Ultimate PS3 Guide

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hack your console using PS3Xploit, bgtoolset is currently down so you either wait for it to be online again or you use one of the unsafe mirrors that could brick your console. Then you install any CFW (Evilnat 4.88/4.89 is fine) and you enable QA Flags. Now you can downgrade by installing any older CFW.

But I don't really see why you would want to do that, there's no real reasons to stay on older firmware except for using DEX instead of CEX

Reactions: ZTTQ

ZTTQ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hack your console using PS3Xploit, bgtoolset is currently down so you either wait for it to be online again or you use one of the unsafe mirrors that could brick your console. Then you install any CFW (Evilnat 4.88/4.89 is fine) and you enable QA Flags. Now you can downgrade by installing any older CFW.

But I don't really see why you would want to do that, there's no real reasons to stay on older firmware except for using DEX instead of CEX
Don't I need first to be on 3.55 FW after that I can install Evilnat 4.88/4.89 ?

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Don't I need first to be on 3.55 FW after that I can install Evilnat 4.88/4.89 ?
No need for that. Once the jailbreak is done, you can install any CFW of same or later version than the installed OFW. Console has to be downgradeable to 3.55 or earlier to be jailbreakable, but no actual downgrade is needed,

ZTTQ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No need for that. Once the jailbreak is done, you can install any CFW of same or later version than the installed OFW. Console has to be downgradeable to 3.55 or earlier to be jailbreakable, but no actual downgrade is needed,
So do you mean if I have PS3 slim I just use “MinVerChk” and if it is 3.55>X.XX I can install CFW without downgrading?

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So do you mean if I have PS3 slim I just use “MinVerChk” and if it is 3.55>X.XX I can install CFW without downgrading?
3.55 <= X.XX ;)

But yeah, once safe CFW install method is available, there's no need for downgrade, just install highest available CFW.

Then afterwards, once you are on CFW, you can set QA flag and then downgrade to any CFW, mostly people downgrade to 4.84 Rebug DEX. (Well it's good idea to set QA flag in any case. Worth of DEX CFW for most users is very debatable,)

Reactions: zfreeman and ZTTQ

ZTTQ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
3.55 <= X.XX ;)

But yeah, once safe CFW install method is available, there's no need for downgrade, just install highest available CFW.

Then afterwards, once you are on CFW, you can set QA flag and then downgrade to any CFW, mostly people downgrade to 4.84 Rebug DEX. (Well it's good idea to set QA flag in any case. Worth of DEX CFW for most users is very debatable,)
Why downgrade to 4.84 Rebug DEX. Is there any special features only on it? And when I install 4.84 Rebug DEX, do I just download it like an official update via storage media?

ZTTQ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DEX=DEveloper/DEbug. Used by devs of course. Then it's used for runtime modding (read cheaters) or people thinking DEX gives them street cred boost.

99.9% of users are fine using latest Evilnat,
Is there DEX for later versions? 4.88 or 4.89

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Basically yes, although switching from Rebug REX (you use D-REX only once you are already in DEX mode) into DEX kernel needs doing couple of things more, eid root key dump and rewriting target ID in flash. I've got a slim PS3 earmarked for dev/debug, but haven't done the change yet so cannot give exact procedure (yet).

//EDIT
That said, get accustomed on "regular" CFW first, with recent Cobra and upcoming changes on EN 4.89.3 the DEX features most users need (IMNSHO) are included already. Only switch over to DEX if you really need the DEX stuff.

Last edited by lwiz,

MrLeche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I kept my CFWed PS3 (I think it's on Habib) CECH2006-A and wanted to bring it to life. Not that it's dead but It's just that the lens doesn't read ps3 disc anymore. My CFW still needs some ISO to be booted by a legit PS3 Disc. Not all ISO needs it tho, but my ultimate question would be:

Is there a specific CFW or CFW version that would make all my ISOs run without asking for a pre-booting/mounting of a legit disc? It's just that I don't want to buy a new lens and tear open and install it on my PS3 if I really don't need to.

Thanks!

nubie

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I still using cfw ferrox 4.82 so far , really great other than can't play any ps1 classic games in this version

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I kept my CFWed PS3 (I think it's on Habib) CECH2006-A and wanted to bring it to life. Not that it's dead but It's just that the lens doesn't read ps3 disc anymore. My CFW still needs some ISO to be booted by a legit PS3 Disc. Not all ISO needs it tho, but my ultimate question would be:

Is there a specific CFW or CFW version that would make all my ISOs run without asking for a pre-booting/mounting of a legit disc? It's just that I don't want to buy a new lens and tear open and install it on my PS3 if I really don't need to.

Thanks!
You can find some NoBD CFW out there that may help you but I never had to use one so I'm not really sure of what they exactly achieve

ZTTQ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Thanks!
Update your PS3 to CFW no BD version.
Post automatically merged:

I don't really see benefit to update my cfw
Sorry i didn’t mean to reply to you.

Last edited by ZTTQ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM