To maintain your purchases (and other .cia installs), and also friends and Mii plaza progress, on emunand,
Since it's the one that will be used frequently.

Sysnand is only there for entry point.

Last edited by Queno138,
Reactions: lemanuel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: :shit: