Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what you're saying is that even without using bias, the ps4 is the better system :P

Well, I've stated facts, and if someone who were technologically literate, and compared the two, that person would come to the conclusion that hardware and software wise (Including the online advantages), the PS4 is better ;)

However, many may hate all the PS4 games and go straight for the XB1 games. Maybe one likes kinect better.

But technologically, yes, the PS4 is the better system. :)

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there isin't even 1 thing better about the X1?

Well, technologically, no.

However, it may depend on your likes vs dislikes. Maybe one enjoys "snapping" content. TV and games at the same time. Despite not being able to do so with AAA games, one may consider that feature a plus.

I'd say it depends on the individual, but as stated, technologically, it's definitely better in every way :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So there isin't even 1 thing better about the X1?
Um... no. I'll go out on a limb about that, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing there.
ESRAM in conjunction with DDR3 RAM have a higher theoretical bandwidth than GDDR5 RAM as long as developers read and write at the same time, although it's not a significant difference (102GB/s normally, / 192GB/s when reading and writing at the same time on XBox One, 176GB/s on PS4).

LightTrench

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to say it, but it looks a bit biased the way it is at the moment. You have all these "this one has it while the other doesn't", but you are missing things like:
  • The inclusion of the Kinect
  • HDMI Input
  • USB Ports
  • Power
Still waiting on Sony to say about HDCP, but Microsoft says none on games.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ESRAM in conjunction with DDR3 RAM have a higher theoretical bandwidth than GDDR5 RAM as long as developers read and write at the same time, although it's not a significant difference (102GB/s normally, / 192GB/s when reading and writing on XBox One, 176GB/s on PS4).

If you say so. I guess it's okay.

I hate to say it, but it looks a bit biased the way it is at the moment. You have all these "this one has it while the other doesn't", but you are missing things like:
  • The inclusion of the Kinect
  • HDMI Input
  • USB Ports
  • Power
Still waiting on Sony to say about HDCP, but Microsoft says none on games.
Sony doesn't have the Kinect, both systems have HDMI ports and USB ports (I saw Major Nelson's unboxing of Xbone on xbox) and, well, they both have power buttons. I'm pretty sure hard drives are a good indication of power on any computer or such a device.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah! There's a plus! I know people who are getting the XB1, and I know people who are getting the PS4. A lot of it would be opinion-and-loyalty-based, but I know there are some out there who don't really care for the power advantages of one system over the other.

But I'm getting the PS4 :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The 192GB/s figure can only really be used utilizing a loophole in the hardware and I doubt that developers will use it much, but hey! It can be done. :P

One thing I'd like to point out - at the end of the day, the differences are there and the edge is pretty clear, but the bar has been set so high that it's going to take a good couple of years before they become in any way bothersome to developers and even then they have plenty of wiggle room. Remember what those people are working with now - 256MB RAM + 256MB VRAM on the PS3, 512MB unified RAM on the 360 - now they're getting 8GB on both systems and they're going to have a field day with it before they start thinking which one is ever-so-slightly faster... and this just the memory - let's not forget that PowerPC and CELL (which admittedly is also in the Power family but is different enough to be singled out due to the SPU's) have been ditched for x86_64 and both of the GPU's are AMD-based unlike last generation where both systems were very, very different from each other. ;)

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 192GB/s figure can only really be used utilizing a loophole in the hardware and I doubt that developers will use it much, but hey! It can be done. :P

One thing I'd like to point out - at the end of the day, the differences are there and the edge is pretty clear, but the bar has been set so high that it's going to take a good couple of years before they become in any way bothersome to developers and even then they have plenty of wiggle room. Remember what those people are working on now - 256MB RAM + 256MB VRAM on the PS3, 512MB unified RAM on the 360 - now they're getting 8GB on both systems and they're going to have a field day with it before they start thinking which one is ever-so-slightly faster. ;)

I'm so excited to see what they create with the given RAM! It's going to be incredible!

I wonder if they'll make games with more and more content, as far as storylines and 'quests' (depending on the game) go!

I'm also super psyched to play Outlast on my PSVita.

I've pre-bought it on steam, and I know I'll enjoy playing it more than once!

Funny- an indie is my most-hyped PS4 game!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how this whole arguing back and forth got started, and frankly I don't care. I can't be assed to read everything, make judgment calls and take sides.

I really don't want to start having to suspend anyone, so let's just talk about the hardware and stop with the swearing and calling people "stupid" for comparing things.

kthx

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how this whole arguing back and forth got started, and frankly I don't care. I can't be assed to read everything, make judgment calls and take sides.

