• Replies 11

5%

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are the screws in my DS even Tri Wing? I watched & read a lot of the How To Disassemble A DS Lite & They took the 2 left screws out with the same screwdriver used to take out the screw near the NDS Slot 1, which I've removed.

Here are some photos:

96379600.jpg

40280277.jpg

58855038.jpg

These are the screwdrivers I ordered off of DealExtreme:

22716623.jpg

I don't know what i'm doing wrong.
hate2.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pray to various gods....

Or you could use a regular Philips head (+) to try to get them out... sometimes it works, and I'd get a new set of screws... maybe order a new shell from DX... snazz it up a bit!

reuven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm, I'm pretty sure what you posted there are taps, jaxxster. if you use those to unscrew it, you'll end up with just the head of the screw shaved off.
when i have a stripped screw, i often find the best way to deal with it is to find some scotch weld (gorilla glue works okay, but if you have scotch weld that's even better), and glue the tip of your screwdriver to the screw. let it set overnight, then unscrew in the morning. usually works a treat.

5%

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's ok. I think i'm just going to trip the back off & use the remaining parts for a Oreo DS.

Check the screen out:

img1502w.jpg

img1501.jpg

Is there any way I can fix this or should I go ahead rip it apart

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!