Hacking 'Un hacking' my Wii

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, there are so many threads out there asking for people to help them un-hack, but most, if not all, are 1) old and 2) have Preloader installed. So, I've decided o make my own topic.

Basically, I have a Wiikey v1, I'm on 4.0E and I'd *like* to get back to 3.2E. I don't have BootMii or anything snazzy like that. I think I have cIOS installed, but I'm not even sure about that. I've not used it for quite a while, and I can't remember half of the stuff that I have put on there in the past. I have the HBC 1.0.5. There we are.

So, how would I go about 'un-hacking' it? I have a UK launch unit...and it's been formatted before because I got sent a very large message and was thus causing the Wii to crash in normal mode, so I had to go into service mode and reset it. ¬¬ I've got so much rubbish on my Wii and I just want to get rid of it.

^^

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Get bootmii as a boot2 replacement for sure before you do anything. You don't need preloader, you need this.

You also have to have an older boot2 than boot2v4, so you can't have done an official 4.2U update.

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
Why do you want to go back to 3.2e anyway? There's no benefit to downgrading.
...TBH I don't know. WAD Manager no longer works since I updated from 3.2E, so...
Maybe I'll just install BootMii. I'll have a look around and see what it actually does. ^^

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
if you want a TOTAl format, install bootmii as boot2 and use comex his nand formatter (read the readme !)

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, I've got BootMii installer as Boot 2 and it's all working.

Now, comex's NAND formatter...What's different about that formatting the console?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1