Gaming Until now .. NDS RPG title vs GBA title .. Who win?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nuker said:
DeMoN said:
Heh, my vote will depend solely on Golden Sun DS.
nyanya.gif

Right now I'd say GBA because of Golden Sun, Pokemon, and Final Fantasy. Plus, the GBA Fire Emblems completely outshine the bullcrap DS one.

i don't know why Nintendo haven't brought more Fire Emblem games especially for my wii^^. but something that totally confuses me is the fact that there isn't a 2D Metroid for the NDS. Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion were/are the best GBA games, imo. but back to topic.

I didn't think you'd expect much in the way of tons of Fire Emblem games. I mean, it's popular, but they've never made tons of titles. They had two GBA titles (and that was kinda to push the series). There's been one DS title and one Wii title, so they're rather close.

On topic, I really don't know. Looking at Sterl's list, a lot of those games are little more than remakes or ports. I don't think we can make a fair comparison until Infinite Space and Golden Sun DS come out.

Seriously though, the GBA had a much better version of FFIV. I'm not Final Fantasy fan, but I couldn't stand playing the DS version of FFIV. It was boring, overly drawn out, and just dumb. I then downloaded the GBA version and it was leagues better.

As of now, my opinion is none. Wait till the end of this year and then we'll talk.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find that the GBA was quite a bit more RPG intensive. Its true that a few GBA titles are ports/remakes. But the majority in the list I posted were either original IPs' (Riviera, Pokemon (R/S/E), Golden Sun 1&2, Yggdra Union, Mario and Luigi 1, Medabots, etc.) or successors to games on a different system [perhaps].

Ishidori

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a hard one. But my vote goes for the DS, ok there's a lot of crap but also have some greats games: Knight in the Nightmare, TWEWY, VP: Covenant of the Plume, DQV, FFIV -i don't think is a bad version, in fact i guess is the absolute version-, SRT-OG: Endless Frontier... Etc. Without the patched games like Soma Bringer.

But still loving Golden Sun and Yggdra Union.
gbasp.gif

nuker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guild McCommunist said:
nuker said:
DeMoN said:
Heh, my vote will depend solely on Golden Sun DS.
nyanya.gif

Right now I'd say GBA because of Golden Sun, Pokemon, and Final Fantasy. Plus, the GBA Fire Emblems completely outshine the bullcrap DS one.

i don't know why Nintendo haven't brought more Fire Emblem games especially for my wii^^. but something that totally confuses me is the fact that there isn't a 2D Metroid for the NDS. Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion were/are the best GBA games, imo. but back to topic.

I didn't think you'd expect much in the way of tons of Fire Emblem games. I mean, it's popular, but they've never made tons of titles. They had two GBA titles (and that was kinda to push the series). There's been one DS title and one Wii title, so they're rather close.

On topic, I really don't know. Looking at Sterl's list, a lot of those games are little more than remakes or ports. I don't think we can make a fair comparison until Infinite Space and Golden Sun DS come out.

Seriously though, the GBA had a much better version of FFIV. I'm not Final Fantasy fan, but I couldn't stand playing the DS version of FFIV. It was boring, overly drawn out, and just dumb. I then downloaded the GBA version and it was leagues better.

As of now, my opinion is none. Wait till the end of this year and then we'll talk.

the GBA had three Fire Emblem Games ;-)
btw., the Nes had three and the Snes had three too (Nes - 3, Snes - 3, GBA - 3, GC - 1, Wii - 1, DS - 1). I expect one more Fire Emblem in this Gen (Wii or DS) because the last game from Intelligent Systems ist years old.

personally I think, that FF4R for DS is almost the best version. to bad that it is to easy on the second and third playthru.

QUOTEGBA RPG List:

Boktai 1+2
Breath of Fire 1+2
Castlevania (all three) (RPG??)
Final Fantasy 4-6
Final Fantasy Tactics A1
Fire Emblem 1-3
Golden Sun 1+2
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memory (RPG??)
Mario & Luigi 1
Mother 3
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Red/Green
Riviera
Dragon Quest Monsters
Harvest Moon
Lufia 4
Lunar Legend
Sword of Mana
Yggdra Union
Dragon Ball (how many??)
Zone of the Enders
Tales of Phantasia
Tales of the World

i hope that these are all (the good) GBA RPGs. i always thought that the GBA had many RPGs. i loved my GBA back in the day. but to be honest, i'm a little shocked. when I look back (on my list), I realize that there weren't that much good RPGs. but who cares. the GBA had other Genre that were great (Castlevania und Metroid for example).

I'll post my DS RPG list again:

DS RPGs:

Avalon Code
Blue Dragon Plus
Castlevania: DoS (RPG?)
Castlevania: PoR (RPG?)
Castlevania: OoE (RPG?)
Chrono Trigger DS
Contact
Disgaea DS
Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Sayans
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
Etrian Odissey 1+2
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: RoF
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: EoT
Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Front Mission
Harvest Moon (how many are there??)
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Knights in the Nightmare
Lost Magic
Luminous Arc 1+2
Lunar Knights
Mario & Luigi 2
Mario & Luigi 3
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
Nostalgia
Phantasy Star 0
Pokemon Pearl/Diamond/Platinum
Rune Factory 1+2
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
Shiren the Wanderer
Soma Bringer
Suikoden Tierkreis
Super Robot Wars OG Saga
The Dark Spire
The World ends with You
Valkyrie Profile DS

Coming soon:

Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow
Dragon Quest 6
Dragon Quest 9
Etrian Odysey 3
Fantasy Life
Final Fantasy Gaiden
Ghost Trick (RPG??)
Golden Sun DS
Inazuma Eleven 1+2
Infinite Line
Lufia DS
Ninokuni
Pokemon Gold/Silver Remake
Ragnarok DS
Rune Factory 3
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
Shiren the Wanderer 4
Tales of Innocence (Fans Translation^^)
Wizardry: Wedge of Life
Yggdra Unison

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
i give it to gba exclusives like mother 3 and golden sun own
and breath of fire and final fantasy ports kill it compared to the ports on ds.

gba for now ... if final fantasy 5 gets put on ds it will be ds

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Me, Golden Sun absolutely rocks along with Boktai being also awesome but in a different way, and Riviera tagging behind their heels because I didn't like the ending.

The DS also has some really great titles like TWEWY, Glory of Heracles or Blue Dragon plus, and by far greater amount of RPGs. However, for me it's hard to tell which is better - I remember the great titles, and don't care about the consoles really, and so far Golden Sun shines eternally for me.

tomrev

OP
Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
isabelyes said:
Is Wizardry: Wedge of Life getting a localization or something?
No hope for official translation! There are many of Japan Wizardries which most of them are great games and have superb grahpic arts. However, in my memory, Only PS2 Wizardry is english.

If you like wizardry, you may try Etrian Odyssey which game play like wizardry too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello