Homebrew Unbrick CBHC format?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend wanted to sell her Wii u and accidentally formatted her nand with CBHC installed. There isn't a way to recover this without a hardmod is there? I couldn't find anything, and she didn't make a nand backup. Does the Wii u really not have something like a safe mode?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering I'm struggling to use unreal engine 4 blueprints, that probably won't happen. Wish there was something similar to a 3ds ctrnand transfer, but maybe eventually something will happen.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the only way to recover the CBHC Format Brick is via HardMod.

Its not hard to do, but you do need experience with Surface Mount Soldering, and cutting small traces on PCB's.

There might be some people on here willing to hardmod your WiiU and recover your console for you, for a small price plus shipping costs. But im pretty sure you still need at least the OTP.bin Backup for the bricked console. The OTP.bin is used to decrypt and re-encrypt the nand (and other files that need to be decrypted/re-encrypted).

There may even be computer repair shops near you that offer this kind of service too. You should try to find some shops near you and give them a call, and ask them.

Last edited by TheTechGenius,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the only way to recover the CBHC Format Brick is via HardMod.

Its not hard to do, but you do need experience with Surface Mount Soldering, and cutting small traces on PCB's.

There might be some people on here willing to hardmod your WiiU and recover your console for you, for a small price plus shipping costs. But im pretty sure you still need at least the OTP.bin Backup for the bricked console. The OTP.bin is used to decrypt and re-encrypt the nand (and other files that need to be decrypted/re-encrypted).

There may even be computer repair shops near you that offer this kind of service too. You should try to find some shops near you and give them a call, and ask them.
I mean it's for a friend who lives in another state, but thanks for the info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo