Hacking Unlinked NANDs, SysNAND-WiFi appeared on EmuNAND?

Liberty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I unlinked SysNAND/EmuNAND some time ago and have two separate folders on my SD, different themes and everything. So far so good. I can access data management without problems etc.

My SysNAND has a WiFi-profile which only connects to my Nexus 7 WiFi-tablet with static launcher installed. So it can access the browser-exploit, but can't access the internet. My EmuNAND is connected to my regular WiFi-network.

Last week I stayed at my family's place and forgot my tablet. So I added my family's WiFi to SysNAND, so I could launch the exploit.

No here comes the strange thing: It appeared in EmuNAND afterwards.

How is this even possible? The NANDs are definitly not connected to each other. You can even check this by simply looking at the file-access times in Windows explorer.

Cartman401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, but I noticed the same thing, but the other way around.

I setup my device with 9.5 emunand, and a 4.5 Sysnand. I double checked internet settings were deleted. Then a few days later, I got a prompt on sysnand to update and my wifi settings were back in place even though I hadn't set that up. Another format got rid of that.

It's very curious, to say the least.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happens on mine too interchangeably. I'm not too worried about it, I just check/delete settings whenever I make a change. Considering the NAND's - Even though they are not "linked" - still run on the same system/hardware which is what I attribute it to.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Wifi profiles still carry over. So if you have 2 slots on sysnand, you'll get 2 slots on emunand (it works the other way around. Creating a wifi profile in emunand will create it in sysnand. The same goes for deleting them. There is no way to avoid this currently).

Though I have been able to use different IP settings on sysnand then on emunand. (so that sysnand can be put on my OpenDNS DNS servers so that Nintendo updates get blocked). That appears to work. The number of wifi profiles you have can't differ from sysnand/emunand. But I think you can use different settings for each.

Reactions: Maximilious

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
'Unlinking' is pretty useless and only changes the encryption of the files in the SD card. It doesn't affect the settings, which aren't saved to the SD card or emunand.
You have to add dummy data to your sysnand's wireless settings (just add the SSIDs and save).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0