Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My Creative Zen died. It honestly, won't connect to the computer since it won't even get detected by the USB.
I connect it, nothing.
I connect it to charge, nothing.
Now, it won't even turn on.
No warranty.

Now, I am looking for a new Media Player ...
My PSP isn't that great, when it comes to sound. When my Zen was still alive, I compared the sound quality and they were completely different which brings me to a conclusion that i need an actual Media Player.

So far, I've seen the...
- Cowon S9 [It's really nice. read the features and reviews, and it gets awesome ones]. $220 @ NewEgg.ca
- Samsung YP-P3 [wow. I just looked at it, and it looked nice. I read some really good reviews on it, and it seems to be compared to the S9. Some people prefer the S9 and some prefer the P3]. $150 @ BHPhotoVideo.com
- Nationite S:Flo2 [It looks nice too. Ah man, so much to choose from...] 8GB for $130 @ MP4Nation.net or 16GB for $160 @ MP4Nation.net

Those are cheapest retailers I can find... I take in suggestions, but the most, I am expecting to pay is $300. Will be used for Videos and Music. I can expect that the longest duration I will be using it for is 6 hours so battery life must be at a minimum of 6 hours. Nothing above $300 by the way. Want some decent support and a nice GUI. Nothing sloppy or bad looking xD. Oh and the Zune HD looks nice, but I am not sure where to buy it in Canada... Any sites that ship here at least?

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
Splych said:
I don't want the iPod.
Over priced, not versatile with different formats, want to rebel against the trends.
High ranked in terms sound quality, high capacity, why the hell are you using any format other than MP3, why do you feel the need to listen to lossless audio, anyone buying an iPod because it's trendy is an idiot.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Splych @ Mar 20 2010, 02:48 PM) EDIT: And it's above my price, $300 with tax. [the touch]
FUCK YO TOUCH SHIT GET A CLASSIC

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BeatriceTheGolden said:
Splych said:
I don't want the iPod.
Over priced, not versatile with different formats, want to rebel against the trends.
High ranked in terms sound quality, high capacity, why the hell are you using any format other than MP3, why do you feel the need to listen to lossless audio, anyone buying an iPod because it's trendy is an idiot.
By format he may mean video's ( Because the compatibility for video's suck
tongue.gif
But I love my touch ) but we can't force him to buy an Ipod. I like the second one you mentioned, looks really nice

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
danny600kill said:
I like the second one you mentioned, looks really nice
Samsung P3's GUI has really shitty response. The only cool shit you can do with it is MAKE PHONE CALLS OH SHIT

QUOTE(Slyakin @ Mar 20 2010, 03:11 PM) Zune.
WORST SOFTWARE EVER. Even worse than iTunes on Windows (is that an accomplishment?)

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
iPods are utterly overpriced, you could easily find a cheaper media player with good quality. Also they're fragile pieces of shit in terms of build quality. lolbattery

Sansa players are great for music. Great quality, Rockbox, small form factor. For movies a Zune Classic works.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
BeatriceTheGolden said:
Advice Dog said:
iPods are utterly overpriced, you could easily find a cheaper media player with good quality
The classic line is competitively priced for its capacity and iPods have top-tier SQ.
True about the classic but Apple slowly phasing it out in favor of the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad. It usually phases out quality for trendiness. Also, my gifted iPod touch isn't the best I've ever heard.

Plus, who the fuck wants to download an third-party manager and use weird-ass controls just to use the filesystem? Plus accessing the core files away from a PC costs $4. You're not in control of all the music you bought, Apple is, because even if it isn't from iTunes you can only sync with one computer, so if you get a new computer then you're screwed, because Backup in iTunes is next to useless outside of jailbreaking.

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
Advice Dog said:
You're not in control of all the music you bought, Apple is, because even if it isn't from iTunes you can only sync with one computer, so if you get a new computer then you're screwed, because Backup in iTunes is next to useless outside of jailbreaking.
...Why would you EVER rip audio from a CD with iTunes?

EAC, transcode.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I think my Zen is dying too...the screen's a bit broken around the edges and the battery's not really lasting too well. I need a new one soon.
I share your hatred of iPods but for me an iPod Touch is something I would like. Why? Because its different from almost every other MP3 Player out there (unlike the normal iPod which is just an MP3 player with more limitations on it such as being forced to use iTunes) though the bad video formats are annoying but I have a PSP for that now.

Anyway this topic is turning into an iPod argument! There are new versions of the Zen out with Touch Screen or X-Fi additions, perhaps it would be a good idea to check those out?
Let me know what you decide on and how decent it is! Maybe I can try and look up something similar.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
BeatriceTheGolden said:
Advice Dog said:
You're not in control of all the music you bought, Apple is, because even if it isn't from iTunes you can only sync with one computer, so if you get a new computer then you're screwed, because Backup in iTunes is next to useless outside of jailbreaking.
...Why would you EVER rip audio from a CD with iTunes?

EAC, transcode.
Lol, not CD ripping, I have epic softwarez for that already

I'm talking about backing up data on the iPod in case something goes wrong. Maybe you accidentally lose it. Smashed on the sidewalk. Battery defect, need to send it in to be replaced. Either way a lot of stuff on your iPod will be lost forever if you don't use sharepod or something, which can be painful when you also need iTunes to use an iPod at all.

BeatriceTheGolde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
tempchan.co.cc
XP
Country
Canada
Advice Dog said:
I'm talking about backing up data on the iPod in case something goes wrong. Maybe you accidentally lose it. Smashed on the sidewalk. Battery defect, need to send it in to be replaced. Either way a lot of stuff on your iPod will be lost forever if you don't use sharepod or something, which can be painful when you also need iTunes to use an iPod at all.
...what?

What are you putting on your iPod that you don't have copies of on your computer?

Are you wary of losing your precious settings?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOL. It has turned into a war for iPods and others. Honestly, I just don't want to support iPod. Having to use their strict software just to sync music, and the other iPod products are over priced IMO. I also want to find other alternatives since I am reading that there is just better media players out there. I don't want to go back to the Zen since I already had one.

Been recommended:
- Samsung YP-P3 [I like the GUI, but have read a few issues of how it is not very responsive. I am willing to sacrifice that, but we'll see other alternatives]
- Zune HD [they don't sell them here in Canada, but will see if I can import one]
- Sansa [GUI doesn't look very appealing to me...]
- iPhone [LOL. nty]
- other Zen Products [I feel that I am only going to be expecting the same sound quality as the original Zen]

Blah... This thread attracted iPods and what not... I will do some more research on these players, but after looking simply at screenshots, these are the only ones I feel interested in:
- Cowon S9
- Samsung YP-P3
- ZuneHD [even with the strict software like the iPod's, I own an Xbox too which makes me slightly interested in connectivity between the two]
- S:Flo2

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
BeatriceTheGolden said:
Advice Dog said:
...what?

What are you putting on your iPod that you don't have copies of on your computer?

Are you wary of losing your precious settings?
I had to get a new computer. Feels bad, man...

Point is, something as simple as a music player shouldn't be that extremely inconvenient. I just want to put a few songs on once in a while, not have to do the damn tedious syncing process over and over again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1