I really don't want to start having to suspend anyone, so let's just talk about the hardware and stop with the swearing and calling people "stupid" for comparing things.

kthx

Thank yew <3

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sony doesn't have the Kinect, both systems have HDMI ports and USB ports (I saw Major Nelson's unboxing of Xbone on xbox) and, well, they both have power buttons. I'm pretty sure hard drives are a good indication of power on any computer or such a device.

He meant HDMI input - the XBox One has both an HDMI output (to connect the system to a TV) and an HDMI input (to connect other devices to it), likely for the upcoming XBox TV add-on, but perhaps it'll support other devices too.

As far as the Kinect 2.0 is concerned, the PS4 has an equivalent - the PlayStation Eye which is cheaper at the end of the day, costing only $59 and while I won't dispute that the Kinect 2.0 is likely to be the more accurate out of the two, the PS4+PSEye ($399+$59=$458) bundle is still cheaper than the XBox One bundle and provides equivalent functionality, even down to voice recognition.

Reactions: calmwaters

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why should we give a shit of what the two consoles specs look like on paper ?
Every time I see such topics, I can't help to think it's just childish fanboy toy to pretend to have some valid argument when defending/attacking other fanboy's systems.

The two systems are very similar.
In the end, games will look very much alike, regardless of both system's horse power.
The end users will see very little difference, unless it's some stupid fanboy who again make a huge deal of the smallest detail to have something to brag about.

There will be excellent exclusives on both platforms,which you can't mathematically compare.
We will see some multiplatform games looking slightly better on PS4,like better AA, slightly better particles effects or water reflection ( again, who gives a shit ) , and others looking better on the Xbone, depending on whatever system the developers were originally developing their games for.
In the end, it comes down to the users preference and choice of controllers or online capabilities and brand loyalty.

Really, with all due respect to the OP, but I must say ( with all the compliments for the detailed sheet ) , that such topics are completely useless and we see far to man of them lately, instead of focusing on the ,eat and potatoes of what makes a good gaming experience.

Reactions: calmwaters

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why should we give a shit of what the two consoles specs look like on paper ?
Every time I see such topics, I can't help to think it's just childish fanboy toy to pretend to have some valid argument when defending/attacking other fanboy's systems.

The two systems are very similar.
In the end, games will look very much alike, regardless of both system's horse power.
The end users will see very little difference, unless it's some stupid fanboy who again make a huge deal of the smallest detail to have something to brag about.

There will be excellent exclusives on both platforms,which you can't mathematically compare.
We will see some multiplatform games looking slightly better on PS4,like better AA, slightly better particles effects or water reflection ( again, who gives a shit ) , and others looking better on the Xbone, depending on whatever system the developers were originally developing their games for.
In the end, it comes down to the users preference and choice of controllers or online capabilities and brand loyalty.

Really, with all due respect to the OP, but I must say ( with all the compliments for the detailed sheet ) , that such topics are completely useless and we see far to man of them lately, instead of focusing on the ,eat and potatoes of what makes a good gaming experience.

As Foxi stated, some people enjoy comparing specs. It's nothing about being a "Childish fanboy", thanks.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As Foxi stated, some people enjoy comparing specs. It's nothing about being a "Childish fanboy", thanks.
And what's the purpose of that, when games an both consoles will be virtually identical ?
Is is not just like to say my system has xxx.xx while yours only xxx.xxx ?
Really , does it really matter at the end of the day ? We are not even sure what the real Wii U specs are, and yet, we are going to get some amazing first party games that will look and play better then everything we have seen so far , so what's the big deal ?

decemberchild

latecomer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what's the purpose of that, when games an both consoles will be virtually identical ?
Is is not just like to say my system has xxx.xx while yours only xxx.xxx ?
Really , does it really matter at the end of the day ? We are not even sure what the real Wii U specs are, and yet, we are going to get some amazing first party games that will look and play better then everything we have seen so far , so what's the big deal ?

The only thing I look forward to on the nintendo camp is Zelda. If nintendo would make a sequel to mario sunshine I would definitely buy that and actually get a wiiu. I am going to have a hard time justifying that system to myself this time around though.

LightTrench

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes but do they have the same amount of USB Ports? What I meant by power was power supply. And by your reasoning with the Kinect, that means there are things on the list that shouldn't be there.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but do they have the same amount of USB Ports? What I meant by power was power supply. And by your reasoning with the Kinect, that means there are things on the list that shouldn't be there.

The power supply is the electrical outlet that your console plugs into, as far as I know. And does it really matter how many USB ports they have? You're basing a premise that one console is better than the other one... ...because... ...one's got more USB ports than the other one? And what things are there on the list that shouldn't be there? I don't care about the networking or hardware specs, but some people do; that's why they're there.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And people still prefer the Xbox One? Why?

Anyways, that PS4 sure is gonna look great sitting next to my PS3, GameCube and WiiU on my tv :) Wish I had a third HDMI port though, but I guess I'll have to get a splitter or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?