OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
moviecouple said:
If that last answer was for me... I already have cIOS36 Rev9 installed. So does that mean I already have
IOS36-64-v1042 installed? Even if I wanted to install the USB Loader 1.1... I don't need it for that either? Their guide shows:
theres no need for IOS36 WADs in this guide

QUOTE said:
How did you uninstall the IOS249? Using wad manager?
Use AnytitleDeleter to delete IOS249

Have tried with wired network connection (USB) and through wireless. No cigar... exception when initialising network
Clear your internet settings and set them again

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
just used this guide had no problems everything works great though i havent tried copying unofficial wiiware and VC yet

also is there a way for region free disc loading yet?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
For softmodded wiis, if I use wanikoko's to update to 4.0 from 3.2, will trucha signed games still be playable? If yes, will it be playable directly thru the disc channel? If not, must I reinstall cioscorp again? Is there any way of running games region free from the disc channel?

Lubbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
just a reminder/warning for when installing the IOS60 Patcher make sure you have all Gamecube Memory and Controllers unplugged otherwise it will freeze on Downloading 15/15

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
demonicstrife said:
No, no. You need to install 4.0 through the Firmware Updater THEN run the IOS60 patcher. If you're skipping the Firmware Updater step, then you're not installing 4.0, which voids the point of even coming to this thread. Plus, if you patch IOS60 now, and then install the system menu 4.0, it'll just overwrite the IOS60 with a nonpatched one.

Not entirely true, I downloaded and patched the IOS60 from kongnutz guide before updating to 4.0 and wiiware (downloaded) still plays off when it is copied to the SD.

dazzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dazzi said:
So to my understanding if i follow this guide update to 4.0E I will still be able to run Backups through the disc channel via CIOSCORP and not have to go through Backup Launcher 0.3 everytime?
Can someone by any chance please answer my question ?

Roth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HELP! I have 4.0 installed. I wanted to be able to load backups from the Disc Channel so I installed all the CIOSCORP WADs using WAD Manager 1.3.

Then I installed CIOS60BF.wad

Then I loaded up PreLoader 0.28

I ended up with system files corrupted. I held the reset but nothing happened.
I read through the thread and found it was an April Fool's joke, is that true?
I really hope not cause I set my date to about a month back.
A couple of people said they were able to launch HBC after system file corrupt and got it working "like a charm". How is this?
April Fools is over, how do I resolve this issue?

// Roth

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just to double-check: I've upgraded to 4.0 with Waninkoko's updater some days ago, but I'd like to reinstall everything to make sure I have everything I need installed. If I downgrade to 3.2 with HBC already installed, will I'll be able to follow this guide with a "clean slate", or will something be left installed on my Wii?

Roth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ But that's what is included in the latest SoftMii package.
So are you saying I need to find 0.29 to get it working?

// Roth

Lubbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Roth said:
HELP! I have 4.0 installed. I wanted to be able to load backups from the Disc Channel so I installed all the CIOSCORP WADs using WAD Manager 1.3.

Then I installed CIOS60BF.wad

Then I loaded up PreLoader 0.28

I ended up with system files corrupted. I held the reset but nothing happened.
I read through the thread and found it was an April Fool's joke, is that true?
I really hope not cause I set my date to about a month back.
A couple of people said they were able to launch HBC after system file corrupt and got it working "like a charm". How is this?
April Fools is over, how do I resolve this issue?

// Roth

when he says hold reset he means reset your wii and hold reset straight away which will bring up the preloader menu then go into HBC and reinstall preloader v.29

Posts merged

QUOTE(Joey Ravn @ Apr 3 2009, 10:25 PM) Just to double-check: I've upgraded to 4.0 with Waninkoko's updater some days ago, but I'd like to reinstall everything to make sure I have everything I need installed. If I downgrade to 3.2 with HBC already installed, will I'll be able to follow this guide with a "clean slate", or will something be left installed on my Wii?

it should be a 'clean slate'

9600pro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For people with error 001 and 002 in disc channel loading try to change the systemmenu IOS to 249 or 36 in preloader's settings. Work great for me.

dazzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone please help me out, with this guide can i boot backups through the disc channel after installing 4.0 or does CIOSCORP not work with it still?

Roth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lubbo said:
when he says hold reset he means reset your wii and hold reset straight away which will bring up the preloader menu then go into HBC and reinstall preloader v.29

I know that, but even still I keep getting the corrupt error with PreLoader 0.28
I can't put PreLoader 0.29 or any new files/folders on the SD card now cause the SD card seems to be write-protected if I don't successfully exit from the HBC to the Wii Menu.

I will try a new card and post my result in a few minutes.

// Roth

Lubbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
dazzi said:
Can someone please help me out, with this guide can i boot backups through the disc channel after installing 4.0 or does CIOSCORP not work with it still?

if you follow this guide completely then YES you can have cIOScorp on 4.0

Roth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright! The good news is I got PreLoader 0.29 running and got my 'boring boring Wii Menu' back.

The bad news is.. the games discs keep asking for Wii System Update.
Both original US discs and backup US games will ask for update. Other region backup discs are not even detected in the Disc Channel.

I just used WUFE to extract the WADs from a game to the SD root, but the Disc Channel still asks to update.
What should I do here?

[EDIT] Fixed! I had to go PreLoader's hack setting and enable skip disc updates.
But! Only US region games would be able to run on the Disc Channel since I own a US Wii system. Other regions do not run as it used to before updating to Wii firmware 4.0
..that is unless I load up AnyRegion Changer

There are my results! I hope this info is helpful to someone else reading this. \;D/

// Roth

lazlong

Trophies
XP
Country
Do I need to upgrade?

I only just bought a Wii a week ago. I have used the Zelda Hack and installed homebrew, Backup launcher, and the USB launcher.

I use wii brick blocker before I use a game or ISO and I only use PAL. My system is 3.3E.

What additional features would I get by upgrading to 4.0?

Is there any point at this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: