axehat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I was following this guide to get CFW setup
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

Everything was going well until...

• "What you want to do now is unlink NANDs and that's easy. Basically, the 3DS now needs to be reset to factory default. To prevent any problems with your NNID not working anymore in EmuNAND (if you have one), we can use the homebrew tool TinyFormat to unlink. Using TinyFormat, the problem of NNID not being linked anymore will not appear. So go into Homebrew Launcher again, start Pasta, go into Homebrew Launcher again, start TinyFormat, press Y and format your SysNAND.
    • if this doesn't work for you or you don't have / care about NNID, you can also unlink by formatting the device with System Settings. Go to System Settings, Other Settings, scroll to the last page and choose Format System Memory. Now remove your microSD and continue. When formatting is done, reboot the device and put your microSD back in. Do not forget removing your microSD, or it will delete everything on it.
  • After unlinking, start your N3DS again and go through initial setup.
  • Now your NANDs are unlinked and inside the \Nintendo 3DS folder on your microSD should now be two folders with letters and numbers. This is the proof that your NANDs are unlinked.
  • Find the folder that does not have the \dbs folder inside (this is the folder for your SysNAND as you just formatted it), and repeat the steps with import.db and title.db as described above.
    • The other folder should already have the \dbs folder, because you restored your backup to the microSD already.
Now that EmuNAND is set up correctly, software installation can begin."

After formatting my system memory (taking out the sd card when the red button comes up and all, I am greeted with 3 folders
1.PNG2.PNG

From here, I am not sure what to do. Where do I put the DBS folder and which one do I use? Only one of the folders has the DBS folder, so what do I do with the other two. The guide linked above only has two folders, so I am really confused.

Also, inside of each of the 3 folders, there is another folder. In the guide, each of those subfolders has a different name, but in mine, they all have the same name.

I've tried searching all over Reddit and here for an answer, but I really can't figure it out

I would really appreciate if you guys could help me!

Last edited by axehat,

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Which exdata folder? There are 2 folders that don't have a dbs folder. My problem is that I don't know which folder to put it in.
have you installed some titles on sysnand? if so check title folder then you can easily figure out which one is sysnand one.

axehat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone there?

have 2 folders that around the same size (~5 mb) and 1 larger folder (~9mb). One of the 5mb folders has the original dbs folder.

Sorry if I sound desperate. I'm really frustrated by this.

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To determine which id1 folders are associated with sysNAND and emuNAND, one method would be to cut all three id1 folders from the SD card and paste them to your PC. You would then boot into both sysNAND and emuNAND. When booting, your console will create SD card data/content. Once the console has created the SD card data/content for both NANDs, you will compare the id1 folders on the SD card with those pasted to your PC. Two of the three id1 folders should match the two id1 folders on your SD card. If you wish to differentiate the id1 folders for each NAND, take note of which NAND you booted first and the time stamps associated with the id1 folders on your SD card. You may now replace the id1 folders on your SD card with the matching folders on your PC.
Simply delete all three id1 folders and boot the console. Your console will create SD card data/content upon startup. Take note of which NAND was booted first and the time stamp associated with the id1 folders to associate the id1 folders with their respective NAND.

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is anyone there?

have 2 folders that around the same size (~5 mb) and 1 larger folder (~9mb). One of the 5mb folders has the original dbs folder.

Sorry if I sound desperate. I'm really frustrated by this.

It's ok I was like that. -cough- I had a thread of questions :P -cough- if you don't find what you want. Google or scrolling around the Forums helps, but Ofcourse if you can't everything you need I would post in the questions area

axehat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To determine which id1 folders are associated with sysNAND and emuNAND, one method would be to cut all three id1 folders from the SD card and paste them to your PC. You would then boot into both sysNAND and emuNAND. When booting, your console will create SD card data/content. Once the console has created the SD card data/content for both NANDs, you will compare the id1 folders on the SD card with those pasted to your PC. Two of the three id1 folders should match the two id1 folders on your SD card. If you wish to differentiate the id1 folders for each NAND, take note of which NAND you booted first and the time stamps associated with the id1 folders on your SD card. You may now replace the id1 folders on your SD card with the matching folders on your PC.
Simply delete all three id1 folders and boot the console. Your console will create SD card data/content upon startup. Take note of which NAND was booted first and the time stamp associated with the id1 folders to associate the id1 folders with their respective NAND.

hmm, so I booted into sysnand and emunand both (after moving the folders in my Nintendo 3ds folder onto my computer), but now I only have 1 folder. It matches one of my 3 original folders, but it is much smaller than it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's ok I was like that. -cough- I had a thread of questions :P -cough- if you don't find what you want. Google or scrolling around the Forums helps, but Ofcourse if you can't everything you need I would post in the questions area

Haha yeah. Do you mind linking that thread? I'm not very used to how this forum works haha cause I'm pretty new here

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hmm, so I booted into sysnand and emunand both (after moving the folders in my Nintendo 3ds folder onto my computer), but now I only have 1 folder. It matches one of my 3 original folders, but it is much smaller than it
Of course is much more small, it doesn't show any game you shoud have installed, so is perfectly good.
Let me guess which one was, the one that starts with c?

axehat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course is much more small, it doesn't show any game you shoud have installed, so is perfectly good.
Let me guess which one was, the one that starts with c?

Actually, it was the d folder4.PNG

But I only have 1 folder, shouldn't I have 2?

Last edited by axehat,

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Haha yeah. Do you mind linking that thread? I'm not very used to how this forum works haha cause I'm pretty

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I only have 1 folder inside of it

View attachment 37856

Also, what did you mean by id1, id2, etc?
It seems you've not successfully unlinked your NANDs. Although this is assuming you successfully formatted an emuNAND partition to your SD card and you booted into emuNAND.

id1 and id2 are shorthand for the 32 digit alphanumeric folders: SD\Nintendo 3DS\<id1>\<id2>

axehat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems you've not successfully unlinked your NANDs. Although this is assuming you successfully formatted an emuNAND partition to your SD card and you booted into emuNAND.

id1 and id2 are shorthand for the 32 digit alphanumeric folders: SD\Nintendo 3DS\<id1>\<id2>

When I try 3d after activating pasta in the HBL, it seemed really off, so I beleive that I setup EmuNAND properly.

In order to unlink, I would go on sysNAND and use Tinyformat? At that point, I should have 2 folders right?

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's your issue. Pasta only boots to sysNAND. You've not been booting into emuNAND. You will need ReiNand, CakesFW, or RxTools to boot emuNAND. I'm assuming you're on N3DS since you mentioned the screwy 3DS when booting Pasta. I would recommend ReiNand or CakesFW since they support 9.6+ emuNAND on N3DS while RxTools currently does not.

axehat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's your issue. Pasta only boots to sysNAND. You've not been booting into emuNAND. You will need ReiNand, CakesFW, or RxTools to boot emuNAND. I'm assuming you're on N3DS since you mentioned the screwy 3DS when booting Pasta. I would recommend ReiNand or CakesFW since they support 9.6+ emuNAND on N3DS while RxTools currently does not.

Ahhh thank you so much, but now I'm at the part where I first boot reinand, but it just gets stuck (freezes) at the reinand splash screen (with the girl on it). :wacko:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1