Unable to play Brawl.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Quinn95, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Quinn95
    OP

Quinn95 Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2009
    United States
    My near launch Wii hasn't been able to play Brawl for a long time. I know it's the laser, and I've tried cleaning by following some youtube video, but that didn't help. I want to send it back to Nintendo, as I know it is under warranty for that defect, but I have loaded a lot of Homebrew onto it.

Will Nintendo look at it to see if there's anything on it? How do I remove things like cIOSs? Is there are guide to make your Wii completely hackless?

2. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    You can just play Brawl through USB Loader GX, but if you're trying to play Brawl by disc to use mods then I suggest you send it to Nintendo to repair that laser, of course you need to virginize your Wii before sending it, do you have BootMii installed as Boot2?

3. Quinn95
    OP

Quinn95 Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2009
    United States
    I want to play Project M, so I'm not sure if USB loading is even an option. I do have Bootmii installed as Boot 2.

4. The_Lost_Sabre

The_Lost_Sabre Naberius the Nauseous

Jan 19, 2008
    Canada
    The Void
    You can still play Project M using a USB Loader, though the setup for that is a bit different.

5. Quinn95
    OP

Quinn95 Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2009
    United States
    I wouldn't mind using a loader as long as it's not too expensive. I have this shitty USB harddrive called a WD My Passport. It has a virtual CD that boots when you use it on a PC that checks for a password to unlock it. There doesn't seem to be a way to disable this. Would I be able to use this on my Wii?

6. 3bbb7

3bbb7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    Check this thread out for launching it from an hdd http://gbatemp.net/threads/project-m-played-from-ssbb-on-hard-drive.289911/

Just format your drive

7. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    There definitely is not way to run the game by disc, I have a launch Wii too and I had to send it in. Like the others mentioned just use USB Loader GX or something.

8. Quinn95
    OP

Quinn95 Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2009
    United States
  9. RodrigoDavy

RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 9, 2011
    Brazil
    If you send it to Nintendo and they find any signs of piracy they will charge you almost the same price as a new wii and remove every pirate software. And, if you refuse to pay, they may even purposedly brick your wii before sending you back.

10. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    lolno, don't spread crap.

Sicklyboy and the_randomizer like this.
  11. RodrigoDavy

RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Look at what happened with this guy:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/cant-bel...d-in-a-repair-with-homebrew-installed.360175/

I also read a Nintendo document somewhere instructing tech support employees to charge much higher prices for fixing pirated products and if the client refuses to pay, reverse the product to the state it was before fixing.

I know it's nothing really confirmed, but why risk it?

12. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    It's not confirmed, and there's plenty of evidence on the contrary (such as the letter he screenshotted stating that all they're doing is returning it and then not charging him).

13. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    I've been in a similar situation. Nintendo sent mine back saying it was modded and not covered, What they offered was a replacement which cost the same as one new. I declined the offer and they sent my already bricked wii back and they even paid the return shipping. They was nice about that, the lesson I learned was not to send a Wii in with missing parts:tpi:

RodrigoDavy likes this.