ROM Hack Undub list

Net Sphere Engin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys anyone know if there is a site that is entirely dedicated to put up a list of all undub games so far? Please let me know if there is something like that thanks!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There would be little point- undubs in 90% of cases (that is those roms that use SDAT sound) involve taking the rom to be undubbed, finding a sound file from the region you like and replacing it. With it being this simple and with sound files being copyrighted most people only release "guides" (as mentioned- extract rom to be hacked, extract donor rom (usually Japanese), find sdat in both, swap as desired and finally rebuild roms) or maybe even batch files to do the job rather than the patches we usually see for translations and other hacks.

On rare occasion you get to rename it and some times it gets a bit tricky if you have to use a program to maintain the DS file system if ndstool and co (DSlazy/Bsbuff) break it. On even rarer occasion you might have to tweak a done sound file if something was lost in transition (such things are little more than a tweak on the common SDAT repointing hacks or maybe some of the sound injection hacks) but I am hard pressed to think of an example here.

For the roms that do not use SDAT (still only a handful) it is pretty much the same idea except rather than SDAT you sub in the wave, PCM, adx/ahx file or whatever format the game decides to use.

Coconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, there's a site on which those are subbed:

Gensou Suikoden Tierkreis -
Infinite Space -
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days -
Sands of Destruction -
Bleach: The Blade of Fate -
Bleach: The 3rd Phantom -
Megaman Star Force 3: Black Ace -
Megaman Star Force 3: Red Joker
Elebits -
Trauma Center: Under The Knife 2 -
The World Ends With You -
Summon Knight: Twin Age -
Rondo of Swords -
Zookeeper -
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume -
Retro Game Challenge - h
Megaman Battle Network 5: Double Team -
Lunar Knights -
Dragon Ball Origins - h
Disgaea DS -
Rune Factory 1 -
Rune Factory 2 -
Final Fantasy IV -
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Avalon Code -
Lux-Pain -

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals can be undubed as well, I'm not so sure about Professor Layton and Ace Attorney though.

I'd still love if anyone would take a look at Spectral Genesis (U) and try to undub it, I couldn't with DSlazy, the rom would freeze (the voice packs are missing from the U and E versions, so reinsertion probably needs some pointers as well).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ Fel I have been looking for a rom like that for a while. I have several other things to do for here and other hacks but should I get some time for extra hacking I will take a look at that. I am however assuming you can not just use the EU version (if there is one) or backport the text to the Japanese rom.

Edit: looked up the rom and apparently the Korean translation hit first, very interesting.

Net Sphere Engin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
FAST6191 said:
There would be little point- undubs in 90% of cases (that is those roms that use SDAT sound) involve taking the rom to be undubbed, finding a sound file from the region you like and replacing it. With it being this simple and with sound files being copyrighted most people only release "guides" (as mentioned- extract rom to be hacked, extract donor rom (usually Japanese), find sdat in both, swap as desired and finally rebuild roms) or maybe even batch files to do the job rather than the patches we usually see for translations and other hacks.

On rare occasion you get to rename it and some times it gets a bit tricky if you have to use a program to maintain the DS file system if ndstool and co (DSlazy/Bsbuff) break it. On even rarer occasion you might have to tweak a done sound file if something was lost in transition (such things are little more than a tweak on the common SDAT repointing hacks or maybe some of the sound injection hacks) but I am hard pressed to think of an example here.

For the roms that do not use SDAT (still only a handful) it is pretty much the same idea except rather than SDAT you sub in the wave, PCM, adx/ahx file or whatever format the game decides to use.

Thanks a lot for clarify this! Now that makes sense why I coudn't find one single site about undubs for DS!

QUOTECoconut Posted Yesterday, 02:43 PM
Well, there's a site on which those are subbed:

Gensou Suikoden Tierkreis -
Infinite Space -
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days -
Sands of Destruction -
Bleach: The Blade of Fate -
Bleach: The 3rd Phantom -
Megaman Star Force 3: Black Ace -
Megaman Star Force 3: Red Joker
Elebits -
Trauma Center: Under The Knife 2 -
The World Ends With You -
Summon Knight: Twin Age -
Rondo of Swords -
Zookeeper -
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume -
Retro Game Challenge - h
Megaman Battle Network 5: Double Team -
Lunar Knights -
Dragon Ball Origins - h
Disgaea DS -
Rune Factory 1 -
Rune Factory 2 -
Final Fantasy IV -
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Avalon Code -
Lux-Pain -

what site?

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
@ Fel I have been looking for a rom like that for a while. I have several other things to do for here and other hacks but should I get some time for extra hacking I will take a look at that. I am however assuming you can not just use the EU version (if there is one) or backport the text to the Japanese rom.

Edit: looked up the rom and apparently the Korean translation hit first, very interesting.
Awesome, thanks! I think I've tried both and unsuccessfully, I think the (J) rom freezes after the intro and blacks out if you try to switch the texts both ways, and I remember that switching the voices didn't work either, whatever I tried. Here's some info from mythread when I was trying to do it.

There's also difference between the EU and U rom, the latter has improved translation as it came out later, I've checked both and it's true - the text is different, and some of it seemed more appropriate...I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I had one it was fun lol