Ubisoft: No more Wii U exclusive games until more Wii U's sold

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure the investors get their information straight from the company they are investing in, and don't rely on the internet new media to make decisions on investments. What do you think about EA decision to make a game for every console (including the PS2 and Wii), and not the Wii U. I'd say at the most they are throwing away money making a PS2 version, and perhaps a Wii version too. I wonder what EA's investors are thinking when EA announced the release of a new PS2 game? And, out of all the wise asses in this thread, you picked me as the uneducated 13 year old. That was priceless.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure the investors get their information straight from the company they are investing in, and don't rely on the internet new media to make decisions on investments. What do you think about EA decision to make a game for every console (including the PS2 and Wii), and not the Wii U. I'd say at the most they are throwing away money making a PS2 version, and perhaps a Wii version too. I wonder what EA's investors are thinking when EA announced the release of a new PS2 game? And, out of all the wise asses in this thread, you picked me as the uneducated 13 year old. That was priceless.
Yeah, about the investors:
Ubisoft are a public company ( http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Ubisoft_Entertainment_SA_(UBI-FR) ) so anybody can be an investor.
When your list of investors comprises potentially hundreds of people with small numbers of shares, there is no way in hell you'll be keeping that information private for any length of time. Rather than having it leak, or trying to contact every single investor, which would likely be a mundane, time consuming, and ultimately pointless task, they just released the news in a smart fashion that anybody that it mattered for would hear. Your solution, or whatever you want to call it, is entirely unreasonable.

Also, no, the media is very important for investment decisions. There are many amateur investors out there who don't have inside sources, aren't big names, and don't have somebody hand feeding them all the relevant information. It's up to them to watch the news and see what it does to the numbers. You obviously don't have the slightest clue as to how an investor may make a smart decision.

What the hell are you talking about when saying the PS2 will be getting any new games? The PS2 was officially discontinued in January worldwide, and it has no new releases lined up at this point in time. Quit talking out of your ass if you want me to take you even remotely seriously.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no one even talked about their games until you commented that people are complaining about their games
Because as I said before, it hasn't been outright said.

But I digress, it's just making a mountain out of a molehill, it's just an irritating thing to see in most of these threads.

I'm with everyone else on this, the exclusives isn't necessarily a bad thing, just as long as third party support can at least continue.
It's as I always say, as a Wii U owner, I'd like some amazing games to keep coming to the little thing, from any and all publishers, regardless of exclusivity or not.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So from what I've read here...

1. Ubisoft just wants to hurt Nintendo! While there's no reasonable decision why they'd do this and a ton of their games are going out of their way to be multiplat for the Wii U, they're still trying to hurt them!
  2. Ubisoft don't want to make Wii U exclusives because Nintendo games are just SO GOOD that they're shit in comparison! Despite the fact that this is all entirely relative and just because one game sells well doesn't mean another won't, unless they're in the same release period.
  3. Something about EA because this is a Ubisoft thread! Fuck logic!

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What the hell are you talking about when saying the PS2 will be getting any new games? The PS2 was officially discontinued in January worldwide, and it has no new releases lined up at this point in time. Quit talking out of your ass if you want me to take you even remotely seriously.

Actually FIFA 14 will be on PS2

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
(though I still hold that anybody that buys a launch console deserves everything they get)
I understand your point. Early adopters are the biggest gamblers. But without them, the console industry would not exist at all. Every console launch would be a stillbirth. So I say thumbs up to early adopters. Respect to them!:bow:

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So from what I've read here...

1. Ubisoft just wants to hurt Nintendo! While there's no reasonable decision why they'd do this and a ton of their games are going out of their way to be multiplat for the Wii U, they're still trying to hurt them!
  2. Ubisoft don't want to make Wii U exclusives because Nintendo games are just SO GOOD that they're shit in comparison! Despite the fact that this is all entirely relative and just because one game sells well doesn't mean another won't, unless they're in the same release period.
  3. Something about EA because this is a Ubisoft thread! Fuck logic!
gotta love those deep insights you are throwing over there guild, I don't know what would have happened if you didn't come by!

