OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
i'm going to do this guide the way you have it but i have one question its about ios60 updater i know its step 4 on your guide but on the homebrew channel its says use this 3rd.sorry for all the posts even though i already know this guide works from all the posts i seen.
just follow the instructions in this topic for order

skfields01 said:
Is Softmii v2.1.1 the last or correct version to get the wads for Cioscorp?
yes that will work fine

QUOTE(JJBro1 @ Apr 2 2009, 06:21 PM)
ok i did all of that and it's still not working. I just put in an ordinary 512 mb card and it says the same thing so its not just sdhc it seems like the only card that can work is my 2gb sd that i've been using for the longest.
im sorry i dont know the cause but if one card works then you did the steps in this guide correctly

WhySoSerious70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well apparently everything isn't going as smooth as i thought. I installed a custom mios but the game only shows up in disc channel. When I try to load it I get the boot back to the system menu. Any ideas? Do I have to have Gamecube Launcher as a channel or on my SD card or something for this to work? Wii games work fine.

Nevermind I'm dumb. Didn't press X when I installed custom Mios, but still shouldn't games launch even without Backup Launcher present?

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why should we downgrade to 3.2 if we already have it? Won't that over write cios9?

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one question about Preloader. How can it prevent or help a system from being bricked? I was always under the impression that as long as you had cIOS36 rev8 or now 9... that there was always a way to recover.

WhySoSerious70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you probably need one of those too, but since preloader loads before the system menu, as long as you have HBC installed on your Wii you will be able to boot into that instead of the system menu. Then from there you can run Cios Downgrader & Ios Downgrader and recover. At least I believe that's how it works.

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone confirm that cios36rev9 is still there once you use ciosdowngrader on 3.2 to 3.2?

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have HBC and rev9. Just wasn't sure if I need preloader... as I hear too many people having problems. So i am conflicted at this time.

Looks like I don't really need CIOSCORP at this time because I load all my backups from either HBC or their own Backup Channel/GC Backup Channel. Or so I don't think I need it. Only thing that goes through the Disc Channel are my originals.

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moviecouple said:
I have HBC and rev9. Just wasn't sure if I need preloader... as I hear too many people having problems. So i am conflicted at this time.

Looks like I don't really need CIOSCORP at this time because I load all my backups from either HBC or their own Backup Channel/GC Backup Channel. Or so I don't think I need it. Only thing that goes through the Disc Channel are my originals.
preloader is good imo in any even that your wii gets bricked you can hold reset and power at the same time then it gives you the option to launch the homebrew channel without going through the system menu.

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it. So I put the preloader.dol (renamed to boot.dol) in the apps folder in its own file of course and then the hack.ini goes in the root directory of the SD card. Sound right?

Then what?

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moviecouple said:
Got it. So I put the preloader.dol (renamed to boot.dol) in the apps folder in its own file of course and then the hack.ini goes in the root directory of the SD card. Sound right?

Then what?

Run it from the Homebrew Channel.

WhySoSerious70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moviecouple said:

Then what?

Yes that's correct. Then you want to run preloader through HBC and install it.

Just thought that I'd mention once you install preloader it should take you directly into preloaders menu. If it doesn't and instead takes you into the system menu just power down the Wii (red light not yellow) power it back on and immediately press and hold the reset button. This will bring up preloaders menu and then make sure you go into preloader hacks and enable disc update blocking.

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems simple enough. What can I expect once it is installed. I guess it will boot directly to a preloader screen? Or maybe to the HBC? If I want to boot just into the normal Wii menu... Is there something about holding power and reset?

WhySoSerious70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moviecouple said:
Seems simple enough. What can I expect once it is installed. I guess it will boot directly to a preloader screen? Or maybe to the HBC? If I want to boot just into the normal Wii menu... Is there something about holding power and reset?

You'll never see the preloader menu except on initial install or when you hold the reset button at power up. it will always load the system menu unless you choose for preloader to boot into something else at start up.

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the key to get the preloader menu up (after initial) is to hold the reset button on start. Then there will be options like turning off Auto update or boot directly to HBC and so forth?

WhySoSerious70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moviecouple said:
So the key to get the preloader menu up (after initial) is to hold the reset button on start. Then there will be options like turning off Auto update or boot directly to HBC and so forth?

Yes after initial setup if you want back into preloaders menu just press and hold reset after powering up.

If your running 4.0 then there's not much to play with Systemmenu Hacks wise. The Preloader menu is setup like this:

Systemmenu = This takes you to the Wii's Menu
Homebrew Channel = This loads HBC
Installed File = Don't know how this works cuz I never used it.
Load/Install File = Same as above
Systemmenu Hacks = This is what the hacks.ini file is for. With 4.0 installed the only option I have is 'Skip disc update check' which I have enabled.

Settings = There are 8 option in the settings menu which are as follows:
'autoboot' = You can choose what you want the Wii to boot into when powering the system. These choices include Homebrew Channel, System Menu (I always keep this on), File & Disabled
'return to' = Don't know what this does so i leave it at default setting which is 'preloader'
'Shutdown to' = Again don't know but the only options are off and preloader
'Stop Disc' = I suppose this stops the disc from spinning unless it's needed. I have it set to off.
'Show beta updates' = Dunno but perhaps it shows when a new version of preloader is available.
'Light slot on error' = Makes the disc slot light come on when an error occurs?
'Ignore standby setting' = Some people set this to on because of fears Nintendo may auto update their Wii's without consent. I have it set to off because I fear nothing. LOL! Not really.
'System Menu IOS' = I wouldn't change it with a ten foot pole. Seriously, just leave it on default setting. (For me it's 60 with 4.0)

So in short. Just enable 'Skip disc update check' in Systemmenu Hacks and be done with fooling with it. It's all you really need until they can release a hacks.ini that allows more options.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JJBro1 said:
can someone confirm that cios36rev9 is still there once you use ciosdowngrader on 3.2 to 3.2?
yes cIOS Downgrader uses cIOS38 so it doesnt delete it. other CIOS may be removed but thats the only important one. other CIOSs are installed with CIOSCORP

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the second ios60 is taking a long time it got to 15of15 and its been stuck there.how long is this suppose to take.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
the second ios60 is taking a long time it got to 15of15 and its been stuck there.how long is this suppose to take.

someone tell me please 15of15 been done for a long time and i just need to deny one more thing after this.its probably possible my wii is bricked but i need to know if its taking longer than it should which is right now about 10-15mins should i just power off my wii and hope its not bricked.

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, this thread might be able to answer my question.

I first was softmodded with gamma .3. Then I bought a flatmii. I left all the backup loader software intact on my wii.

Then this SM 4.0 comes out. I followed a guide that worked good for me.. Only thing is......

I used to run all my backups though the disk channel with flatmii. After updating, I have found that some .iso's do not work now, and ONLY load through the backup loader.
I have never "ripped" my own backup, I just download the .iso's that I own off the net.

I am wondering if maybe some of these downloaded iso's are "trucha" signed and thats why they dont work from my disk channel?

I dont think I installed cioscorpv2.. Would I need this possibly?

Thanks

Edit) Would a "scrubbed" game be "trucha" signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."