Hacking Unable to run emuMMC on a freshly jailbroken 18.0.1 switch

Logenter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I installed an Instinct-NX modchip on a switch OLED and it works fine, I've jailbroken many switches before, but this one can only run Semi-stock (SYSMMC) and CFW (SYSMMC) but it just won't run emuMMC, I've tried with an original Sandisk 512GB SD and an original Adata 128GB SD. so It's not the SD either. If I try running atmosphere with the fusee.bin it says that the GPT signature is invalid. I've tried many cfw packages from different people including the latest HATS pack but nothing seems to work, has anyone ever had to deal with this?? I'm starting to go insane.

2.jpg
1.jpg

MoeXzl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Logenter You don't need fusee.bin, it works fine without it. Have you tried making a backup? Format your SD to FAT32 and download the latest HATS package to test it. Make the EmuNand first and then the backup, otherwise you will be missing files on the SD, which is what happened in your case.

Logenter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Logenter You don't need fusee.bin, it works fine without it. Have you tried making a backup? Format your SD to FAT32 and download the latest HATS package to test it. Make the EmuNand first and then the backup, otherwise you will be missing files on the SD, which is what happened in your case.
I tried with and without fusee.bin for troubleshooting sake, after creating the emuMMC with hekate I use UMS to insert again all the folders once again (atmosphere, bootloader, config etc) just in case i'm missing a file or something an then run the emuMMC but same outcome.

Also if at the moment of creating the emuMMC I use SD file instead of SD partition it actually works and enters atmosphere, but the contents of the Nintendo folder at emummc\Nintendo\ always get corrupted, prompting the console to throw the error code 2016-0247 "The MicroSD card cannot be read by the system." Please reinsert the MicroSD card[...]".

What baffles me is that it just won't work at all if a use SD partition when creating the emuMMC, just goes straight to a black screen with red letters.

MoeXzl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But you can start the OFW normally? Is your Emmc partition table error-free or is something missing?

Logenter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
But you can start the OFW normally? Is your Emmc partition table error-free or is something missing?
Yeah, OFW works fine, even CFW using Sysnand, only emuMMC doesn't work. I would assume the Emmc partition table should be error free since the switch is pretty new and it works with OFW but how do I check it? I'm gonna do it tomorrow.

As for things missing I don't think so, I format de SD card, partition it with Hekate and then create the emuMMC as a SD partition, and at that point nothing looks missing but it doesn't work either. Things start going crazy and corrupting when I create a emuMMC as a SD file though, but that's the only way I've made the emuMMC work so I'm against the wall here.

Last edited by Logenter,

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, OFW works fine, even CFW using Sysnand, only emuMMC doesn't work. I would assume the Emmc partition table should be error free since the switch is pretty new and it works with OFW but how do I check it? I'm gonna do it tomorrow.

As for things missing I don't think so, I format de SD card, partition it with Hekate and then create the emuMMC as a SD partition, and at that point nothing looks missing but it doesn't work either. Things start going crazy and corrupting when I create a emuMMC as a SD file though, but that's the only way I've made the emuMMC work so I'm against the wall here.
Did you replace the HAT files after creating the partition ? Hekate says it’s going to backup the files prior but this has never been the case for me. I always lose files or they get corrupted

Logenter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did you replace the HAT files after creating the partition ? Hekate says it’s going to backup the files prior but this has never been the case for me. I always lose files or they get corrupted
I do replace the files after partitioning the SD card, I've heard that's been a problem for some people so I do it now.
Post automatically merged:

Your problem is that your card is under gpt instead of mbr
I don't think that's the problem.

1716903753498.png

Guys I checked the Vendor Id for the eMMC of the console and it's a Toshiba (11). Could y'all do me a big favor and check if your switch have a toshiba eMMC? my personal switch has a Samsung (15) and works perfectly.
To check the vendor id go into hekate - console info - eMMC
My theory is that maybe It's the toshiba eMMC the one that's creating problems.
toshiba.jpg

Last edited by Logenter,

MoeXzl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In this case, the NAND is not the problem. Toshiba is said to be causing problems with glitching - and you can use OFW and CFW (Sysnand) that access the NAND without any problems. The error lies elsewhere.

Reactions: Logenter

Logenter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In this case, the NAND is not the problem. Toshiba is said to be causing problems with glitching - and you can use OFW and CFW (Sysnand) that access the NAND without any problems. The error lies elsewhere.
I see, makes sense, I'll have to keep digging then.

Ok guys remember when I said that if I create the emuMMC using SD File it actually boots into atmosphere but everything gets corrupted and messed up? I turned on the logs while booting and there are interesting differences when booting the emuMMC with SD partition and SD file.

Red letters and black background is SD partition
White letters black backgroud is SD file
unfortunately I'm no expert and can't make a guess on what all that means, maybe someone else can have an idea?

1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited by Logenter,

Logenter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Figured it out, it was the SD, I ordered brand new ones and everything went smoothly, I feel super dumb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...