craplame

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My sister is upset with me because I kind of accidently got something on her yellow Northface jacket. It's newspaper ink on the sleeves and both sides of the pockets. I did the same thing before on her black Northface. I got paint on the black one. They're both HyVent DT and I don't know how to remove the stains on both of them. And now my mom's mad at me. :-/ I was wondering if anyone could help figure it out? Ugh, life sucks when both your mom and sister are mad at you.

Anyways, I noticed that I have a really bad self-esteem problem. I hated middle school because people used to call be ugly either to my face or behind my back. Just because I didn't have the nicest clothes or I wasn't pretty enough. I always wonder what the heck did I do to piss them off... and that lead me to become depressed which led me to become suicidal at one point. I don't constantly think of death as often. But, now I can't trust anyone in fear that I'll be hurt by their words. I don't even have a single real friend since I dropped out. I used to think I was going to end up crazy. This makes me upset. But, I'm back in school which is good. I just don't know how to make friends or be sociable anymore.

Sorry for this emo post but I just had to get out somewhere.

craplame

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
Just try to talk to some people. Find people that have the same interest you do.

It's kind of hard to find people that have the same interests I have. They're already in their own little cliques. But thanks for the advice.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
In a way I guess you could say that's a good part of being in private schools, since most have you wear a uniform, so everyone dresses the same
tongue.gif
And just be yourself, as cliché as it may sound X3. Generally by just being me at least someone talks to me which has led to me getting a few friends. Then again I'm not the most sociable person so maybe you should get advice from someone else...

craplame

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
In a way I guess you could say that's a good part of being in private schools, since most have you wear a uniform, so everyone dresses the same
tongue.gif
And just be yourself, as cliché as it may sound X3. Generally by just being me at least someone talks to me which has led to me getting a few friends. Then again I'm not the most sociable person so maybe you should get advice from someone else...

I wished I could have went to a private school in middle school. But, I wanted to go to the school I wanted to because my best friend from K-5 was going there but in the end we stopped talking all together. Haha, most of the people I go to school with still care about what shoes they have and what kind of car they drive. But, thanks! Hopefully, someone will accept me for me.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
craplame said:
fudgenuts64 said:
Just try to talk to some people. Find people that have the same interest you do.

It's kind of hard to find people that have the same interests I have. They're already in their own little cliques. But thanks for the advice.
I know what your going through, i never had a friend either, and i was insulted and made fun of a lot. infact i only made friends once, because my dad moved in with some girl and his kid, and i became good friends with him from living with him. he introduced me to more people, and eventually i was friends with everyone in the school. Unfortunately, this all happened in my last year of school, before that i was rather unfortunate.

Anyway, Don't feel so down. We're your friends! or, at least i am!
moogle.gif

Im not sure how to make friends, i was never good at it, either. i would try doing something cool? Wear some awesome shirt or bring something awesome to school, something that the other kids would almost HAVE to talk to you about. i know it can be a bit hard to go up to someone and talk to them, when you almost know they will reply with "Who asked you, Fag." But yeah, if you can get them to talk to you first, one friend leads to another, i suppose.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Join debate.

My friend count before debate (first year after move): 9
Count after debate: 29...and growing (second year after move)

And I'm only counting the good friends.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm lucky I have the friends I have. I have some rather odd qualities but I'm pretty much accepted by everyone in my grade. Only a few people really dislike me.

craplame

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bunie said:
craplame said:
fudgenuts64 said:

I know what your going through, i never had a friend either, and i was insulted and made fun of a lot. infact i only made friends once, because my dad moved in with some girl and his kid, and i became good friends with him from living with him. he introduced me to more people, and eventually i was friends with everyone in the school. Unfortunately, this all happened in my last year of school, before that i was rather unfortunate.

Anyway, Don't feel so down. We're your friends! or, at least i am!
moogle.gif

Im not sure how to make friends, i was never good at it, either. i would try doing something cool? Wear some awesome shirt or bring something awesome to school, something that the other kids would almost HAVE to talk to you about. i know it can be a bit hard to go up to someone and talk to them, when you almost know they will reply with "Who asked you, Fag." But yeah, if you can get them to talk to you first, one friend leads to another, i suppose.

