Hacking Unable to play Brawl.

Quinn95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My near launch Wii hasn't been able to play Brawl for a long time. I know it's the laser, and I've tried cleaning by following some youtube video, but that didn't help. I want to send it back to Nintendo, as I know it is under warranty for that defect, but I have loaded a lot of Homebrew onto it.

Will Nintendo look at it to see if there's anything on it? How do I remove things like cIOSs? Is there are guide to make your Wii completely hackless?

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can just play Brawl through USB Loader GX, but if you're trying to play Brawl by disc to use mods then I suggest you send it to Nintendo to repair that laser, of course you need to virginize your Wii before sending it, do you have BootMii installed as Boot2?

Quinn95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play Project M, so I'm not sure if USB loading is even an option. I do have Bootmii installed as Boot 2.

Quinn95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can still play Project M using a USB Loader, though the setup for that is a bit different.

I wouldn't mind using a loader as long as it's not too expensive. I have this shitty USB harddrive called a WD My Passport. It has a virtual CD that boots when you use it on a PC that checks for a password to unlock it. There doesn't seem to be a way to disable this. Would I be able to use this on my Wii?

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
There definitely is not way to run the game by disc, I have a launch Wii too and I had to send it in. Like the others mentioned just use USB Loader GX or something.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you send it to Nintendo and they find any signs of piracy they will charge you almost the same price as a new wii and remove every pirate software. And, if you refuse to pay, they may even purposedly brick your wii before sending you back.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Look at what happened with this guy:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/cant-bel...d-in-a-repair-with-homebrew-installed.360175/

I also read a Nintendo document somewhere instructing tech support employees to charge much higher prices for fixing pirated products and if the client refuses to pay, reverse the product to the state it was before fixing.

I know it's nothing really confirmed, but why risk it?
It's not confirmed, and there's plenty of evidence on the contrary (such as the letter he screenshotted stating that all they're doing is returning it and then not charging him).

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
If you send it to Nintendo and they find any signs of piracy they will charge you almost the same price as a new wii and remove every pirate software. And, if you refuse to pay, they may even purposedly brick your wii before sending you back.
I've been in a similar situation. Nintendo sent mine back saying it was modded and not covered, What they offered was a replacement which cost the same as one new. I declined the offer and they sent my already bricked wii back and they even paid the return shipping. They was nice about that, the lesson I learned was not to send a Wii in with missing parts:tpi:

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Analog stick nipples
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea i have couple other sites I find Switch titles also and just looked, I don't see it out/leaked yet...(paper mario)
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Or even worse; circle pad ball fondlers like on the 3DS
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all...