Hacking Ugg! More questions

Kiriashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can't get moonshell to work on mi AK2 for some reason... It just plays random noises...
frown.gif
And how to I play videos on it?

Also, how do I ADD a cheat file, because there are no cheats for Trauma Center and my friend wants them. Isn't there an easy way to do this?

nesDS and snesDS! Can somebody help me out with these? I didn't use SnelmuDS or whatever because the graphics, sounds, and controls were all messed up (on Super Metroid) so I moved on to snesDS and it wouldn't load Super Metroid at all!! nesDS is great, except the controls are weird, can somebody tell me how to set them? Pressing A,B,X,Y are all set to the B button
frown.gif
! I can't play zelda with just b and the d-pad!!

Thankyou for your help, I was in a hurry when I typed his out!

~Kiriashi~
wacko.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
these are all questions that you can answer yourself if you just took the time to do a bit of research. moonshel plays dpg files, so encode a dpg video file and play it. mp3s play back just fine as do some other formats. if you hear only weird sounds your files are not encoded correctly. snesds is a port of the gba version and as i remember it only supports a handful of games. you are limited now to your choices as snes emu for the ds has not progressed in some time. nesds works great, but not with the official acekard firmware. the buttons by default are Y and B (B and A). you can change them in the touch screen menu. with akaio you can use the wifi feature to download the latest cheat file. otherwise you will need to visit narin's thread and download the right file, then simply place it in the correct folder.

-another world

Kiriashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gee your helpful..
huh.gif
Isn't the point of forums for the most part to help people in need? Maybe I should not come to GBAtemp anymore...

When I googled Acekard help, I got this site, that must an been an error..

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kiriashi said:
Gee your helpful..
huh.gif
Isn't the point of forums for the most part to help people in need? Maybe I should not come to GBAtemp anymore...

Yea, At GBAtemp we are here to help. But, Another World was just being honest with you. I would've acted like that too, but maybe a little more enthusiasm since I think I am younger than him.

Going to this site is not an error. This site has already helped people that we here longer than you think. I have been here a few months and some people already know me by who I am.

It may also be because of the way you asked for help. The style may have made some people react in a way you weren't expecting.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Actually, you miiiiiiiiight want to get anotehr download of MoonShell. Bad DL?
ph34r.gif

Also, integrating MoonShell into your firmware might improve quality (I think it has for me :wtf:)

(ask if you wanna know how)

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nessie said:
Actually, you miiiiiiiiight want to get anotehr download of MoonShell. Bad DL?
ph34r.gif

Also, integrating MoonShell into your firmware might improve quality (I think it has for me :wtf:)

(ask if you wanna know how)
When you integrate MoonShell into your AceKard firmware, do you mean set it as default, or just load it like any other homebrew/game?

If you can integrate it, and then make it your default, then tell meh~! I want to make it default instead of LMP so whenever I load a .mp3 file from the AceKard explorer, I want it to be loaded with MoonShell~!

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
well I only know how to load MoonShell, not make it load the song you want from the AK firmware...........

But if you feel like figuring THAT out........

1. Copy your MoonShell ROM. Make one ROM named "MoonShell.ak2" and the otehr one named "MoonShell.ak4".

2. Put both folders in __aio ---> plugins.

3. Put the "moonshl" folder in __aio.

4. Open plugin.ini.

Inside it lists the default plugins for certain files. Rename .mp3's default with MoonShell.ak4.

BEFORE

QUOTE said:
[system]
Files=.txt,.mp3,.ogg,.lac,.dsv,.dsm

[Association]
txt=textview.ak4
mp3=lmp-ng.ak4
ogg=lmp-ng.ak4
lac=lmp-ng.ak4
dsv=DSVideo.ak4
dsm=dsmplay.ak4

AFTER

QUOTE said:
[system]
Files=.txt,.mp3,.ogg,.lac,.dsv,.dsm

[Association]
txt=textview.ak4
mp3=MoonShell.ak4
ogg=lmp-ng.ak4
lac=lmp-ng.ak4
dsv=DSVideo.ak4
dsm=dsmplay.ak4

There you go. Unfortunately so far I can only load up MS normally by picking the MP3 from AKAIO........

