Donato_Dobango

OP
Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
So Ubisoft has announced a 64% decline in sales this year in DS games and they are blaming game piracy for this.

They have responded in the calm, rational manner we know and love from Ubisoft, but threatening the world with anti-piracy in their games:

http://kotaku.com/5323863/ubisoft-plans-to...place-this-year

I wonder if they know of Square's attempt to DRM their DS games and how quickly the rom dumping community works around them.

Here's the question I pose to the forum: what games did Ubisoft release that would warrant a purchase this year? The only game I can think that I really played in 2008 from them is Prince of Persia DS and that was poorly rated and received mix reception from players due to the touch-only controls (I liked it, but not 30 bucks liked it).

For your consideration, a list of Imagine! games put out during and since this decline in sales:
* Imagine: Figure Skater (2008)
* Imagine: Rock Star (2008) (known as Imagine: Girls Band in Australia and Imagine: Girl Band in Europe)
* Imagine: Teacher (2008)
* My Secret World by Imagine (2008)
* Imagine: Babysitters (2008)
* Imagine: Baby Club (2008)
* Imagine: Fashion Model (2008)
* Imagine: Modern Dancer (2008)
* Imagine: Fashion Designer New York (2008)
* Imagine: Champion Rider (2008)
* Imagine: Pet Hospital (2008)
* Imagine: Interior Designer (2008)
* Imagine: Wedding Designer (2008) (known as Imagine: Dream Weddings in PAL regions)
* Imagine: Party Babyz (2008)
* Imagine: Ballet Star (2008) (known as Imagine: Ballet Dancer in PAL regions)
* Imagine: Movie Star (2008)
* Imagine Fashion Party (January 20, 2009)
* Imagine: Cheerleader (February 3, 2009)
* Imagine: Ice Champions (March 3, 2009)
* Imagine: Family Doctor (March 26, 2009)
* Imagine: Makeup Artist (May 12, 2009)
* Imagine Music Fest (May 26, 2009)
* Imagine: Boutique Owner (June 2, 2009)
* Imagine Soccer Captain (August 11, 2009)
* Imagine Teacher : Class Trip (August 25, 2009)
* Imagine Detective (September 8, 2009)
* Imagine Salon Stylist(September 29, 2009)
* Imagine Artist(October 13, 2009)
* Imagine Fashion Designer World Tour (October 20, 2009)

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
None of those games are remotely worth buying. They are just blaming us flashcart/ds emulator users as scapegoats on why they are losing money. Most of those games are really can only be marketed to little girls. Which might be the minority of ds users. (I don't care for the rest of the list either.)

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
between me my partnet, my kid and my 9 nephews. we have 0 ubisoft ds games legal and illegal. the really need to blame their crappy development.

Bleedingelite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be honest though. Even if they did release a decent game, I'd still download it. I only buy the games that knock my socks off. Like TWEWY. And Imagine: First Menstruation.

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bleedingelite said:
I'm going to be honest though. Even if they did release a decent game, I'd still download it. I only buy the games that knock my socks off. Like TWEWY. And Imagine: First Menstruation.
hahahahah that was probably the funniest thing ever. But if they actually had released some good games then they wouldn't have this problem.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see Square Enix using such an argument to explain decreased sales, but Ubisoft? Fug no! Hey, the company makes great games...just not on DS. Someone may, for whatever reason, dump Imagine games onto the Web, but how many sales are they really losing to pirates on that stuff? Really.
hate2.gif

GTFO, Ubi!

WalterCool

Trophies
Website
www.slash.cl
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Piracy on Ubisoft is Null

Why?! They games are a crap, really, who can speak of piracy?? Nintendo? EA maybe? Natsume? Activision? Rockstar? IDK, piracy is not they problem... really, this games cannot be sold! Are BAD BAD BAAAD! Or at least, not for 90% of DS gamers =)

Bad project guys =) Try again with best games

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ubisoft hates piracy and Nintendo fans hate god fucking awful tripe that they produce for the DS and Wii. Seriously, until Ubisoft starts making quality games for the DS and Wii, I won't buy or even play any of their games because quite frankly they suck. I think someone should take a frozen pole and shove it up the arse of Ubisofts president.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
TriforceHolder said:
WELCOME TO THE PIRACY SCENE. THE SCAPE GOAT FOR ALL THE SHOVELWARE VIDEO GAME COMPANIES OF THE WORLD!

hi to meet cha all :X But, seriously, these people need to stop blaming pirates, and if i remember correctly, i once read a report that mentioned for everyone 1 person who pirate games, there are at least 2~3+ people who actually buys them..

If these company do not stop making shitty games, they aint gona see any increase in sale anytime soon

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
irpacynot said:
I can see Square Enix using such an argument to explain decreased sales, but Ubisoft? Fug no! Hey, the company makes great games...just not on DS. Someone may, for whatever reason, dump Imagine games onto the Web, but how many sales are they really losing to pirates on that stuff? Really.
hate2.gif

GTFO, Ubi!
Square Enix, Ubisoft and a few others shouldn't QQ about piracy, maybe they should create some new IP's instead of doing remakes, watered down console ports or half assed spinoffs of console titles, people might actually buy them. Honestly I am sick of all the fricking Final Fantasy games, it's bloody well getting insane how many FF games come out every year and most of them now are just remakes and spinoffs.

xCuteBunnyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually played their fashion designer one and it was pretty fun...
I only played it cause of that one post when it was released about how you can make your character anorexic or make them to fat and get kicked out. Darn, none of that stuff is on the game : (.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT