Hacking Typical lifespan?

About7fish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently picked up my DSLite, resolved to complete my backlog of games before buying anything new. I've noticed that my flash cart is crashing more and more often these days though. One time it outright failed to load after skipping a cutscene in Radiant Historia and then my DS wouldn't acknowledge the card for the next 5 or so minutes.

My cart is only 2 and a half years old. Could it be dying already? And if so, what alternatives are there to the DSTwo? I've found emulation to be fairly lackluster and therefore never use it, so suffice it to say that it's no big deal if my next flash card doesn't have its own processor or any of the bells and whistles. Hell, that would probably do wonders for my battery life anyway.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had my ds2 for 8 plus years and it shows no sign of dying. I bought a second one in case that died but never have needed it yet. I'm glad I did because I hear the new quality of the case / cartridge is terrible. I too would say the SD card. Different qualities of sd card definitely last different length of time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro