Unfixable fake DSTT?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by fahsky, Feb 2, 2010.

Feb 2, 2010

Unfixable fake DSTT? by fahsky at 6:58 AM (1,305 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. fahsky
    OP

Newcomer fahsky Newbie

United States
    I bought a few DSTTs off dealextreme.com a while back, before they removed them from the site, & one of them appears to be a fake, or possibly just broken.

Running DSTTFlashChecker on it gets me an error that TTMENU.SYS cannot be ran & to restart the system.

Attempting to fix it using one of the working DSTTs & another SD card with DSTTDUMP.BIN & DSTTFlashWriter gives me a message saying the device isn't supported (with or without an SD card in it).

And finally, if I just load it with the hacked TTMENU.DAT & TTMenu 1.17, it will attempt to load whatever game I'm attempting, then freeze midway through loading it. Restart the DS, & it gives me the red MENU? error message screen, & corrupts all the files on the SD card. By this, I mean when you put the SD card in the computer, the files are all renamed to gibberish & squares, & there's about a dozen of them instead of just the ones I put on there.

Lastly, I've tried all these steps using THREE different SD cards, just to confirm it's not just a knockoff SD card giving me a headache.

I'm really stumped as to what to do. I've fixed other fake DSTTs, & it's kind of a point of irritation I can't just make this stupid one work. [​IMG]

2. dnniwa485

Member dnniwa485 GBAtemp Fan

thats why i dont trust online shops a lot... except for buying legit games.. [​IMG]

3. lukands

Member lukands I took the little bus here

Estonia
    It`s never worth my time to play around with these cards forever. If in the off chance I ever get a bad dstt I will try a few things to get it going and if it still doesn`t work then I will just spend another few $`s for a new card. Not worth the headaches and frustration!

4. Sao Mortel

Member Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Yup its trash can case!!
    The only thing is that you get 3 or 4 DSTTs for the price of a legit game [​IMG]

5. fahsky
    OP

Newcomer fahsky Newbie

United States
    Thanks for opinions... I guess. lol

I can't just order more cards, since like I said DealExtreme, like many sites, no longer sells them. I don't blame them for the card being defective, since I've gotten plenty of perfectly working cards from them. *shrug Plus, flash cards are 1) illegal, 2) not made by companies that are fussed about quality in general, & 3) cheap.

6. h8isgr8

Member h8isgr8 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    DX and FP still sell them; you just have to know how to add them to your cart.