InkBoyJay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to open:
I just joined and I’m just a kid, so my access to the internet is pretty limited.
Ok, so I have a question. (Gasp! Wow! A question! Amazing!!!) Ok all joking aside, I really do have a question that needs answering.
So my dumb butt wants to play Pokémon Star on console, because Citra is slow and I don’t like the controls. Problem is, I can’t find a rom that is not decrypted!!! (From my, y’know, very limited access to the internet.)
I do, in fact have CFW running on my 3ds and I was wondering if there is an application for 3ds or Mac, or even a function on GM9 that will allow me to “dedecrypt” in a sense, Citra Roms. Thank you in advance, and stay fresh.

Reactions: Alexander1970

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think GM9 can do it if you select the ROM, there should be some options that have to do with encryption.
But decrypted CIAs should work just fine on CFW as is. .3DS ROMs will have to be converted to CIA, the easiest way to do that is also with GM9.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Just to open:
I just joined and I’m just a kid, so my access to the internet is pretty limited.
Ok, so I have a question. (Gasp! Wow! A question! Amazing!!!) Ok all joking aside, I really do have a question that needs answering.
So my dumb butt wants to play Pokémon Star on console, because Citra is slow and I don’t like the controls. Problem is, I can’t find a rom that is not decrypted!!! (From my, y’know, very limited access to the internet.)
I do, in fact have CFW running on my 3ds and I was wondering if there is an application for 3ds or Mac, or even a function on GM9 that will allow me to “dedecrypt” in a sense, Citra Roms. Thank you in advance, and stay fresh.

Hello.:)

Welcome to GBAtemp.

A not so good Introduction maybe....:(
Asking for Roms on your first Post....

You maybe read the Rules and Terms on your Registration ?
Fine.:)
Then you will know,that you will find not a single Rom here.
Because it is against the Rules of GBAtemp.:)

I wish you a good Time here,have Fun and please search for Roms in the Internet.

Thank you.:)

InkBoyJay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok first:
I wasn’t asking for Roms at all! Just if anyone knew how to convert them. But thank you for your concern with my following the guidelines. To the Real JDBye:
Thank you! So the encryption is opposite to the decryption and basically reversed it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think GM9 can do it if you select the ROM, there should be some options that have to do with encryption.
But decrypted CIAs should work just fine on CFW as is. .3DS ROMs will have to be converted to CIA, the easiest way to do that is also with GM9.
Thank you for your help! I had no idea that decrypted Roms worked fine. Also, encryption is the opposite of decryption and reverses it?

Hello.:)

Welcome to GBAtemp.

A not so good Introduction maybe....:(
Asking for Roms on your first Post....

You maybe read the Rules and Terms on your Registration ?
Fine.:)
Then you will know,that you will find not a single Rom here.
Because it is against the Rules of GBAtemp.:)

I wish you a good Time here,have Fun and please search for Roms in the Internet.

Thank you for your concern with my following the rules. No Roms were being asked for, just a question. Also, if this intro post doesn’t suffice, I can make a new one! :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok first:
I wasn’t asking for Roms at all! Just if anyone knew how to convert them. But thank you for your concern with my following the guidelines. To the Real JDBye:
Thank you! So the encryption is opposite to the decryption and basically reversed it?

Thank you for your help! I had no idea that decrypted Roms worked fine. Also, encryption is the opposite of decryption and reverses it?

Thank you for your concern with my following the rules. No Roms were being asked for, just a question. Also, if this intro post doesn’t suffice, I can make a new one! :)
Yes.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Ok first:

Introduction is the "First Look" as you know.:D
(And also "Nintendo and Company" reads here too on GBAtemp.)
"One" is currently a bit "sensitive".This was not meant badly.
Excuse me,if I "scared" you.:)

Good to see your first Question was answered very quick and it helped you.:yay:

Have a good Time and

InkBoyJay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Introduction is the "First Look" as you know.:D
(And also "Nintendo and Company" reads here too on GBAtemp.)
"One" is currently a bit "sensitive".This was not meant badly.
Excuse me,if I "scared" you.:)

Good to see your first Question was answered very quick and it helped you.:yay:

Have a good Time and
It is ok, no harm done. Sorry too :-: and I wasn’t aware that Nintendo Co. read here! :O
And thank you for the reassurance/compliment. (Sry I don’t know what to call it.)

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States

InkBoyJay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might be wrong, bear with me, as my 3DS hacking knowledge is a little spotty, but I think GARC files are parts of Pokemon games, such as the compressed textures? I'm not entirely sure, but that's what I seem to remember. This tool may help.
Thank you! I will definitely look into that. :D

D

Deleted User

Just to open:

Is citra a good 3ds emulator ? I am thinking of downloading citra to run my 3ds homebrew code from a PC but I do not know if it is a good emulator to do this thanks

InkBoyJay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is citra a good 3ds emulator ? I am thinking of downloading citra to run my 3ds homebrew code from a PC but I do not know if it is a good emulator to do this thanks
Citra is a great emulator!
Problem is, you can only use decrypted Roms (which can be made with a 3ds running cfw.) I also recommend at least a 32 bit computer with plenty of RAM to spare.

D

Deleted User

Citra is a great emulator!
Problem is, you can only use decrypted Roms (which can be made with a 3ds running cfw.) I also recommend at least a 32 bit computer with plenty of RAM to spare.

Oh then this is not the emulator for me do you know if there are any emulators that will run a .3dsx file ? thanks

InkBoyJay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well shoot! Guess I can't use my Amiga 1200 to run Citra after all then :cry:

:rofl2:Welcome to GBAtemp BTW
Thank you for the welcome. And lol

Okay thanks regardless :)
No problem. I’m not an expert, so definitely ask around. Hope my (very!) limited experience can help.

D

Deleted User

Yes, Citra. Just open 3dsx files as you would do for games. I also recommend at least a 64-bit computer because Citra is unsupported on 32-bit ones.

Sw33t thanks dud3 this will improve my workflow greatly and I can stop engraving the pattern of my circuit board into my SD card cause of all the card in card out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew