Hehe Moo

Moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm using ndstool.exe to unpack and repack them right now.

The unpacking is taking AGES! But... I think there's something seriously wrong here. I'm pretty sure I did it right the first time, but when I repacked the files, the Japanese one had English voices, rather than the English having the Japanese. I'll try again now and edit this post.
Also I'd just want to add.. at the first cmd part.. it said "The system cannot find the file specified.".

I had already called the file "current.nds" WTF is going on?!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsbuff just uses ndstool.exe, so it won't be any faster.

Edit: You aren't doing this on your memory card are you? That will be very slow. You should un/repack the files on the hard disk then move them to the memory card when you're done.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ALRIGHT I'VE GOT IT!!

Okay, now for the final thing. The step by step tutorial!!

First download ndstool.exe and the unpacker + repacker from here:

http://www.zshare.net/download/50083715c18c533c/

Unpack the (J) game, in this case, Naruto RPG 3 (J). Name Naruto RPG 3 "current.nds" and when you click on the unpack.bat file, it will unpack it for you into a folder called NDS_UNPACK. Remember to do this on your hard disk as it can take well over 10 minutes if it is on a USB or microSD card. :wtf: ... yes I did that =="

When it is unpacked, move the NDS_UNPACK into a folder called Japanese Unpacked. This is important as it will not work if the two NDS_UNPACK files that you are making are on the root.

Rename the (J) game that you have already unpacked as "Jap - Already Unpacked" just in case you get confused. If you don't want to do this, change it to something else because the unpack.bat file will read it as "current.nds" and confuse it with the other file that you want to unpack in the next step.

Rename the (U) game, in this case Naruto Path of the Ninja 2 (U), as "current.nds" and do the first step again. When you have your two folders called NDS_UNPACK, just go into the Japanese one, and find the sound_data.sdat file. Replace the one in the English folder with it.

Click on pack.bat. This will only take about 5 seconds, and BAM!! You have another .nds file called "current.nds"

Rename it to whatever you want and chuck it onto your microSD card.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Raven Darkheart said:
undubbing games usually only take 3 min or so tops. its not rocket science.
but enjoy the undub
Fix'd
tongue.gif

It's pretty easy, it can be done in a few seconds if you exclude the time you have to wait for the rom to be unpacked/packed.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
40 min tops if including downloading the ROMs.
But if you have both roms, then with crystaltile2, 1 min tops. Search for sound_dat = 20 seconds, right click and extract = 3 seconds, Search for sound_dat on the other ROM = 20 seconds, right click and import = 3 seconds, import a file by double clicking = 2 seconds
48 seconds if fast enough.
Because you don't need to do ANY unpack/repack with crystaltile2.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
psycoblaster said:
But if you have both roms, then with crystaltile2, 1 min tops. Search for sound_dat = 20 seconds, right click and extract = 3 seconds, Search for sound_dat on the other ROM = 20 seconds, right click and import = 3 seconds, import a file by double clicking = 2 seconds
sometimes there are multiple sound files instead of one sdat package you smartass
tongue.gif

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
psycoblaster said:
sometimes there are multiple sound files instead of one sdat package you smartass
tongue.gif
he conveniently forgot about that
tongue.gif
but agreed

Hehe Moo

Moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raven Darkheart said:
Noitora said:
psycoblaster said:
tongue.gif
he conveniently forgot about that
tongue.gif
but agreed

Ahahaha... thanks a lot for ruining it for me. It's my first time doing it so don't call me a smartass T_T

It took me a while because I have limited resources, such as the programs that I used, etc.

But i got it in the end. =]

Hehe Moo

Moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gokujr1000 said:
hey how do you unpack it I drop it into the unpack file and it doesn't unpack it it comes up witha blank folder

EDIT: whoops sorry I figured it out

Umm yeah. Read the instructions before posting stupid questions :wtf:

However, I am glad that people appreciate this discussion ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazons-cloud-unit-pauses-orders-134219461.html?guccounter=1 mmm