Homebrew Unique issue

Nihility

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm new here, and dont have much experience with the Homebrew Launcher. Anyway, I have a huge problem and i hope there's a way around it. I'm using the Homebrew Launcher via menuhax, and as most probably know, when you use the button combo L+R+Down+B, it automatically returns you to the launcher menu, regardless of what game you're playing or what you're doing. However, this happens to interfere when I play Super Metroid, because of how i toggle the buttons. Is there any way to prevent this or change the button combo required to return to the menu? Help is much appreciated.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
There is no way to change the combination. Is there a special reason for you using homebrew launcher to play? There's some emulators in cia format, like Retroarch.

Nihility

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, like i said, i'm very new at this. I'm already using the retroarch catsfc core. I honestly dont even know how to install .cia files without homebrew launcher.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey, I'm new here, and dont have much experience with the Homebrew Launcher. Anyway, I have a huge problem and i hope there's a way around it. I'm using the Homebrew Launcher via menuhax, and as most probably know, when you use the button combo L+R+Down+B, it automatically returns you to the launcher menu, regardless of what game you're playing or what you're doing. However, this happens to interfere when I play Super Metroid, because of how i toggle the buttons. Is there any way to prevent this or change the button combo required to return to the menu? Help is much appreciated.
Your only option is to go back to *hax 2.1, it doesn't have the button combo. But HANS won't work anymore.
Alternatively, use VC injects.

Deleted member 373057

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, like i said, i'm very new at this. I'm already using the retroarch catsfc core. I honestly dont even know how to install .cia files without homebrew launcher.
Once you install FBI.cia onto your emuNAND using Homebrew you can freely install more CIA's (assuming you're using CFW) from the homescreen as FBI is an application

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Once you install FBI.cia onto your emuNAND using Homebrew you can freely install more CIA's (assuming you're using CFW) from the homescreen as FBI is an application

Yeah, I also asumed you were using CFW. If you're not, but want to, there are multiple tutorials in this forums. If not, homebrew launcher is already your best bet. Exit only after saving and from the retroarch menu.

D

Deleted-236924

Your only option is to go back to *hax 2.1, it doesn't have the button combo. But HANS won't work anymore.
Alternatively, use VC injects.
VC injects with HANS will still reboot you to homebrew launcher when you press L+R+B+Down, though.
Also there are no SNES VC :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free