unfixable brick??? What do I try next?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Holdercj, Apr 28, 2009.

Apr 28, 2009
  1. Holdercj
    OP

Newcomer Holdercj Member

United States
    when I turn my wii on I get no video at all. On my TV I have many inputs Svideo, HDMI, RCA, Component. I have my wii hooked up to the component input. When I view that input it says Searching for Signals. If I don't turn on the wii for about 30 seconds, it says no signals. That makes sence because the wii is powered off. Since today, as soon as I turn on my wii I get the message saying no signals. I've searched on bricks, but I have never seen anybody who had a brick like mine. I attemped to update to the latest shop channel. It downloaded everything and started installing. It went through the install and stop right there at the end. It didn't reboot, didn't tell me to press any button to continue, just nothing at all. So I held down the power button until it shut down. And that is where I am currently at.

Here are the things I've tried
    powered on wii and held reset immediately after. Fail
    tried this with a store bought game and a back up. Fail
    Put GC controller in and held down Y, I've held down the D pad, It doesn't seem to matter which port I use. Fail

I've read somewhere about a savefriimii disk, but I can't find a copy of it. I'm stuck.

2. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    So your wii isn't putting out a video signal at all...... try using an alternate cable to connect to the tv. if that works you need a new cable. if not then your wii's got a major video output problem.......

3. Holdercj
    OP

Newcomer Holdercj Member

United States
    I did try the cable that came with it. The major video output problem is that its bricked! lol anytips on unbricking it??

4. stev418

Member stev418 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    if it was bricked preloader would still boot :\ why exactly do you think you bricked? doing a softmii install or something?

5. Servdogg

Member Servdogg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you know this guy doesn't have preloader installed.

6. Supercool330

Member Supercool330 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    What all do you have installed on your wii? (such as cIOS, sysmenu, preloader, etc.)
    How did you try to update the shop? (wad install, NUS system update, homebrew update, etc.)

7. Shadowluigi323

Newcomer Shadowluigi323 Advanced Member

United States
  8. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Savemiifrii isn't a disc - it's holding down all 4 d-pad buttons on a gamecube controller in port 4.

This will probably require you to open up the controller (but some 3rd party ones allow you to push all 4 at once while still together).

9. Shadowluigi323

United States
    Ummmm look at the my previous reply I didn't open my gc controller.

10. ILIKEFOOD

Newcomer ILIKEFOOD Member

United States
    Is this a video or menu problem? you have to have to same cable/type you were using when it stopped working because to change the wii's video output you would need to go into the settings/sceen/tv resolution then HDTV or standard (if your in HDTV mode and you have a regular av cable plugged in you won't get a signal)

and can u get to the menu to load without video, like does the rumble go off over the channels? if you still cant get to the menu, then you menu is bricked, and maybe preloader is coming up but your not getting any video output to tell.just work on getting video before you try to unbrick it with preloader and such, or u can unbrick it maybe "blind"

11. Matt93

Member Matt93 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You didn't use Savemiifrii either.

12. Shadowluigi323

United States
    Yea I didn't yet i managed to unbrick my wii.

13. Holdercj
    OP

Newcomer Holdercj Member

United States
    I had cIOS36 Rev 9 installed. I had preloader .28 installed then I did a wad install to update to preloader .29 I did a wad install for the shop channel. "Install Shop IOS51" was the app folder on my SD card.

@Shadowluigi323, I read through your thread and I think I've tried all of that. I'm going to work on it in the morning and I'll let you know.

14. Holdercj
    OP

Newcomer Holdercj Member

United States
    So no luck with Kitt's homebrew channel boot disks that ShadowLuigi mentioned. The difference between ShadowLuigi and me is that when he holds down Y on the GC controller he actually got something. (Twighlight). When I do it, I get nothing. =( help anybody?!?!?!?!

Oh yeah I can't even get a rescue menu at all.