TX Releases SX OS v1.3

TX Releases Another Update To Their SX OS, with a big new feature: 'eShop NSP Support' :)
sxos13.jpg
TX does not seem to want to take a break, they have now pumped out yet another major update to their SX OS, check it out below:
We are back once again with an exciting update for SX OS. Let's skip the drama for now and jump straight to the list of new goodies:
  • Add LayeredFS support
    Are you excited about any upcoming Game Mods for switch games? Well, we are! To accommodate this we have added what is commonly referred to as "LayeredFS" support. In short what this allows you to do is override specific files from a game with modified copies that are loaded from your microSD's (ex)FAT partition.
    Place your custom game files under the following locations on the microSD root:
    - /sxos/titles/<titleid>/exefs/
    - /sxos/titles/<titleid>/romfs/​
    We can't wait to see what cool mods the community will come up with!
  • Add eShop NSP support
    This adds support for installing and launching installed eShop NSP files. This is still rough around the edges and for advanced users only. To install NSP files you need a legitimate copy of the DevMenu, which can be launched currently via LayeredFS. We are still working on adding a custom and easy to use NSP installer to our own menu system. Stay tuned!
    WARNING: We do not recommend playing online with installed eShop NSP games without a valid ticket, as this WILL lead to a console ban without a doubt.
  • Add low battery reconfiguration on bootup
    Some users were having battery issues after playing around with Switch Linux custom payload. This fixes the "battery desync" issue every time you boot your switch. If you weren't use Switch Linux there's nothing to worry, otherwise; enjoy your penguins AND enjoy your horizon OS! :D
  • Hide OSX Temp files in game selection menu
    If you were pestered by bogus entries in the game selection menu chances are high this is because you are using OSX (and Finder). We simply hide those files from the menu now. All cleaned up!
  • Removed eMMC password lock
    It seems a perfectly safe and easily reversible hacker challenge we put in place for aspiring hackers has been blown out of proportion. We are sad to see so many false claims on the internet and to avoid any further false accusations and 'fake news' we decided to get rid of it. Namaste.
That's it for today! We'll be back soon. Team-Xecuter doesn't take a break. While others moan on social media we work day and night to bring you the best experience on Nintendo Switch.

-- Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! --
:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I would recommend playing .XCIs over .NSPs, at least those installed with DevMenu, to keep yourself from being banned as long as possible. If they're offline, Nintendo will have a harder time realizing you are playing backups and you can update them in OFW pretty safely.

That's the reason I'm holding off on NSPs with DevMenu right now...not that I'm so much worried about getting banned, but XCI just seem to be 'mounted' cart images and would likely be fairly low risk compared to using unauthorized Dev software to alter and potentially mess stuff up. I'm also certain a much better solution for eShop and DLC isn't too far off.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by Albytrozz,

Straw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
last week i just used devmenu once to install botw dlc then remove the devmenu files until now im still not ban.

josephdin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but there are people/reports of people being banned on 1.3 or below for only using backups offline? I hope not I really wanna activate my sx pro today but i would have to do it on my main switch, i will never go online with backups until it's safe, i own all the popular online titles anyway

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but there are people/reports of people being banned on 1.3 or below for only using backups offline? I hope not I really wanna activate my sx pro today but i would have to do it on my main switch, i will never go online with backups until it's safe, i own all the popular online titles anyway
Then keep waiting because there will never be a day that you can play backups online safely. Either don't play backups online or buy a second Switch. This is and has always been the norm for hacking video game devices.

Reactions: NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Then keep waiting because there will never be a day that you can play backups online safely. Either don't play backups online or buy a second Switch. This is and has always been the norm for hacking video game devices.
Well the kids doesn’t know this because of the 3ds and Wii U scene which was tolerent and banned just few people

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the kids doesn’t know this because of the 3ds and Wii U scene which was tolerent and banned just few people
While not everyone was banned in the 3DS scene, they still banned plenty of users for unknown reasons that made the 3DS hacking scene unsafe. Since there was no pattern to those bans, nothing was considered safer than everything else.

josephdin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fine then i won't use sx pro on my main switch you guys are no fun :( lol jk but in all seriousness i just want it to be safe to use .xci's in airplane mode is all, i don't mind never being able to go online with xci's

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fine then i won't use sx pro on my main switch you guys are no fun :( lol jk but in all seriousness i just want it to be safe to use .xci's in airplane mode is all, i don't mind never being able to go online with xci's
Sounds pretty safe to me. I'm just saying don't be surprised if you end up banned the second you step out of airplane mode. You would definitely not be the first. In the end, its your decision and I'm just letting you know what has happened to others both in the past and present.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just got a license today and used my own paperclip jig to get into RCM. I updated to 5.1.0 without burning fuses so I have the option to go back to 2.3.0 later if required.

Any tips for SX OS noobiez? All I've done so far is booted and tried a couple of .xci files. Having to put them in the root of the MicroSD kinda sucks, but not the end of the world.
I notice the .xci files are all huge so far, can we trim them?

I'm fully expecting this Switch to get banned. Although I won't be trying to get it banned, but I will leave it connected for game updates, etc.

I have another Switch that I will use for online (if it's ever worth going online)

Has anyone ever been banned on their legit Switch, buy doing questionable things on a hacked Switch on the same IP address?

Znuf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
How to know if we are banned? we received a mail? it's the console or just the account ?

I play offline with some backup. Some are mine and some are BBB of nsp.

I don't play online but i download Update.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Should I download game updates booting custom FW or original FW? Also, does booting original FW from SX OS burn fuses or is it disabled like it is from custom FW?

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I download game updates booting custom FW or original FW? Also, does booting original FW from SX OS burn fuses or is it disabled like it is from custom FW?

I have downloaded game updates from both OFW and CFW. I don't know if it truly matters. Anyone have input on this?

Reactions: dashkiller

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
me too couldn't give a fiddlers fuck if banned or not . Not used Eshop for anything other than game updates in over 8 months . Have downloaded from both modes still not banned though - running 1 month 3 x switches .

Reactions: andyhappypants

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong

I would use OFW to update games, unless you don't care about being banned.

you only need to worry about efuses, if you want to downgrade in the future.

Last edited by xYuunax,

Jakkal666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
How do you guys check what fuses are burned?

I'd like to know this as well, as it seems super obvious to some people (I guess disassembling and use a multi-meter would do the trick).

However, I just recently got the SX Pro and used 1.3 so.. my fuses should be ok?

Also, I'm not entirely sure what fuses people are talking about. Is it a security measure by Nintendo or a fuckup by Team Xecuter?
I officially updated my console to 5.1.0 before using the SX Pro at all, I then went on ahead and set up the SX OS 1.3.

Last edited by Jakkal666,

k3nnis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fyi, I just bought another switch on amazon prime day. So it don't really matter to me now if I got banned lol. I will have another switch which is for OFW only. It's going to get boring now haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.