Homebrew Question Unable to install Smash Bros Ultimate with Tinfoil 5.0 "Failed to Write Header"

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It waits until I install the entire thing then gives me error "Failed to write header" error followed by saying I either don't have enough space on my sd card (I just got a 512 gb and I have almost 300 gb free) or I was using exFat (I'm on Fat32) It was an XCI that I used on SXOS and now I'm switching to Atmosphere, but I tried converting it to nsp and it gave the same error. I checked in NSCB and there are no dlcs attached to it or updates. It still works as an XCI in SXOS but I just can't install it. I am on 9.0.1 and all the other XCIs I've tried to install have worked.

It shows as installed in data management but when trying to launch it it says "corrupted data has been deteced. Please run a check for corrupt data"

Last edited by EmulateLife,

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Easy fix, switch back to SX OS lol
Have you tried installing an nsp from ‘another source’ as opposed to converting your xci?

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would go back to sxos if they can fix flycast and presumably the upcoming saturn emulator but im not holding my breath.

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's because I used an old version of NSC Builder to convert what was originally an nsp to xci and they didn't have headers then or I did something wrong and converted it without a header, either way I'll just re-download the game if I can find it. Every link I try is dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5