Hacking U2DS

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys found your forum through a google search and looks like the place I might find the help I need. Just got the U2DS and the site to get the software is no longer valid. Is anyone able to offer any help?

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't find it (have you checked the downloads section here?) you can use DSTT firmware, just make a copy of the ttmenu.dat file and rename it to u2ds.dat

so on the root of the mem card you would have...

ttmenu.dat (still needed for soft reset to work)
ttmenu (folder and contents)
u2ds.dat (renamed copy of the ttmenu.dat file, needed for the u2 cart to boot)

using the same method you can also use the y's menu which is what the real u2 firmware actually is anyway.

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rasputin said:
If you can't find it (have you checked the downloads section here?) you can use DSTT firmware, just make a copy of the ttmenu.dat file and rename it to u2ds.dat

so on the root of the mem card you would have...

ttmenu.dat (still needed for soft reset to work)
ttmenu (folder and contents)
u2ds.dat (renamed copy of the ttmenu.dat file, needed for the u2 cart to boot)

using the same method you can also use the y's menu which is what the real u2 firmware actually is anyway.

Thanks for the response. If you wouldnt mind helping further. Which DSTT do i download from here. I tried 1 and did what you said but all i get is the Missing U2 core

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the latest fake safe dstt firmware, download, unpack/zip/rar, transfer the files mentioned in my previous post to the root of your mem card.

Check that 'hide file type extensions' isn't enabled in windows or you maybe inadvertently be naming them .dat.dat

..open any folder in windows and look at the options at the top, click... tools->folder options->view and then make sure 'hide known file type extensions' is set to off and apply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-m2sdd-quit-working-in-ps5.622567/page-2 guess I'm not the only...