Thanks a lot for your advice, Bunie. It seems helpful.

QUOTE(worlok375 @ Nov 3 2010, 07:17 PM)
Join debate.

My friend count before debate (first year after move): 9
Count after debate: 29...and growing (second year after move)

And I'm only counting the good friends.

I'm trying to get my high school diploma in a community college. Man, I wished I could have joined a club when I was still in high school. Thank a lot though! I wonder if there is a club at my community college I could join.

@fudgenuts64 I know there are people out there with similar interests and everything. Your school sounds friendly though.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You can't worry about what other people might think about you. You need to worry about yourself. People place to much importance on material things like shoes, clothes and cars. They worry that what they don't have might make people like them more or help them fit in better and it's just not true. As for getting the newspaper ink off of your sisters jacket you might try some Spray Nine. It's an alkaline cleanser kinda strong we use it here where I work but I have seen it in consumer strength in some stores. I use the stuff here at work to get printing ink out of my cloths at home but if it's more than a small spot it probably won't get it completely out.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
@fudgenuts64 I know there are people out there with similar interests and everything. Your school sounds friendly though.
Very friendly. No matter what new kid comes into my school they always end up being accepted into some group or another. I hang out with everyone though, I don't consider myself apart of a specific group.

craplame

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@431unknown I know I can't worry but in the end I keep thinking about what they said over and over again and wonder why. I need to stop caring about what others think. Spray Nine sounds very strong. I heard Oxi Clean will get it out, hopefully. But, if it doesn't I'll try Spray Nine. Can you buy it anywhere?

@fudgenuts64 That's cool, I wished I was like that. I kind of want to be friends with everyone. But, I don't think I have a lot in common with the people I go to school with.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
craplame said:
@431unknown I know I can't worry but in the end I keep thinking about what they said over and over again and wonder why. I need to stop caring about what others think. Spray Nine sounds very strong. I heard Oxi Clean will get it out, hopefully. But, if it doesn't I'll try Spray Nine. Can you buy it anywhere?

I've seen it the local walmart and a few other grocery stores around where I live in PA.

It's a green and white bottle with a brite red logo.

Was the ink wet? or was it just rub off from a newspaper?

I can't think of anything that will get paint out tho.

I never tried Oxi Clean but since the late Billy Mayes pitched it it has to be good.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For the self esteem thing, nobodies perfect.
Nobody.
So when a person insults, or treats someone poorly for no particular reason...it's often because they have a flaw they generally want to draw attention from, or they simply have self-esteem issues themselves.
Beauty and such is subjective. Someone might be gorgeous to one person, and hideous to another. As well there are times a person will be threatened by someone elses 'good looks' and will seek to attack them to try and feel better about themselves.

Overall, people can be real dumbasses to eachother, it's best not to ever take bullying/insults like that seriously. I let others ruin my life up until the end of Grade 8. Once I started grade 9 I was a completely different person, and all it took was realizing that the only opinion that truly matters was my own.

Sorry if this post isn't that clear. I just woke up, so keeping focus to make the point I want to make seems to be annoyingly difficult xD

Anyways, reading over some posts. About friends.
I can't really say i'm an expert on friends, at all. I had probably 1-3 actual friends all through highschool (in real life). Though, they were moreso friends in class then anything. I rarely hung out with them outside of class time, besides my friend who has been my friend since around Grade 1. (though, come Grade 12 he started hanging out with the wrong crowd and we stopped hanging out at all during school hours).
I really survived off of internet friends. My best friends ever have been internet ones. So if you have trouble making friends in real life, grab some internet ones.
I'm sure you could easily find some here around the Temp.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My advice is to take it one step at a time. The first people you learn about are people in class. Not all people are like those that hassled an belittled you. There has to be someone you can sit with at lunch who wouldn't mind. Hmm, list out your classes. If you have something like art or a computer class, then you could find common ground with someone relatively easily.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night