Also:

[system]
Files=.txt,.mp3,.ogg,.lac,.dsv,.dsm,.dpg

[Association]
txt=textview.ak4
mp3=lmp-ng.ak4
ogg=lmp-ng.ak4
lac=lmp-ng.ak4
dsv=DSVideo.ak4
dsm=dsmplay.ak4
dpg=MoonShell.ak4

Add the bolded to make DPGs browsable.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah well, I don't mind. It was just that I was wondering if this was a true thing that was possible.

I don't know if anyone has accomplished this, but if they have, they have to message me asap, since i am too lazy to tinker around with my AceKard firmware xD

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Echo said:
Ah well, I don't mind. It was just that I was wondering if this was a true thing that was possible.

I don't know if anyone has accomplished this, but if they have, they have to message me asap, since i am too lazy to tinker around with my AceKard firmware xD
It's not the firmware............you just need to set MoonShell to boot a specific file through AK...........

I just haven't done so myself.
tongue.gif

Kiriashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOH! What a huge amount of replies! So Nessie, what were you saying? I couldn't understand the integrating bit.. I just can't et moonshell to work. I got nesDS up and running just fine, but SneMulDS and snesDS wouldn't run Super Metroid...
frown.gif
. Also, I ran the cheat update and still no Trauma Center cheats. Can't I just add a cheat manually? And please help me out on the Opera thing in my other thread!!

Thanks guys!

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you tried downloading the cheats here at GBAtemp?

You can download the cheats here at the cheat database: Cheat Database of GBAtemp

Just download the USRCHEAT.dat
If you want other cheats just to be sure, download CHEATS.XML and CHEAT.DAT

I have Trauma Center, and all the cheats show perfectly. It might just be you...

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Kiriashi said:
WOH! What a huge amount of replies! So Nessie, what were you saying? I couldn't understand the integrating bit.. I just can't et moonshell to work. I got nesDS up and running just fine, but SneMulDS and snesDS wouldn't run Super Metroid...
frown.gif
. Also, I ran the cheat update and still no Trauma Center cheats. Can't I just add a cheat manually? And please help me out on the Opera thing in my other thread!!

Thanks guys!
Super Metroid is a huge game for a SNES ROM..........you MAY want to use a 3in1

fedgerama

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kiriashi said:
frown.gif

Thanks guys!

You actually can add cheats manually. I'll try not to be rude, but there's a search button to search for old topics. That is why you got so many bad responses before. These problems have already been solved and can be found with the search button. As for moonshell, instead of telling us "it won't work", tell us what's wrong with it. If it won't boot, does it say anything on the screen, or does it just freeze the AK ui? If it does boot, and it won't load the video files, did you encode them into .dpg format (Hint: Search if you don't know how!)? And again, with snesDS, tell us what it says when it doesn't load Super Metroid.

Kiriashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nessie, I have 3in1 in my DS. And with SneMulDS, it runs Super Metroid but the graphic glitches are unbearable as well as the sound. The snesDS just gives me a red screen when I run Super Metroid, and when I play mp3s on Moonshell, it will either play horrible sounds, freeze, or give me a red screen on the top screen that's covered in random binary. I haven't tried playing any movies yet but I'll try.

Thanks, sorry I'm such a moron
cry.gif
!!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Kiriashi said:
Gee your helpful..
huh.gif

i answered the questions and made a statement about doing your own research. how does that not help?

@Nessie: plugins are being removed from akaio v1.5. just FYI.

QUOTE(Kiriashi @ Feb 19 2009, 01:27 AM) when I play mp3s on Moonshell, it will either play horrible sounds, freeze, or give me a red screen on the top screen that's covered in random binary.

reencode your mp3s, something i already stated. some codecs encode with different headers to the mp3 which cause issues in moonshel. i've seen it happen with itunes and a few others. i recommend you learn to use the lame codec, and perhaps audio grabber (assuming you use a microsoft box).

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @Psionic Roshambo i didn't go amd for one specific reason, the AI performance is way behind nvidia
    +1
    i just got a 4070ti
    oh yeah also DLSS is a pretty solid reason to go nvidia since fidelityfx is kinda crap
    and now with the rtx video upscaling, and sdr->hdr conversion, even more reason to go nvidia
    both of which work well in potplayer
    amd is a bit cheaper though
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Cheaper and they are less stingy with the RAM not a big issue now but I can imagine in a yard or two things might be different
    Year not yard lol
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more