UK police arrest 17 year old over recent Rockstar Games hacks

Instant 5 stars, me lad

City of London police, supported by the National Crime Agency's cyber crime unit, have detained a 17 year old male from Oxfordshire, United Kingdom over what appears to be an investigation regarding the recent and monumental Rockstar Games leaks of last week as well as other hacking attempts possibly related to Uber Technologies.

Rumours circulating on Twitter suggest he was operating as part of the hacking group Lapsus$. He remains in police custody at this time.

More details are expected to be released by the police or possibly FBI later today.

:arrow: Source

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lots of people mocking the UK police for this but it isn't their fault.

Police in the UK have to make regular arrests. If they don't, their moustaches begin to shrink and this signals to the other police that they're weaker. Runts that fall too far behind are cannibalised and their skeletons are hung from London Bridge where tourists and urchins can throw stones at them.

So before you meme on our police force maybe read a god damn book.

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly doesn't deserve anything more than a slap on the wrist. The majority of the blame falls on Rockstar for failing to secure their shit.
Even governments can't secure their shit. Getting hacked is not a matter of if, it is a matter of when. Although it's totally possible he exploited some massive security failure on their part, it's also possible that he's a talented hacker that found a clever exploit. Unfortunately, offense has a massive advantage over defense in cybersecurity and there are no signs of that changing any time soon.

KitChan

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Honestly doesn't deserve anything more than a slap on the wrist. The majority of the blame falls on Rockstar for failing to secure their shit.
The Texas school shooter doesn't deserve anything more than a slap on the wrist. The majority of the blame falls on the kids for not wearing their Stark Industries armor suits to class.

TeamInject

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give this kid a medal. All they did was prove Rockstar has piss poor policies and programs in place to help prevent this.
For real. Like GTA 5 has been out for 9 and a half years now and there has barely been any confirmation or anything about if the game was actually going to be released or not. Such a chad move.

Reactions: Kioku

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Most braindead comment I could expect is the first already, spares me browsing through the rest of the garbage some people gotta state besides knowing they are just entitled kiddos who think "big company bad". How convenient!

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
what a bunch of assholes!
also LapSUS$, SUS SUSSY BAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
but why did he have to be british i dont like them

Most braindead comment I could expect is the first already, spares me browsing through the rest of the garbage some people gotta state besides knowing they are just entitled kiddos who think "big company bad". How convenient!
I was waiting for this one, surprised it took that long tho

Reactions: Maximumbeans
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guess if he was in them USA, Crapstar's or Take2Shits would've just directly sent assassins to take him out?
Iirc, they did send like some mobs to "warn" a guy making mods for GTA to, well, stop doing so?
Really classy corpo move.

You forgot this
51Sj9pu3N+L.jpg

And welcome to my ignore zone, feel free to rot in there, corporate bootlicker.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste