Hacking Ubuntu 8.10 Live CD DevitPPC Edition

nicksasa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok there are some guys here around that want to start coding for the wii but dont know where to start or cant install linux well its now easy just download my Live cd and download like the source of softchip, open a terminal and go to your softchip folder and then just type make and there is your dol/elf file !

Howto
-----------
Download the ISO File and burn it to a CD.
Make sure that in your BIOS the boot order is like this 1. CD ROM 2. HARD DRIVE so that it first try's to boot from a cd/dvd.
Put the cd in the drive and restart the computer, now you see a screen just press enter.
Now Ubuntu will start and then download the source off an app and then go to Applications --> Terminal.
Put your sources in the $DEVKITPPC map ( its in the devkitpro folder in the home map)
Type in the Terminal cd $DEVKITPPC, then CD "source" where source is the name of the folder
Type make and in the folder is not the dol and elf file

Note: also its a torrent file but it DOES NOT contain any copyrighted code (just for the moderators)

PLEASE SEED!

Download Torrent

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nicksasa said:
Ok there are some guys here around that want to start coding for the wii but dont know where to start or cant install linux well its now easy just download my Live cd and download like the source of softchip, open a terminal and go to your softchip folder and then just type make and there is your dol/elf file !

Download within +- 2 hours !

if anyone know as FAST upload service tell me as it takes a while with megaupload or adrive :/

700 MB download for a SoftChip .dol you can trust. If you trust nicksasa...

Just kidding, sounds nice. Are you able to install this ubuntu as regular too? I mean, run live CD, click install, and then you have a ubuntu with a installed devkit and everything you need?

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
great work Nickasa

am running F10 KDE4 right now

but save messin with my setup and potentially screwin my distro....(am new 2 *nix) am gonna definatley just throw this on a usb pen..

good work man cant wait for the D/L

20Clarky08

nicksasa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you can install it as a normal distribution but i dont know if devkitppc wil be also installed and MUCH programs are removed to make the iso file as small as possible like openoffice is remover, totem player is removed,...

nicksasa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
yeah but i dont know how to upload with torrentz :/ if you could explain it to be
smile.gif

nicksasa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i already made a torrent
smile.gif
but its on TPB should i link to the file or upload the torrent to a diffrent place ? as TPB is illegal but a torrent isnt as is doesnt contain copyright stuff

nicksasa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
WiiCrazy said:
Well, you don't need linux for devkitppc, or for any code versioning tools (exception maybe git)
They run fine on windows...
yes but there are many people that dont know how to set it up or just wanna look if the wii coding is somthing for them

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice i might install this on my portable 120 gig hd it's been collecting dust for some time.
it's even got a Ubuntu sticker on it cuz i used to use it for screwing around with source code and to show Linux to some friends.

nicksasa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
in advice you to not install it but use UNetBootIn to make a live usb stick of this with this iso but dont use the install function in the live cd as that wont copy the devkitpro folder

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicksasa said:
in advice you to not install it but use UNetBootIn to make a live usb stick of this with this iso but dont use the install function in the live cd as that wont copy the devkitpro folder
oh well i can just install ubuntu then copy my devkitppc files from my pc's hd, Ubuntu owns!
i once made a live cd with flash and music codecs on it but forgot that it doesn't install them from it till now.

nicksasa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
no you cant just copy the files you must also edit bashrc or if you just copy that file over then it will also work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse