UbiSoft Ruined Watch Dogs

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

I'm really sad to see how much Watch Dogs downgraded from being such a graphically awesome game to something comparable to the graphics of GTA IV (I seem to recall they looked even better too).:(
UbiSoft should've allowed the game to maintain its development time for longer but nope, they see people are moaning to get the game out and so that's what they're doing it.​
So.. getting this game on PS3 or PS4 makes no difference really.​

D

Deleted_171835

If you're talking about E3 2012, of course it isn't going to look as good as when the game was played on a high-end PC but if you're talking about 2013, then the graphical disparities just have to do with the time of day or the fact that every part of the game isn't going to look exactly as good. Rainy night gameplay obviously isn't going to look as good as gameplay in the middle of the day.

Look at THE demo played live not too long on Jimmy Fallon, looks just fine.

i2q1pEh3tXkqA.gif

Or the supposedly "downgraded footage".

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks fine to me, but I haven't been following this game at all and have no vested interest in it being ruined or not. If not for the captions telling which was 2012 or 2014, I don't know that I'd have noticed much difference. I'm not saying you're wrong about it being downgraded, just maybe you're overblowing it with the whole ruined thing.

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
WTH?...Infamous Second son looks way better (Which is good) than this sadly .

So your telling me after all of these delays it's not even up to par with NextGen?.

They should have at least made it a bit Darker for PS4, so you can see a little at least.

I heard people say The PS4 is like a low end Pc.

I say bullcrap Have you seen Infamous second son? It looks amazing. I really think Ubisoft didn't push the PS4 to it's limits, when making this game.

I'm Gonna still get this, but this feel like it's incomplete. Watch dogs look okay, but it just feels like it's not up to par with the competition.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Uh. Apart from the very first thing where the car on the right looks like a plastic toy car I really can't see much of a difference.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can we just complain about Watch_Dogs being a mediocre GTA clone and not because the Wii U ruined the graphics for everyone of muh grafix.

I can't think of any GTA 'clones' that actually managed to be worse than GTA.

Reactions: filfat

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Worse Graphics = Ruined?
Hmm thats like totally your opinion man..
When you've just bought a brand-new and expensive next generation system, you expect the games to be a substantial step-up from your last-gen one. Unfortunately, this is often not the case with multiplatform games which are held back by last generation hardware for the sake of compatibility.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Worse Graphics = Ruined?
Hmm thats like totally your opinion man..

Let's say you bought a high-end PC gaming rig worth around $2k would you be playing games on low settings or medium? Of course not, for that price you'd expect to get to play the games graphically at its full potential.

So even for $400/$500 you'd be wanting the same too. I certainly would, otherwise why'd I pay such absurd prices for nicer graphics?

P.S.: Even though I'm not ruling graphics are more important than gameplay, you get the drift from what I've said above. It's just a waste if that money is to play something that last-gen consoles can look equally the same.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Uh. Apart from the very first thing where the car on the right looks like a plastic toy car I really can't see much of a difference.
This. I've got to be honest: if that video switches what is shown left and right with every scene, I wouldn't be able to tell it.

Also: same complaint about titanfall: THE FREAKING GAME ISN'T RELEASED YET! You could argue that ubisoft ruined their trailer, but I wasn't buying on planning a trailer to begin with. :rolleyes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: