Hacking UK Owners - Have you bought from these guys?

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm curious if anyone has bought from http://www.modchip-store.co.uk/home.php before?

I placed an order last week, and it hasn't arrived yet. They state 1-5 days for standard shipping charge at £1.80 and then £6 for next day. I paid for standard shipping, and I've contacted them twice over their online email thing, but have yet to hear from them. I then googled them after I ordered from them and discovered this worrying thread http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11237 So I'm wondering whether I'm SOL since I can't find any other way to contact them, no address, no telephone number, just email.

Let me know if you've ordered from them and have had success because I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed next. Following that thread I should call my bank, but have to wait 30 days, well it hasn't been that long yet.

Any advice?

Cheers

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Yes, i have used modchip-store.co.uk, once, and never again.

They say on their site if you order before 3pm your item will posted the same day, i even paid the extra £6 next day delivery.

After numerous e-mails from me, in which only 1 of these e-mails got answered, i did eventually receive my item 2 weeks later, bearing in mind i paid the extra £6 next day delivery.

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ooooooooooooooh sorry mate, that site sucks! have also had trouble with them in the past!!

Im in the UK too, I recommend 'http://www.hanger.org.uk/h/hangershop/' to everyone in the UK, the prices are cheap, full official items, very very fast free delivery. I ordered my acekard2i for £9.00 on a special offers day and it arrived the next morning, no lie!!!

Amazing service!!!

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fishykipper said:
ooooooooooooooh sorry mate, that site sucks! have also had trouble with them in the past!!

Im in the UK too, I recommend 'http://www.hanger.org.uk/h/hangershop/' to everyone in the UK, the prices are cheap, full official items, very very fast free delivery. I ordered my acekard2i for £9.00 on a special offers day and it arrived the next morning, no lie!!!

Amazing service!!!

Whoa! they are expensive. £18.95 for an Acekard, and if you want it updated to 1.4 they want another £4.95. They were only costing £8 from DX, £19 is a bit steep.

Personally I would buy from 7DayShop £11.99 for an Acekard 2i. Standard price, not a special offer, doesn't require voucher codes etc. I brought 2 in January (were £10.99 before they put the price up) and they were fine.

They also do the 8GB Toshiba MicroSD cards which are known to get read speeds of 20MB/s for £11.49

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't forget that we've just come out of an Easter weekend which affects postal services. It took an extra 3 days for my laptop cooler to arrive from Hong Kong.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tattar8 said:
Why not just buy from ShopTemp?

As they want it to get there fast ( Even though Shoptemp is shipping and people are getting items in less than a week which is amazing for a HK based factory ), and sometime you just like to order from your own country, makes you feel patriotic
biggrin.gif

I've used the Hanger before and I have had no problems with them, I don't really mind about shipping times though and so have recently moved to Shoptemp
biggrin.gif

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So what can I do about this guys? Can I even get my money back? I'm not familiar with these procedures because I've never been burnt like this before. So damn annoying. I placed the order because I thought I| would get it in a few days rather than a few weeks, as has been mentioned. I just wish I didn't place that order now.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have used them they are located in england. I didn't have problems with them when I bought my ds-xtreme and ps2 boot disc thing, They aren't scammers.

They used to have a phone number you could contact them with, try emailing them.

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've sent them another email now. I also found out that I can't get my money back since I paid by debit card, so that money is gone. They don't even respond though, and they have any other contact details other than an online email form.

I hope I get my item, but at this stage it looks like I have been scammed. I did sort of tell them that if they didn't tell me what was going on and why my item hadn't arrived i would let others know about it. probably not the smartest move on my part, but I'm pissed off for false advertising. I might have to contact trading standards to get anything back, and even if I don't get my cart because of my email, at least i'll get them in trouble so they won't rip off someone else.

hunnymonster

Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently there's a town in France called "Kirkby In Ashfield"...

Result of WHOIS query:

Domain name:
modchip-store.co.uk

Registrant:
modchip-store.co.uk

Trading as:
modchip-store

Registrant type:
Non-UK Corporation

Registrant's address:
9 rue des theus
Perpignan
Kirkby In Ashfield
France
France
France

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so much for a whois, if they are based on france, then why are they advertising as a UK shop, with UK delivery times.

I sent them a fourth/fifth email to say that I didnt' want to take any action that'll give them 30 days to send me the product, but after that i'm contacting trading standards, which I will do.

hunnymonster

Trophies
XP
Country
sekhu said:
so much for a whois, if they are based on france, then why are they advertising as a UK shop, with UK delivery times.

Well... with my cynical chapeau on... if they weren't intending to send anything, then it wouldn't matter would it (I note that they say recorded delivery only gives £28 cover - in fact it's 100 x the face value of a first class stamp - and they've not been 28p for a loooooooooong time).

Internet makes it easy to set up a shop front in any country - voice over IP even allows you to set up a local phone presence in many cases for free...

Mozstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anything you buy via Airmail at the moment is gonna be delayed at least another week, what with the volcano ash cloud..
tongue.gif

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi folks,

well i need some advice. it's been a month since i ordered my cyclods - i have sent them maybe 6 or 7 emails asking where it is. they took my money but haven't sent the item. what are my options and what should i do. i'm not up to speed with consumer law so I don't know what my position would. Can I get them investigated, even though I ordered a cyclo ds? so they may want to know what it does. play homebrew of course. 35 quid wasted really, and the dstwo is still not out yet, so i'm without a flashcart
frown.gif

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i recently orderd my acekard from a uk based shop and it took just over 2 weeks to arrive, u might have done urself over with sending them emails. but they should definatly send the item see if you can get there phone number and send them emails asking whats happenin telling them they are a piss take.
well good luck with geting ur cyclo ds hopefully u can get it sorted

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well the damn thing finally arrived, and it looks ok, though i haven't tried it yet.

I guess the lesson here ts not to buy without doing your research first. I thought "UK shop must good, oh great shipping times etc".

I'll never buy from them again. Useless.

Thanks everyone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.