Unbanning Switch

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hello,

my switch got banned for using CFW and pirated games. Is there a way or some method to unban it?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is s method. I dont remember the details but I do remember it requires another switch and 99% of the time it results in both switchs becoming banned. So its pointless

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

my switch got banned for using CFW and pirated games. Is there a way or some method to unban it?
Just don't pirate stuff... I've never been banned for using cfw online or at all. I don't use anything but atmosphere and emunand. Even transferring will ban eventually. Sorry bro.

Reactions: MORSHU8KRTXON

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pirates are the reason Nintendo doesn't want us to hack the switch
and thus Nintendo bans their switch... Pro's and con's of pirating. Where as hacking a switch with cfw won't get you banned outright. They don't care because you paid for the hardware. They care that people steal money from devs, just pay for games it's really not a big deal....

MORSHU8KRTXON

Sussy baka
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Chad
and thus Nintendo bans their switch... Pro's and con's of pirating. Where as hacking a switch with cfw won't get you banned outright. They don't care because you paid for the hardware. They care that people steal money from devs, just pay for games it's really not a big deal....
They do care because It is easier for you to pirate games with cfw, and if they detect you have installed cfw, you get automatically banned.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They do care because It is easier for you to pirate games with cfw, and if they detect you have installed cfw, you get automatically banned.
Not true at all, please don't misinform other users with opinions. cfw on a switch won't get you banned, pirating games will. Just because it's easy to pirate games does not make it okay for any company to stop buyers from modifying hardware they legally paid for. It's called the right to repair. They do care if users steal games without paying for them.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's not about games. I'm planning to buy new switch any time soon and want to transfer my save files from old switch to new one. Is there a way to do it without switch online?

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not about games. I'm planning to buy new switch any time soon and want to transfer my save files from old switch to new one. Is there a way to do it without switch online?
Only way to get all saves is to have cfw on both then just use checkpoint to dump saves and inject them onto new console. Online saves works too but only for some games.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The old switch is the banned one, right?
Right.

Only way to get all saves is to have cfw on both then just use checkpoint to dump saves and inject them onto new console. Online saves works too but only for some games.
I'm planning to get Switch lite, if i'm not mistaking there isn't way to mod lite yet.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right.

I'm planning to get Switch lite, if i'm not mistaking there isn't way to mod lite yet.
only with the use of a modchip. I daily drive a lite with one no problems ever. I also use emunand to have separate nands just because really.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
What about N64 games. Is there a hope that I will be able to play official n64 games when they do come later next month?

ewabc886

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
What about N64 games. Is there a hope that I will be able to play official n64 games when they do come later next month?
There's no way
And if I were you, I will buy a hackable Switch, then use Checkpoint to transfer the saves.
Keep the banned Switch for CFW, the newly bought Switch for OFW

Or you can also buy Switch Lite or patched Switch and transfer saves from OFW Switch.
Finally sell the OFW hackable Switch

dave7802

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dave-hamilton.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He can't, if he's banned then he can't go online which means the n64 games won't load.
This depends, if they do the same with they did with the NES emulation, then yes its possible, I do not go online and i do not have a subscription. But i play the NES games.
There is compiled NSP complete with Games AND OR additional games not on the current service.

Also in relation to banning, its not just pirated games, I bought my switch, used CFW only for emulation.
It was this that got me banned (I suppose Emulation is a form of Pirate, but Retro Arch crashed, must of sent a log to the server and about a week later i was unable to access the online services)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...