BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
fst312 said:
the second ios60 is taking a long time it got to 15of15 and its been stuck there.how long is this suppose to take.

someone tell me please 15of15 been done for a long time and i just need to deny one more thing after this.its probably possible my wii is bricked but i need to know if its taking longer than it should which is right now about 10-15mins should i just power off my wii and hope its not bricked.

DO NOT POWER OFF YOUR WII.
It takes a while. A couple of times the update actually failed for me. I formatted my card and kept trying, and it eventually worked. But be patient.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlindDude said:
Ok, this thread might be able to answer my question.

I first was softmodded with gamma .3. Then I bought a flatmii. I left all the backup loader software intact on my wii.

Then this SM 4.0 comes out. I followed a guide that worked good for me.. Only thing is......

I used to run all my backups though the disk channel with flatmii. After updating, I have found that some .iso's do not work now, and ONLY load through the backup loader.
I have never "ripped" my own backup, I just download the .iso's that I own off the net.

I am wondering if maybe some of these downloaded iso's are "trucha" signed and thats why they dont work from my disk channel?

I dont think I installed cioscorpv2.. Would I need this possibly?

Thanks

Edit) Would a "scrubbed" game be "trucha" sighned?
I don't have a modchip, so I'm not sure what to tell you. However, if you're going to be running backups, then yeah, it might be a good idea to install CIOSCORP if the modchip isn't loading them. If you are going to install it, make sure to follow the directions on the front page exactly. Some people skim over them thinking they've read it and are suddenly "WTF happened!" So yeah. I you don't like it, just reinstall 3.2U/E or 4.0 through the Firmware Updater again.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just powered off and oped my wii i wasn't bricked so i just skipped to the preloader step is completing the ios60 step even important.i guess i just completed 30f 4 steps there
1.no
2.yes
3.yes hoping 15of15 is the whole step
4.never got to get to that step to say no

sorry demonicstrife in this case i said to myself if my wii bricks its bricks had to take my chances.a chance i will never take again.

EDIT
should i try to install ios60 again i already have the sd card feature what is the purpose oif iso 60 right now anyway and is this preloader really brick protection.is it because unless i looked wrong the wii has to start on preloader no matter what when it opens.for now all it has is skip disc update.

EDIT
never mind just noticed i had autoboot disabled.just set preloader to load to system menu.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, no. You need to install 4.0 through the Firmware Updater THEN run the IOS60 patcher. If you're skipping the Firmware Updater step, then you're not installing 4.0, which voids the point of even coming to this thread. Plus, if you patch IOS60 now, and then install the system menu 4.0, it'll just overwrite the IOS60 with a nonpatched one.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
demonicstrife said:
No, no. You need to install 4.0 through the Firmware Updater THEN run the IOS60 patcher. If you're skipping the Firmware Updater step, then you're not installing 4.0, which voids the point of even coming to this thread. Plus, if you patch IOS60 now, and then install the system menu 4.0, it'll just overwrite the IOS60 with a nonpatched one.

i did the 4.0 first the one i was stuck on for along time was the next step step 4 ios60.i followed all the instruction i just powered off because i was stuck on ios60 the second time i had to say yes for about 10-15mins with 15of15 saying it was done. and now i'm thinking if i should go through the ios60 now that i have preloader installed.i still need to install cioscrop.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did anyone else go through the step 4 problem like i did or was i the only one.
by problem i mean this

1.no
2.yes
3.yes hoping 15of15 is the whole step
4.never got to get to that step to say no

sorry if i repeated my self in the past posts about this but this is something i need to know.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so, you have 4.0 installed, and you attempted to install IOS60, and that worked. But when you tried to patch it, it hung on that step for a while? If that's the case, try again. Without patching it, you can't do much of anything related to WW/VC games playing on the SD Menu.

schmake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
assassda said:
schmake said:
I'm getting a Exception DSI when trying to run the Firmware Upgrader 4.0 app.
This happens straight after looking for network.
Network is fine, remotely launch dols fine. Anyone know what could be the issue?
PAL Wii, 3.2E with cIOS36 rev 9
launch all files through the homebrew channel and not through other dol loaders and it works

I have been trying to launch through the homebrew channel. I just renamed the dol to boot.dol and it's throwing an exception error? Any other tricks?

BoDGie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just tried to updating following the steps in the original post and have gotten nowhere (Except backwards).

Here's what i've done - Install the CIOS, Downgrade to 3.2E, Run Firmware updater, patch IOS60.
After rebooting my menu was still in 3.2E.

