Hacking [UNKNOWN ERROR IN WII U AFTER USING SYSTEM CONFIG TOOL] 114-9093

MundoU

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello everyone, a few days ago I was playing with the system config tool, I knew that this could cause errors in the console but I never thought that I would have a brick, actually I already thought it was dead but I would like to know if there is any way retrieve it.
When turning it on, a few seconds pass in the "Wii U" logo and before starting the system menu it shows the error "114-9039"

BTW I don't have NAND or OTP backup

The truth I had never seen that error and I can not find information.

If the console can no longer be recovered, nothing happens, I still wanted to report this curious error.

An apology for english, use the google translator

Thank you all
IMG-20200709-145824.jpg

Last edited by MundoU,

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Had a good search out of interest but also could not find anything on this code.
BTW it’s 9039 not 9093.
What exactly were you doing in sys config tool just before this occurred?

Does error still come if you remove all connected hard drives, peripherals and sd cards, then power down and remove plug for 1 minute then restart?

Last edited by snoofly,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most places that have sysconfigtool for download normally have a warning that its possible to brick your system using it. I'm surprised wherever you got it from never had this warning.

Anyway it would be most helpful if we knew what you actually changed using it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably shouldn't do anything but install games or backup saves with system config tool. that's all I ever did with it anyway. the saves contain more info than saviine or savemii mod, but are interchangeable.

Untitled-1.jpg

MundoU

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Had a good search out of interest but also could not find anything on this code.
BTW it’s 9039 not 9093.
What exactly were you doing in sys config tool just before this occurred?

Does error still come if you remove all connected hard drives, peripherals and sd cards, then power down and remove plug for 1 minute then restart?
Thanks for noticing the title error, the error continues even if I disconnect the SD card or hard drive, what changed in the system config tool was something about the boot, the truth is I don't remember very well but I was touching the console boot options, First everything was fine, I made the console start in "initial configuration" mode every time I turned it on, then I tried to put everything as it was before but it seems that it did not work and the console died

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Most places that have sysconfigtool for download normally have a warning that its possible to brick your system using it. I'm surprised wherever you got it from never had this warning.

Anyway it would be most helpful if we knew what you actually changed using it.
what changed in the system config tool was something about the boot, I really don't remember very well but I was touching the boot options of the console, first everything went well, I made the console start in "initial configuration" mode every time I turned it on, then try to put everything as it was before but it seems that it did not work and the console died

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you might be sol if the console doesn't boot and you have no nand backup. the otp probably wouldn't help much considering we don't know what's changed. the otp is only needed for decryption, so if you have a nand backup from before this happened, you wouldn't need the otp.bin.

Reactions: Alexander1970

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So... @MundoU isn't pretty good at speaking english (neither do I actually) so I'm gonna update everyone with all the info I know about his problem.
  1. He tried a downgrade via SysConfigTool by modifying some update data and installing it. I dunno the process exactly so I don't know how this work.
  2. His console was unstable, it wouldn't launch any title so and he noticed that Haxchi wasn't recognizing his NNID so he logged in again (for some reason his NNID wasn't logged in on the Wii U).
  3. He tried to repair it by modifying the Launch State in SysConfigTool (again), it was on Initial Launch (Stage 0) and on accident he changed it to Reserved (Stage 3), and then this screen.

Last edited by E1ite007,

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So... @MundoU isn't pretty good at speaking english (neither do I actually) so I'm gonna update everyone with all the info I know about his problem.
  1. He tried a downgrade via SysConfigTool by modifying some update data and installing it. I dunno the process exactly so I don't know how this work.
  2. His console was unstable, it wouldn't launch any title so and he noticed that Haxchi wasn't recognizing his NNID so he logged in again (for some reason his NNID wasn't logged in on the Wii U).
  3. He tried to repair it by modifying the Launch State in SysConfigTool (again), it was on Initial Launch (Stage 0) and on accident he changed it to Reserved (Stage 3), and then this screen.
May I ask, why did you want to downgrade the system?

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm not really sure, but something may be incorrect in the version.bin as opposed to the meta.
The thing is, OP cannot get past the error screen and he doesn't have any access to a NAND backup.
Is it possible to repair this without a NAND backup?

May I ask, why did you want to downgrade the system?
Dunno, ask OP. I'm his friend and neither do I understand why he wanted to downgrade his console.

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I don't think that this can be fixed without a backup. So his Wii U is most likely screwed and he might as well get a new one. But I'm not exactly sure if that's the case since I don't know the specifics of the issue at hand.
And
Dunno, ask OP. I'm his friend and neither do I understand why he wanted to downgrade his console.
The question was directed at the OP, since I can't think of any reason why it would be a good idea to downgrade.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The question was directed at the OP, since I can't think of any reason why it would be a good idea to downgrade.
Yeah, I was guessin' that, but 'cause you answer my reply asking...
:rofl2:
I dunno OP's intentions, but I already told him that his Wii U is most likely dead at this point. But I dunno, maybe there's some ace up someones sleeve and in the future may be possible to fix this without his nonexistent NAND backup.

Reactions: GABO1423

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Yeah, I was guessin' that, but 'cause you answer my reply asking...
:rofl2:
I dunno OP's intentions, but I already told him that his Wii U is most likely dead at this point. But I dunno, maybe there's some ace up someones sleeve and in the future may be possible to fix this without his nonexistent NAND backup.
Perdón por la confusión, I answered your post since you posted the information.
And yeah, you might be right that in the future it might be fixable. But this seems to be the kind of extreme brick that cannot be dealt without some sort of hardmodding.

Reactions: E1ite007
D

Deleted User

Hello everyone, a few days ago I was playing with the system config tool, I knew that this could cause errors in the console but I never thought that I would have a brick, actually I already thought it was dead but I would like to know if there is any way retrieve it.
When turning it on, a few seconds pass in the "Wii U" logo and before starting the system menu it shows the error "114-9039"

BTW I don't have NAND or OTP backup

The truth I had never seen that error and I can not find information.

If the console can no longer be recovered, nothing happens, I still wanted to report this curious error.

An apology for english, use the google translator

Thank you all
IMG-20200709-145824.jpg

Hola, cómo estas hoy Estoy hablando en español para hacerlo más fácil intenta sacar la batería en el lateral de la consola Wii U, vale la pena intentarlo, Recuerda que estoy aqui para ti amiga xdd :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the further down you go in system config tool., the more dangerous it becomes. that's why saves and installs are at the top. I'm playing the wii u at this very moment, and that's how I installed everything and backed up saves. saves are the same as saviine or savemii mod except they're more thorough as the icon and whatnot is saved as well.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saves are under your serial number I believe with system config tool, so I won't show you mine, but they're compatible with everything else. there's nothing special about wii u saves really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality