Gaming Unable to get certain cheats to work/appear.

mikeym1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new here.

Erm, I've downloaded this file: 06_09_09_All.zip From you guys. Inside are several cheat files, rather, .dat files which are meant to be used for cheating. I've replaced my CHEAT.DAT file in the system folder of my R4 with the one from that database folder, but it only contained cheats for just a few games on my card. The same for the USERCHEAT.DAT file. I read that it contained updated cheats for about 1000 DS games? I may be wrong here, but I could have sworn I read that. So I'm sitting here wondering what I've done wrong, or why the files aren't working right. I'm mainly looking to use cheats for a lot of games (but mostly Pokemon Platinum), which is why I downloaded that first .zip file. Can anyone help me?

I'm using version 1.18 for the R4, if that helps any.

mikeym1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zeroneo said:
Read the ceat thread, R4 users need to change the cheat file or simply get the YSmenu.The what? How do we change the .dat file? I read the YSMenu has better compatibility. Is it easy to use?

QUOTE(crazyndsfan @ Jun 23 2009, 09:47 AM) using same R4 version as you
but it works for me
Are you using YSMenu, or made changes to your .dat file?

mikeym1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to ask this, because it's all pretty sad on my part. I downloaded everything I was instructed to to get YSMenu up and running, and I followed the instructions to the letter. On my R4, really, I found no changes. I'm probably doing something wrong, even though I followed precise instructions. So I'm thinking, perhaps someone would be so kind as to prepare the YSMenu for me? Like, all the files and such in one folder, ready for me to just drop the folder/files into my R4. Please?

mikeym1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=76

if you can't get ysmenu to work
just use the unofficial firmware 1.21 from r4li
it will display all cheats
After having registered, I get this message when clicking that link: You are not authorised to read this forum.

unsure.gif

Edit: Is it this one you're linking me to? http://www.r4li.com/download/r4_v1.21_kernel.html

Edit2: Oh my! I guess that was the one. xD It seems to load up just about every cheat for the games I have on my card. Awesome. Though, it's a little wierd, I get a little lag within the menu.

mikeym1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for the multiple posts, but I thought those people who use version 1.18 firmware, and would like a very simple solution to using Pokemon Platinum cheats, would be interested in this. I found this post at another forum, after having done a quick Google search on how to use PP cheats on an R4 with a firmware version of 1.18, and ran into this: http://www.r4ds-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f...p;t=3204#p19324

The download has cheats for other games, including Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars. But more importantly, it has GREAT codes for Platinum.
yaypsp.gif

SasukeTBITW

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Albania
mikeym1979 said:
Zeroneo said:
Read the ceat thread, R4 users need to change the cheat file or simply get the YSmenu.The what? How do we change the .dat file? I read the YSMenu has better compatibility. Is it easy to use?

QUOTE(crazyndsfan @ Jun 23 2009, 09:47 AM) using same R4 version as you
but it works for me
Are you using YSMenu, or made changes to your .dat file?
i don't know dude
i had no idea 'bout this either
my cousin fixed it up for me. all i know is i'm using the same R4 version as you
but since you fixed it
i guess you don't need anymore help

kenzspellz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
ok follow this steps as R4 have a problem.they only show some of the cheats."Note:if your cheat.dat have lots of game like the one the r4 put in for you,open r4cce and copy any random game into it and overwrite save the cheat.dat so that you will have a clean cheat.dat in ur microsd and then start following this steps"

1st:open 2 r4cce
2nd:the first r4cce,you open ur cheat.dat from ur microsd
3rd:the other r4cce you open the cheat.dat you downloaded from the database
4th:find the game cheats you need and right click on them and select copy
5th:next,paste them on the 1st r4cce with the cheat.dat you open from ur microsd
6th:save your cheat.dat and overwrite ur cheat.dat in ur microsd

happy cheating and i hope this helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1