1. MundoU

OP MundoU Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Hello everyone, a few days ago I was playing with the system config tool, I knew that this could cause errors in the console but I never thought that I would have a brick, actually I already thought it was dead but I would like to know if there is any way retrieve it.
    When turning it on, a few seconds pass in the "Wii U" logo and before starting the system menu it shows the error "114-9039"

BTW I don't have NAND or OTP backup

The truth I had never seen that error and I can not find information.

If the console can no longer be recovered, nothing happens, I still wanted to report this curious error.

An apology for english, use the google translator

Thank you all[​IMG]

Last edited by MundoU, Jul 9, 2020
  2. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Had a good search out of interest but also could not find anything on this code.
    BTW it’s 9039 not 9093.
    What exactly were you doing in sys config tool just before this occurred?

Does error still come if you remove all connected hard drives, peripherals and sd cards, then power down and remove plug for 1 minute then restart?

Last edited by snoofly, Jul 9, 2020
    alexander1970 and MundoU like this.
  3. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    Most places that have sysconfigtool for download normally have a warning that its possible to brick your system using it. I'm surprised wherever you got it from never had this warning.

Anyway it would be most helpful if we knew what you actually changed using it.

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    probably shouldn't do anything but install games or backup saves with system config tool. that's all I ever did with it anyway. the saves contain more info than saviine or savemii mod, but are interchangeable.

Untitled-1.jpg

5. MundoU

OP MundoU Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Thanks for noticing the title error, the error continues even if I disconnect the SD card or hard drive, what changed in the system config tool was something about the boot, the truth is I don't remember very well but I was touching the console boot options, First everything was fine, I made the console start in "initial configuration" mode every time I turned it on, then I tried to put everything as it was before but it seems that it did not work and the console died

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

what changed in the system config tool was something about the boot, I really don't remember very well but I was touching the boot options of the console, first everything went well, I made the console start in "initial configuration" mode every time I turned it on, then try to put everything as it was before but it seems that it did not work and the console died

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I think you might be sol if the console doesn't boot and you have no nand backup. the otp probably wouldn't help much considering we don't know what's changed. the otp is only needed for decryption, so if you have a nand backup from before this happened, you wouldn't need the otp.bin.

alexander1970 likes this.
  7. E1ite007

E1ite007 Weird avatar guy

Mexico
    So... @MundoU isn't pretty good at speaking english (neither do I actually) so I'm gonna update everyone with all the info I know about his problem.
    1. He tried a downgrade via SysConfigTool by modifying some update data and installing it. I dunno the process exactly so I don't know how this work.
    2. His console was unstable, it wouldn't launch any title so and he noticed that Haxchi wasn't recognizing his NNID so he logged in again (for some reason his NNID wasn't logged in on the Wii U).
    3. He tried to repair it by modifying the Launch State in SysConfigTool (again), it was on Initial Launch (Stage 0) and on accident he changed it to Reserved (Stage 3), and then this screen.

Last edited by E1ite007, Jul 10, 2020
  8. GABO1423

GABO1423 Vergación...

Venezuela
    May I ask, why did you want to downgrade the system?

9. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I'm not really sure, but something may be incorrect in the version.bin as opposed to the meta.

10. E1ite007

Mexico
    The thing is, OP cannot get past the error screen and he doesn't have any access to a NAND backup.
    Is it possible to repair this without a NAND backup?

Dunno, ask OP. I'm his friend and neither do I understand why he wanted to downgrade his console.

11. GABO1423

GABO1423 Vergación...

Venezuela
    I don't think that this can be fixed without a backup. So his Wii U is most likely screwed and he might as well get a new one. But I'm not exactly sure if that's the case since I don't know the specifics of the issue at hand.
    And
    The question was directed at the OP, since I can't think of any reason why it would be a good idea to downgrade.

12. E1ite007

Mexico
    Yeah, I was guessin' that, but 'cause you answer my reply asking...
    :rofl2:
    I dunno OP's intentions, but I already told him that his Wii U is most likely dead at this point. But I dunno, maybe there's some ace up someones sleeve and in the future may be possible to fix this without his nonexistent NAND backup.

GABO1423 likes this.
  13. GABO1423

GABO1423 Vergación...

Venezuela
    Perdón por la confusión, I answered your post since you posted the information.
    And yeah, you might be right that in the future it might be fixable. But this seems to be the kind of extreme brick that cannot be dealt without some sort of hardmodding.

E1ite007 likes this.
  14. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    here's me installing on system config tool:

20161206_031108_HDR.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [UNKNOWN, SYSTEM, CONFIG