Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I were you, I would save some money for your own computer...

Your dad is pretty awfull with computers, just like lot's of parents, that's why I got my own computer+laptop...

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
he is 13 years old.
You're lazy, check his profile
sleep.gif

Hehe Moo

Moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
==" why did you post that here.

I find it unnecessary that you post that... because some people want it undubbed. You cannot tell people to "live with" it. It is my choice if I wish to request how to undub it.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stop pretending to be helpful. This whole page of posts are off-topic suggestions that came AFTER the OP said he thinks he's got what he needs to undub the game. If you want to answer some other question that he didn't ask, do it elsewhere.

Aizan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait so i have a ?

all i have to do is go into the J version after its been unpacked do i go into the sound folder take the sound_data.sdat and throw it into the sound folder of the english sound folder which then replaces it. then i pack it put it to card and it works?

EDIT: YES!!!!!!!!!!1 finaly i learn how to thanks for the guide i learned another hacking method today ^____^

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You replace all of the sound files in the rom you're undubbing with the sound files from the (J) release and then repack it. If sound_data.sdat is the only sound file in this rom (it varies from game to game), then yes, you are correct.

Aizan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
You replace all of the sound files in the rom you're undubbing with the sound files from the (J) release and then repack it. If sound_data.sdat is the only sound file in this rom (it varies from game to game), then yes, you are correct.

yea i got it!! thanks!! you explained this better then anyone else has at least to me
happy.gif

Hehe Moo

Moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
==" sigh... sorry about the fuss and unnecessary discussion psycoblaster and Destructobot. Anyway, do you guys think you know what the original name of the (J) version is?

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
here is a quick tutorial with crystaltile2.
Download crystaltile2 from this site. Click on the search button on the navigation bar, and type in crystaltile2, look for a post where FAST uploaded it, and download it. It doesn't require installing.
Once done, open up the crystaltile2 folder, and click on cystaltile2.exe, which should have an icon with a pink "CT".

screen1.jpg

click on the icon that looks like an opened folder (the "Open" button)
and select your japanese ROM. I don't want to waste another 20 minutes on downloading an english and a japanese ROM, so I'll just use Kimino Yusha (J) as an example.
Double click the Japanese version of whatever you want to undub, and you will see a hexeditor or a tile editor. Don't worry, and don't mess around with those.
on the below pic, I've put a RED box around what you need to click.

screen2.jpg

once you click that icon (looks like a DS), You'll get the list of files that are also in that screen.
Scroll down until you see a file called sound_data.sdat
It's a common file in many ROMs, but I can't promise that this file is in EVERY single NDS rom.
as you see, there will be a little icon with a speaker looking thingy on the left of the file, which also shows you that it is a sound file.
Now, once you've located your sound file, right click, and click on the first option. (also shown in the pic)
The first option should have an "(E)" on the end. Click on that option, and it will ask you where you want to save that file.
Just save it anywhere you wish.

Once you are done with that, repeat step 1 by opening the ROM, but this time, open the ENGLISH ROM.
Click on the DS icon looking button to bring the packed file list up for the English ROM.
Look for the sound data file just like step 2.
Once you've located your sound data file, right click.
This time, select the 2nd option, which should have an "(I)" at the end, just like this pic:

screen3.jpg

Now, it will ask you to select the file to open. Open the sound data file you've extracted from step 2 from the Japanese ROM, and press OK.
that's it.
Press save (should look like a floppy disk icon just in case you don't know; it's next to the Open button)
and now, go play your english rom. It should be undubbed.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
psycoblaster, the original one is called Naruto RPG 3 *something something*

I'm testing it on Soma Bringer (J) for now, just to see if the program works.

Anyways, the one that the red box is on, *looks like ds*
its not there. It says "FSI" instead of a picture of a DS.
I'm certain that I've downloaded FAST6191's file. I'm stuck here now...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Materia_tofu, Maybe ask the EZ-Flash team.