Homebrew Uninstall Luma 3ds Stuck

mchugh21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I tried to remove luma 3ds by updating my firmware to the lastest 11.13 and doing a format on the console. Now i am stuck and still have luma 3ds creating files on the SD card. I can not boot into god mode but cant boot into luma 3ds and do not have a clue how I uninstall this off my 3ds at all.

I am on Luma 6.6

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I tried to remove luma 3ds by updating my firmware to the lastest 11.13 and doing a format on the console. Now i am stuck and still have luma 3ds creating files on the SD card. I can not boot into god mode but cant boot into luma 3ds and do not have a clue how I uninstall this off my 3ds at all.

I am on Luma 6.6
First, why for are you wanting to remove cfw? Aswell. A reformat of the console will not remove cfw. For your console, you will want luma 7.0.5 on the system, follow update to b9s, then follow the uninstall cfw guide.

But before any of that. You will want to follow the current https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup to get things ready to do all of that.

Reactions: Zexx
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update the custom firmware.

Also, reconsider uninstalling the custom firmware as doing so has the risk of softbricking the 3DS firmware.
If you brick after the CFW removal, you will need to rehack the 3DS with ntrboot.
Check my signature for ntrboot flashcart options in case this happens, despite the warning. Go with the R4i Gold 3DS Plus if you don't have another working (o/n)(2/3)DS(i)(XL/LL)(lite/phat) system.

mchugh21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and thank you for your reply's. I want to reflash the console to the latest Luma from 6.6. Yeah after reconsidering and being told, I could brick the 3ds I dont think its worth removing the custom firmware. I dont have a clue tho how to update the luma and I dont have any of the apps on my 3ds like FBI, CFW or homebrew. I dont even have the Luma 3ds app on my DS home screen as well

Last edited by mchugh21,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0