I tried from the start again, but this time downgraded to 3.2U - doing this changed my wii region to USA/NTSC (ugh!)
Tried the firmware updater and it errored out at downloading Weather Channel (USA)

So I used region changer to change back to EUR/PAL (I can play original games again now, but can't go to any of the menu options - Opera error).
*edit*
I tried firmware updater again and am now getting an error installing IOS61 - ERROR! (ret = -1010)

*update*

Make sure you have enough free blocks BEFORE trying to do anything

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought I'd read somewhere that preloader 0.29 needs IOS36-64-v1042... which is also used with the new USB Loader 1.1.

If so, or even for USB Loader... does installing this IOS36-64-v1042 hurt anything for use with HBC, Backup Launcher, GC Backup Launcher, Wad Manager 1.3, custom channels?

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
fst312 said:
fst312 said:
the second ios60 is taking a long time it got to 15of15 and its been stuck there.how long is this suppose to take.

someone tell me please 15of15 been done for a long time and i just need to deny one more thing after this.its probably possible my wii is bricked but i need to know if its taking longer than it should which is right now about 10-15mins should i just power off my wii and hope its not bricked.

take out all Gamecube Memory cards and controllers and that should do the trick

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoDGie said:
I have just tried to updating following the steps in the original post and have gotten nowhere (Except backwards).

Here's what i've done - Install the CIOS, Downgrade to 3.2E, Run Firmware updater, patch IOS60.
After rebooting my menu was still in 3.2E.

I tried from the start again, but this time downgraded to 3.2U - doing this changed my wii region to USA/NTSC (ugh!)
Tried the firmware updater and it errored out at downloading Weather Channel (USA)

So I used region changer to change back to EUR/PAL (I can play original games again now, but can't go to any of the menu options - Opera error).
*edit*
I tried firmware updater again and am now getting an error installing IOS61 - ERROR! (ret = -1010)
I had that exact same -1010 error trying to get mine to install until I formatted my SD and freed some blocks. And your system menu not being 4.0 after running the firmware updater is unexplainable, for me at least. Are you sure it fully installed without problems?

Try formatting your SD card with the Panasonic SD Formatter. Do that, install the cIOS just in case, and then run the cIOS Downgrader and install your 3.2E, and try to continue the steps as normal. That's all I can tell you for now.

WhySoSerious70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no. it's required for more than just preloader and should be installed. look for cios36 rev9. cant post links to cios's here but you don't need the wad if you have the wii connected to the internet. cios36 rev9 installer allows you to do a network install.

sorry this is intended for moviecouple. i forgot to quote.
tongue.gif

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WhySoSerious70,

If that last answer was for me... I already have cIOS36 Rev9 installed. So does that mean I already have
IOS36-64-v1042 installed? Even if I wanted to install the USB Loader 1.1... I don't need it for that either? Their guide shows:

Prep:
-Extract the usbloader.rar file into the root of your SD card.
-Stick the IOS36-64-v1042.wad file into the root of the SD card.
-Boot the Homebrew Channel, run the IOS installer
-Select "WAD Install", it should install automatically
-Reset Wii

dazzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So to my understanding if i follow this guide update to 4.0E I will still be able to run Backups through the disc channel via CIOSCORP and not have to go through Backup Launcher 0.3 everytime?

schmake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
assassda said:
schmake said:
I'm getting a Exception DSI when trying to run the Firmware Upgrader 4.0 app.
This happens straight after looking for network.
Network is fine, remotely launch dols fine. Anyone know what could be the issue?
PAL Wii, 3.2E with cIOS36 rev 9
launch all files through the homebrew channel and not through other dol loaders and it works

This is doing my head in!
hate2.gif

Using the Homebrew Channel to load the dol.
Have tried with wired network connection (USB) and through wireless. No cigar... exception when initialising network
Have taken the USB Gecko out of GC Memory Slot, no other GC Memory cards

No matter what, it will through an exception error!!
Anyone else even had this problem??

Omegax0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
schmake said:
hate2.gif

Have tried with wired network connection (USB) and through wireless. No cigar... exception when initialising network

Try uninstalling ios 249 and install rev8 again. Ever since I installed rev9 I got an exception error when when using network update in Waninkoko's apps. So I reinstalled rev8, updated to 4.0 and installed rev9 again.

Which leads me to my next question. I've installed everything like this guide says and updated just fine, but I still can't play unofficial wads from an sd card. Where did I go wrong?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Omegax0 said:
schmake said:
hate2.gif

Try uninstalling ios 249 and install rev8 again. Ever since I installed rev9 I got an exception error when when using network update in Waninkoko's apps. So I reinstalled rev8, updated to 4.0 and installed rev9 again.

Which leads me to my next question. I've installed everything like this guide says and updated just fine, but I still can't play unofficial wads from an sd card. Where did I go wrong?

How did you uninstall the IOS249? Using wad manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up