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
Oh boy I wish I liked Popcorn just to sit here and watch this. Priceless XD
Anyways, as said, I understand that decision and I am okay with it as long as multiplatform titles come to the system. I play A LOT of Assassin's Creed but not even this franchise got me to buy a Vita or PSP. I still play it on my PS3 because Sony gets additional content that is exclusive.
BUT I pre-ordereed Watch Dogs on Wii U because I think the gamepad and hacking mechanic, if implemented well, could make a huge difference. So I hope Ubisoft shows this version the same love as it does with the other versions, meaning release all DLC and features for it.

The problem with EA was that they made 5 Wii U games and four were cheap ports with less features. Only one of the games, Need for Speed, was good. The problem here is that people already got burned by EA once that game came out so nobody bought it.

As for Ubisoft, the AC3 port was VERY good, got all DLC and patches and played as it was supposed to. ZombiU is fantastic. Ubi does generally very good with Nintendo. So of course they stop developing exclusives if nobody buy their games.

The fault here lies with those idiots that complain about those companies not releasing shit instead of buying the games they release. You want more Ubi titles? Buy their games on Wii U.

There is no conspiracy. EA was pissed because of the origin thing but now went back to regular business since Origin failed anyway. And that's the end of it. The rest is regular business. Nobody can afford to develop for a system that does not sell...

AkiroWolfman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who gives a crap if Ubisoft stop making exclusives for Nintendo, most of their non-exclusive games are their good ones like Rayman and Assassin's Creed. What are we going to be missing from the Wii U if they pull out. We'll be missing The Smurfs 2, Fitness Evolved, Zombie U and Just Dance. Ohhhh *Waves hands in a scared womany fasion* how will we ever cope without them.

Nope Ubisoft have shown just how spiteful they can be and in all honesty they are going to beg to develop for Nintendo when Mario Kart, Mario Bros and Smash Bros come out, not to mention Zelda and Donkey Kong. Nintendo always pull through and make amazing games that nobody else can so when it counts they'll pull it off.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who gives a crap if Ubisoft stop making exclusives for Nintendo, most of their non-exclusive games are their good ones like Rayman and Assassin's Creed. What are we going to be missing from the Wii U if they pull out. We'll be missing The Smurfs 2, Fitness Evolved, Zombie U and Just Dance. Ohhhh *Waves hands in a scared womany fasion* how will we ever cope without them.

Nope Ubisoft have shown just how spiteful they can be and in all honesty they are going to beg to develop for Nintendo when Mario Kart, Mario Bros and Smash Bros come out, not to mention Zelda and Donkey Kong. Nintendo always pull through and make amazing games that nobody else can so when it counts they'll pull it off.

Fuck you, I want a Zombi U sequel.

Also, Ubisoft is worse than the Mafia.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I can't say I blame them. :\ at least they're being up front with the reason (sales) and still making multiplats, instead of just making up BS about the Wii U being less powerful than 360 and almost completely turning their backs on it, like EA. Not even as a Nintendo fan, but just as a gamer, this gives me more respect for Ubisoft.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I can't say I blame them. :\ at least they're being up front with the reason (sales) and still making multiplats, instead of first saying that the Wii U is amazing at E3, then just making up BS about the Wii U being less powerful than 360 and almost completely turning their backs on it, like EA. Not even as a Nintendo fan, but just as a gamer, this gives me more respect for Ubisoft.
Fixed that for you.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm probably missing something important. Isn't the WiiU just a more powerful Wii, just like the Wii was a more powerful Gamecube? In fact, Dolphin plays both just fine due to similar architecture.

I don't remember playing anything cross platform on the Wii. Cross platform usually meant PC port, which means playable by any PC system three years old or newer at a higher resolution, frame rate, and load speed.

Is this a case of "hardcore" gamers (in this case, companies) bashing the system for not appeasing them... again?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm probably missing something important. Isn't the WiiU just a more powerful Wii, just like the Wii was a more powerful Gamecube? In fact, Dolphin plays both just fine due to similar architecture.
Yes, but the difference between the GC and Wii is much smaller than the difference between the Wii and Wii U.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there was never exclusives in the 1st place like rayman!

ZombiU_Box_Art_(Final).jpg

Also I think the point of the statement is to say titles like Rayman would've stayed exclusive if it wasn't for the dismal sales of the system.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.