Hehe Moo

Moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi there guys... I will once again introduce myself as the friendly neighbourhood GBAtemp noob.

Ok.. I was wondering whether someone could teach me how to undub Naruto Path of the Ninja 2 or perhaps do it, make a patch and teach me? I honestly have no idea how to translate or anything... I don't even know what a Hex code it (could you tell me that too? xD) So... Thats about it.

So can you:

-Teach me to undub Naruto Path of the Ninja 2
-Do it for me, and teach me if you have time
-Post a patch on here so I can get it if necessary
-Also post any necessary links to programs that I need

Thanks!!

~ Hehe Moo

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try downloading DSlazy or a simmilair application.
Then unpack the USA rom and the JAP rom, and just try to swap some files...
And then repack it, and then test it, if it didn't work, repeat this process...

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Basic undubbing instructions:

1. Unpack the .nds files from the J and U (or whatever region you want to play) releases with dsbuff, DSLazy or Nitro Explorer.

2. Replace the audio files in the release you want to use with the ones from the (J) release. The sound files are generally in the /data/sdat folder. Before you do this, check the sound files for both regions to make sure they match up. If the filenames are different then you won't be able to easily undub the game.

3. Repack the file, run it, and hope for the best.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
guys is there anything that i don't need that .net framework thing for? I haven't got the .net framework T-T i can't use dsbuff, i'm testing the nitro explorer now.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
psycoblaster said:
type in .net framework on google and download the latest one

I don't think my dad will let me get it. He's pretty strict with all this internet stuff cuz he's a Network Engineer and he doesn't trust the internet as much as us piraters. xD "DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS, THAT, THIS, THAT!!"

This year is actually the first year he's actually let me DOWNLOAD SOMETHING!!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've never actually used Nitro Explorer, and I'm going to bed in a minute here so I don't want to try and figure it out, but I do have something that will work for you.

DSLazy is just a frontend for ndstool.exe (which is a command line program). All it does is use a batch file to tell ndstool.exe what to do. I've seperated out the packing and unpacking commands into seperate batch files which I use to pack and unpack the roms (I don't use DSLazy or dsbuff for the same reason you can't).

Here are the files you need: http://www.zshare.net/download/50083715c18c533c/

Just extract those three files to a folder somewhere, copy the rom you want to unpack into the same folder, rename it to "current.nds", and run unpack.bat. It will extract the files into a folder named NDS_UNPACK. Pack.bat will compile the contents of the NDS_UNPACK folder into a file named current.nds.

Unpack the (J) rom first, then rename the folder so it doesn't get overwritten by the next rom you unpack. Next, unpack the rom you want to undub, follow the instructions I posted earlier, and run pack.bat. Rename the resulting current.nds to something more descriptive, and you should be good to go.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Destructobot said:
I've never actually used Nitro Explorer, and I'm going to bed in a minute here so I don't want to try and figure it out, but I do have something that will work for you.

DSLazy is just a frontend for ndstool.exe (which is a command line program). All it does is use a batch file to tell ndstool.exe what to do. I've seperated out the packing and unpacking commands into seperate batch files which I use to pack and unpack the roms (I don't use DSLazy or dsbuff for the same reason you can't).

Here are the files you need: http://www.zshare.net/download/50083715c18c533c/

Just extract those three files to a folder somewhere, copy the rom you want to unpack into the same folder, rename it to "current.nds", and run unpack.bat. It will extract the files into a folder named NDS_UNPACK. Pack.bat will compile the contents of the NDS_UNPACK folder into a file named current.nds.

Unpack the (J) rom first, then rename the folder so it doesn't get overwritten by the next rom you unpack. Next, unpack the rom you want to undub, follow the instructions I posted earlier, and run pack.bat. Rename the resulting current.nds to something more descriptive, and you should be good to go.

Sorry for all your hard work typing this stuff up... but I've tried DSLazy. ndstool.exe doesn't work for me :wtf: don't know why. This cmd thing just pops up for one second and it disappears.. then nothing else. Sigh.

QUOTElol the .net frameworks has nothing to do with the internet.
LMAO

yes but he doesn't want me installing crap onto the computer just in case what Destructobot just said happens.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well don't you just need a .net framework (I think it was) 2.0 to get this running?
and i haven't tried, but I think using crystaltile2 works, too. Load the whole ROM, click on the DS icon, then once you get the list of all of the files in the ROM, right click the file you want to switch, and press insert (the one with the "(I)")
and load the file that you want to switch it with.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hehe Moo said:
ndstool.exe doesn't work for me :wtf: don't know why. This cmd thing just pops up for one second and it disappears.. then nothing else.

That's what command line programs do when you double click them. Just use the batch files I uploaded, they will work.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You know Destructobot, I really think this will work.

However.. unfortunately my dad has confiscated my DS.

I will umm *borrow* it tomorrow afternoon when I get home early so I can get my microSD card and get rid of this Naruto English stuff.

I have to go now.

Cya. Thanks for the help.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*sigh*

I cbf downloading an emulator right now cause I'm meant to be doing hw O_O
Plus, if my dad finds out I've been mass downloading (I still need that Japanese file for the Naruto) he'll be pretty angry. He says maximum of 2 games a MONTH.

Life sucks when you're me. xD

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wait
that doesn't make sense
you can download games and other stuff that has something to do with the internet but you can't download the latest .net framework that doesn't affect your internet?
strange.
And once you are done with what you need to, you can just drag and drop your unnecessary files into the recycle bin and empty it.
Then no trace will be left.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nooo... he just doesn't want me INSTALLING or OVERDOWNLOADING

really it has nothing to do with internet, "it" being his suspicion. He's worried about viruses infecting the computer. I don't think he's care if i downloaded that .net framework, he just won't let me install it just in case it goes a bit weird.

btw.. friends?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb