Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
it wasn't my video but i remember seeing it already. and what does that have to do with anything? i've seen debbie does dallas several times and it's still good.

and it's not Gianpunt like a football kick. it's giantpune as in great big vagina.
Well, if you've seen Debbie Does Dallas then you should probably know it's poon...as in Wang Dang Sweet Poontang.

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thebobinc said:
lavamasta said:
G2K said:
Ive spent the past few days making a video mockup of what I'm aiming for. Tell me what you think?
dude i alredy saw this video a while back...

i also saw that video while ago ,

my roommate just confirm me that he already saw that video on my PC screen ,

don't remember if it was Gianpunt , or Don Killah , Cdream ... but i already saw that video
Let me guess.. was it on May 3rd?

lavamasta

Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
hahaha im sorry, i got back from school on a tiring day and saw the video and thought ive seen this before... thinking it was a new post. so really i was defending u... or trying to
tongue.gif
sorry about that. i didnt accuse u of stealing the vid. i\when i posted i remembered the username g2k lol XD

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lavamasta said:
hahaha im sorry, i got back from school on a tiring day and saw the video and thought ive seen this before... thinking it was a new post. so really i was defending u... or trying to
tongue.gif
sorry about that. i didnt accuse u of stealing the vid. i\when i posted i remembered the username g2k lol XD

Oh, yeah, that's probably why. I had the title of the thread changed to something that made more sense, so some of you probably thought I stole it from somewhere else, but this is still the same thread.

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
huh.gif

I'm curious to see if anyone has a solution; I'm trying to draw the background. The only way I can get it to draw normally is when I draw it before the main loop. The problem is, right before we render, it fills the screen to black, keeping the background up for about .75 seconds. If I remove this fill, the background doesn't render at all.

So I tried rendering IN the main loop, right before drawing the covers. This results in the screen flashing rapidly back and forth between drawing the covers and drawing the background (as expected). Is there any way I can get this to work?

I'm having a lot of trouble getting things working, so I'm probably going to need a partner soon (hint hint
wink.gif
)

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lavamasta said:
well i can sort of use photoshop... but i cant code really... if there's any thing simple like testing stuff u can contact me
wink.gif

I'm only really looking for coders, cause if it's not obvious by now I can use Photoshop
tongue.gif

And I'm not NEARLY ready for testing yet, but I'll let people who have asked know when the time comes.

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
G2K said:
lavamasta said:
well i can sort of use photoshop... but i cant code really... if there's any thing simple like testing stuff u can contact me
wink.gif

I'm only really looking for coders, cause if it's not obvious by now I can use Photoshop
tongue.gif

And I'm not NEARLY ready for testing yet, but I'll let people who have asked know when the time comes.
I'd be very happy to test, so add me to the list!
biggrin.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I haven't seen the code, but if you draw anything in the loop, it will keep drawing over and over. It will happen, it's science.

What you need to do is render first what you what behind the other stuff. (Render it FIRST!)

If you want stuff in different windows, it's a bit complicated, but just render the window that is to be behind other stuff first before other windows and it will show up behind what you want in front.

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
giantpune said:
well I haven't seen the code, but if you draw anything in the loop, it will keep drawing over and over. It will happen, it's science.

What you need to do is render first what you what behind the other stuff. (Render it FIRST!)

If you want stuff in different windows, it's a bit complicated, but just render the window that is to be behind other stuff first before other windows and it will show up behind what you want in front.
That's what I thought, but it still isn't working! It's almost as if it's filling the screen by itself somehow, but obviosuly that's not possible. I understand why it's doing the flickering thing, I just tried that to make sure I knew HOW to draw and that I wasn't doing it wrong.

Anyway, I think I might start from scratch instead of using a base - too many problems. I just don't know where to start if I start from scratch!

Leeuwtje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
less talking more coding would help the project
smile.gif

but would be nice if you can get this idea to work. looking out for a release

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this is a really stupid question, but how do I print a variable to the screen? When using GRRLIB_Printf(140, 270, font_title_small, 0xFFFFFFFF, 1, "%s", msg); for example, I know that the "%s" is the variable, but how do I assign a variable to a %_?

chicou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
G2K said:
I know this is a really stupid question, but how do I print a variable to the screen? When using GRRLIB_Printf(140, 270, font_title_small, 0xFFFFFFFF, 1, "%s", msg); for example, I know that the "%s" is the variable, but how do I assign a variable to a %_?

%s is the modifier, msg is your variable

strcpy(msg,"allo");
GRRLIB_Printf(140, 270, font_title_small, 0xFFFFFFFF, 1, "%s", msg);

should output your allo.

Chicou

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
chicou said:
G2K said:

%s is the modifier, msg is your variable

strcpy(msg,"allo");
GRRLIB_Printf(140, 270, font_title_small, 0xFFFFFFFF, 1, "%s", msg);

should output your allo.

Chicou

Thanks, one of those "duurrrr..." moments there
tongue.gif
. By the way, what does the modifier do then?

EDIT: just tried it, replaced "msg" with a float (levitate) and I got a code dump. Is there something else I need to do?

EDIT 2: OK, just realized what the modifiers do, but what's the difference between letters (ex. d and s)

EDIT 3: Nevermind, found out on my own, and fixed the code dump. For any future people who come across this problem; the modifier is the type of variable you want printed, if it's not set to the right type, *boom*. Search Google for a list of types.

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WOW this is annoying. Sorry guys, I definately won't be able to make the date I said. Rest assured though, no matter how long it takes I WILL finish it... eventually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol