OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys
can any one tell me a text viewer app/homebrew that works on the ak2i w/ akaio 1.7 that can read a txt file of up to 90k lines or more or better yet unlimited
i want to be able to have a heartgold walkthrough on the move
i have the walkthrough from this link but i have deleted the title and the updates to lower the number of lines
the count starts from table of contents

Stormwave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The problem with unlimited is that it would have to stream the text file from your memory card. Whilst that would be fine for general viewing of the file, it would make searching larger files very slow, that is why TextDS stores the entire file in RAM. Of course, this is only in theory, I have never tested the real overheads of this method. I might test it out for TextDS3 and have an option to use streaming files with unlimited size and potentially slow searching, or fully cached files with limited size and very fast searching. Don't expect this update to come within the next couple of weeks though (busy with other things at the min).

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
wow pi
how did u get that number

btw thanks soo much
that helped alot

does anyone know how to add moonshell to the first screen where it says microsd, and slot 2
can u add another thing to it?

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
kiafazool said:
wow pi
how did u get that number
I wrote a program to generate a massive text file with 1,000,000 lines

the file was like this
CODE1
and put it in to moonshell and I could read up to 131072.

Stormwave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm, that doesn't necessarily mean moonshell2 can open all text files and view 131072 lines. I'm not sure how the moonshell2 text viewer allocates memory, but if it has variable line lengths (line length up to a return character), then that number would decrease significantly when trying a text file with longer lines. Perhaps you could try making each line something like:

Code:
1abcdefg
2abcdefg
3abcdefg
4abcdefg
5abcdefg

and see if it still views that many lines? I'm interested to know
smile.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Moonshell can read huge text files, but you can't edit the big ones. So, if the only thing you intend to do is read the guide, you can just put that on your µSD and open it with Moonshell's Text Viewer (or whatever it's called).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: